Home

Has Madden improved in the last half decade?

This is a discussion on Has Madden improved in the last half decade? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Has Madden improved in the last half decade?

Yes. Some things have gotten better, some things have gotten worse or stayed the same, but overall, I'd say yes.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #10
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
The gameplay is LEAPS & BOUNDS more realistic. It's orders of magnitude better than it was in M25. The one caveat here is I don't play much CPU much, so I can't say how much better the AI is. But the gameplay itself has improved a ton beginning with M15.

Outside the game, CFM hasn't changed much. Slight improvements on the margins to the XP/development systems, but not received much attention.
The the cpu QB AI is what holds this game back imo. Which is unfortunately huge. Gameplay has improved in many areas otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #11
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Hate to beat a dead horse since everyone seems to be in consensus here. I'd say it depends on what you're looking for.

Graphics? Yeah, they're awesome now. Gameplay is worlds better: CPU AI, passing mechanics, there are about 10 new kinds of zone coverage they've implemented into the game, etc. Oh, and Charles Davis and Brandon Gaudin are probably the best commentary duo Madden has ever had.

Franchise, however, is worse. Scouting in 25 was much better and in-depth (it's been significantly dumbed down since then). The only improvement to franchise mode has been the XP sllider system (you can tweak how fast certain positions earn XP to give your franchise world realistic breadth of talent as you go through the years and add new players).

Can't comment on the addition of MUT mode, because I don't play it. Personally, I think it's a waste that's given EA an excuse to not focus on other aspects of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The game improves, but I canít justify pay $60 for madden. I just picked up madden 18 for 12.50 on eBay. Thatís good value for madden in my opinion. Unless you love love madden, do that and save $60 for another title.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

It just doesn't make sense that the gameplay will improve in certain areas but regress in others from version to version. Franchise hasn't been as good since CFM was introduced in 13 but gameplay has improved.

Gameplay has gotten somewhat tweaked for the better since 16 but oddly CPU QB AI has been worse.At least they got them back to scrambling again in 18 with a late patch.So each version is a give and take which is the frustrating part. I'm talking purely vs. CPU.
H2H is certainly much better than before.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
Hate to beat a dead horse since everyone seems to be in consensus here. I'd say it depends on what you're looking for.

Graphics? Yeah, they're awesome now. Gameplay is worlds better: CPU AI, passing mechanics, there are about 10 new kinds of zone coverage they've implemented into the game, etc. Oh, and Charles Davis and Brandon Gaudin are probably the best commentary duo Madden has ever had.

Franchise, however, is worse. Scouting in 25 was much better and in-depth (it's been significantly dumbed down since then). The only improvement to franchise mode has been the XP sllider system (you can tweak how fast certain positions earn XP to give your franchise world realistic breadth of talent as you go through the years and add new players).

Can't comment on the addition of MUT mode, because I don't play it. Personally, I think it's a waste that's given EA an excuse to not focus on other aspects of the game.
As far as CFM goes, I like the practice squad and off the ball injuries too, tbh.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 06-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The game improves, but I canít justify pay $60 for madden. I just picked up madden 18 for 12.50 on eBay. Thatís good value for madden in my opinion. Unless you love love madden, do that and save $60 for another title.
That's why I usually buy every other year, or sometimes wait 3.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Definitely yes. Graphics are awesome and the game plays so much better. I loved M25 on the 360. Had mono that year and played it more than any game to that point, but I played Madden 15 on xone easily twice as much because it was so much better and it keeps getting better. If you have an xbox it would be worth getting the free 30 day trial of EA Access to check out M18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »