Home

How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

This is a discussion on How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #49
Rookie

bigbrother005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

In the description I just read from the link provided by JP, it says that you earn overall points which up certain stats. Wouldn't that mean a shift in the exp dynamic currently used. Which I'm guessing means that goals would have to be changed. I mean we can't expect to up one whole overall point for rushing 200 yards with our rbs every game. I'm very interested to see the changes this has and will bring.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:33 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrother005
In the description I just read from the link provided by JP, it says that you earn overall points which up certain stats. Wouldn't that mean a shift in the exp dynamic currently used. Which I'm guessing means that goals would have to be changed. I mean we can't expect to up one whole overall point for rushing 200 yards with our rbs every game. I'm very interested to see the changes this has and will bring.
Goals were taken into consideration for this. More info should come out with the franchise blog.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
Welp.....before I get "under the hood" with you guys and speculate what this new Archetype System means for Franchise Mode, let me ask you this:

Just how many coined Archetypes are there in Football?

How many at each position?

Can you label them all?

Sure, some might be subjective, but how many?

To me I don't think you could count these so called archetypes. Each player is their own archetype. How many Qb's have been compared to Big Ben? If you looked at schemes the Bill O'Brien has run, would you think Watson fits well in that scheme? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning should have similar stats but should play completely different than each other. You can compare a lot of players to each other but they all play a little different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #52
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Archetypes could be very good. We could create a personality of each player. We could hopefully setup situational formation subs. If I need my run defense in, I should be able to simply call it in from the coach screen with my run support team set to fill in on the play I call.

Thus we could have the "normal" rotation. "Run" team. "pass." Goal line team, short yardage. These are just a few off the top of my head.

The user should be directed to draft and sign players that fill a number of roles to effectively field a productive team. Give me a reason to sign 38 year old Julius Peppers; there is a use for him. I just need the game to replicate the need for Peppers, and to allow for a simple implementation process within the game so I can use him efficiently when needed.

Also, players run out to kick field goals. They do no magically appear. Players should run on and off the field.. Part of the importance of Aaron Rodgers is his ability to get that free play with 12 men on the field...
Old 05-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
It is going to shape how players are built. In a CFM you have always been able to dump XP in a single stat that is OP for the position and that just isnít the case anymore. You add in the impact of fitting the coaches scheme and you get a pretty solid feature that can be built on over time.
I agree - as an example, it'll be harder to increase Derrick Henry's elusiveness than Dion Lewis (if they were the same age etc etc).....I think?

However, I wonder how they will handle superior, all-around stars that can "do it all".
Old 05-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #54
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Ideally I'd like to see a hybrid progression system that is a mix of performance based and potential based. Like let's say a guy comes into the league as a QB at 75 OVR with a potential for about 81-84 to be a competitive but solid starter. If he goes out and throws for 4,000 yards and wins rookie of the year, his potential should be augmented to low 90s and he hits that low to mid 80s in year 2 because of his year 1 performance.

Unfortunately, I think XP with dev traits are how they're trying to achieve something like this right now. Hopefully, archetypes adds that ideal extra layer that I want that puts something somewhat out of my control and into the "makeup" of my player.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #55
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Ideally I'd like to see a hybrid progression system that is a mix of performance based and potential based. Like let's say a guy comes into the league as a QB at 75 OVR with a potential for about 81-84 to be a competitive but solid starter. If he goes out and throws for 4,000 yards and wins rookie of the year, his potential should be augmented to low 90s and he hits that low to mid 80s in year 2 because of his year 1 performance.

Unfortunately, I think XP with dev traits are how they're trying to achieve something like this right now. Hopefully, archetypes adds that ideal extra layer that I want that puts something somewhat out of my control and into the "makeup" of my player.

This is what I expect too. The "XP must totally die in a pyre of blue flame" crowd will still be super upset, but as someone who has waved the white flag on XP ever being totally gone, a modification like this would be a welcome addition.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #56
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is what I expect too. The "XP must totally die in a pyre of blue flame" crowd will still be super upset, but as someone who has waved the white flag on XP ever being totally gone, a modification like this would be a welcome addition.
I could be wrong but I think NHL has something similar. Except in be a pro, their XP system is very much under the hood with progression modified based on player styles (playmaker, power forward, two way forward, sniper), potential level (Bottom 6, Top 6, Elite, Franchise), and potential likelihood (low, medium, high). It's occasionally wonky but usually works fairly well. If this is what Madden goes to, I'll be thrilled. Add that and a better way to be immersed presentation wise/league history wise in my franchise and you've just hooked a player in this mode all year

--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »