Home

Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

This is a discussion on Thinking of picking up M18, user control question... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thinking of picking up M18, user control question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, I get the mechanics of it, but let me see if I can explain what I'm not understanding though...

You choose only ONE team at first. But there is nowhere for you to determine how the OTHER teams will be run until you start the franchise, so whether that's in Spring Training, or my preference straight to season, when everything is set up the other teams that have still not been given a character have already made roster changes. They've released guys, picked guys up, added practice squad players, players have retired, etc etc. And I don't understand how you're supposed to stop that stuff from happening if there's no place to choose more characters before the season actually gets going. That selection point should happen BEFORE "start franchise". Shouldn't it? What am I doing wrong? Do the rosters have to be set a certain way?
Start at preseason, then click the right stick and create 32 owners. Then at cut week, manually cut the players for each roster.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Start at preseason, then click the right stick and create 32 owners. Then at cut week, manually cut the players for each roster.
But isn't there the option (I think I saw it) to start with an already cut roster or something? I feel like there were two options for which roster to start with and I feel like one was an un-cut roster and the other was just active players. ...or something like that.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 06-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
But isn't there the option (I think I saw it) to start with an already cut roster or something? I feel like there were two options for which roster to start with and I feel like one was an un-cut roster and the other was just active players. ...or something like that.
As far as I am aware, that is only available for a user created online franchise. You can still control everything, but you have to retire and create a new character every time you want to adjust a team (warning: do NOT ever select retire from league at the window where it asks if you want to either retire or create a new character. If you do, you will be permanently locked out of your own franchise).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
As far as I am aware, that is only available for a user created online franchise.
No, I'm looking at it right now and I'm not connected to the internet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »