Home

Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

This is a discussion on Thinking of picking up M18, user control question... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, I get the mechanics of it, but let me see if I can explain what I'm not understanding though...

You choose only ONE team at first. But there is nowhere for you to determine how the OTHER teams will be run until you start the franchise, so whether that's in Spring Training, or my preference straight to season, when everything is set up the other teams that have still not been given a character have already made roster changes. They've released guys, picked guys up, added practice squad players, players have retired, etc etc. And I don't understand how you're supposed to stop that stuff from happening if there's no place to choose more characters before the season actually gets going. That selection point should happen BEFORE "start franchise". Shouldn't it? What am I doing wrong? Do the rosters have to be set a certain way?
Start at preseason, then click the right stick and create 32 owners. Then at cut week, manually cut the players for each roster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2006
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Start at preseason, then click the right stick and create 32 owners. Then at cut week, manually cut the players for each roster.
But isn't there the option (I think I saw it) to start with an already cut roster or something? I feel like there were two options for which roster to start with and I feel like one was an un-cut roster and the other was just active players. ...or something like that.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 06-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
tinpanalley is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #11
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
But isn't there the option (I think I saw it) to start with an already cut roster or something? I feel like there were two options for which roster to start with and I feel like one was an un-cut roster and the other was just active players. ...or something like that.
As far as I am aware, that is only available for a user created online franchise. You can still control everything, but you have to retire and create a new character every time you want to adjust a team (warning: do NOT ever select retire from league at the window where it asks if you want to either retire or create a new character. If you do, you will be permanently locked out of your own franchise).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2006
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
As far as I am aware, that is only available for a user created online franchise.
No, I'm looking at it right now and I'm not connected to the internet.
tinpanalley is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Top -