Home

Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #73
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 19 Will Be on PC, Confirmed at EA Play

OH SHI...!!! MAKE IT ULTRAWIDE SUPPORT PLEASE! Time to renew my Origins subscription and cancel the console one.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #74
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
I am going to buy Xbox and PC version just to support the PC addition. The reps at EA need to know there is a PC community, and even if I don't play this years version on PC much, I want to support it going forward.
My hope would be - and maybe not this year year - buying one or subscribing to a combination of services will essentially enable cross-buy and you'd own it on all participating platforms (so likely PC and Xbox).

I'm hoping that we get information soon on cross-play, and if the above is possible we'd probably hear about it at MS's conference tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #75
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Disagree

If you saw what was out there for Fifa this year you’d have an idea. You can mod faces, tattoos, fields, shoes, uniforms, coaches, real tv network overlays and score boards, pretty much anything you want. My FIFA is almost unrecognizable compared to the vanilla out of the box version.

Couldn’t be more excited about this. I have been modding games for about a decade now and the possibilities are mind boggling exciting. I made a ton of mods for Fifa using frosty editor and it’s actually pretty easy to use compared to back 10 years ago when I started modding 2k games.

The one downside was the way it worked every time there was an update you hade to update the mods but I think the new editors fixed that problem.

I didn’t think I’d ever see madden come back to PC and im thrilled.
Not only that, but it's made huge progress since FIFA 17 (the series' first move to Frostbite). The collaboration between player modders of Battlefield and FIFA has really paid off over the past two years, and the culmination of that work was released this week for FIFA. I think to add the talent of Madden players with modding knowledge to the effort will only push the envelope of what's possible even further. If anything, Madden's return to PC isn't coming at day zero of the figuring out of how to mod Frostbite—the modding capability is reasonably mature at this stage.

At this point, within a few months of release, I'd expect we'll be able to:

-modify field art
-custom uniforms
-custom tattoos
-custom DB's (rosters/editing draft classes outside of the game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #76
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

So what about NBA LIVE, UFC and NHL? They should follow soon? No?
Old 06-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #77
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Will Be on PC, Confirmed at EA Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
OH SHI...!!! MAKE IT ULTRAWIDE SUPPORT PLEASE! Time to renew my Origins subscription and cancel the console one.

I'm with you there! Running Madden on 3440x1440 at 100Hz on an IPS panel would be AMAZING.

#GoCoogs - #ForTheCity - #ForTheH
Old 06-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Not only that, but it's made huge progress since FIFA 17 (the series' first move to Frostbite). The collaboration between player modders of Battlefield and FIFA has really paid off over the past two years, and the culmination of that work was released this week for FIFA. I think to add the talent of Madden players with modding knowledge to the effort will only push the envelope of what's possible even further. If anything, Madden's return to PC isn't coming at day zero of the figuring out of how to mod Frostbite—the modding capability is reasonably mature at this stage.

At this point, within a few months of release, I'd expect we'll be able to:

-modify field art
-custom uniforms
-custom tattoos
-custom DB's (rosters/editing draft classes outside of the game)
These little things are better than nothing, but honestly, you're mostly talking about the least problematic things in Madden. Tattoos, field, uniforms are secondary to the things that actually need to be fixed.

I think when people think of modding, they think there will be animation/physic changes, probably due to how open something like Skyrim/Fallout is, but I don't think that will be possible with the Frostbite engine.

As I said, this is obviously better than nothing and EA should have provided PC support since 08, but I don't think the modding scene will explode until EA allows more mod support for the engine.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #79
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Disagree

If you saw what was out there for Fifa this year you’d have an idea. You can mod faces, tattoos, fields, shoes, uniforms, coaches, real tv network overlays and score boards, pretty much anything you want. My FIFA is almost unrecognizable compared to the vanilla out of the box version.

Couldn’t be more excited about this. I have been modding games for about a decade now and the possibilities are mind boggling exciting. I made a ton of mods for Fifa using frosty editor and it’s actually pretty easy to use compared to back 10 years ago when I started modding 2k games.

The one downside was the way it worked every time there was an update you hade to update the mods but I think the new editors fixed that problem.

I didn’t think I’d ever see madden come back to PC and im thrilled.
Are you going to be active in modding Madden 19? Would love to get some accurate tattoos and
update some equipment. Do u think mouthguards are finally possible?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #80
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Where all the old Football-Freaks peeps at? Gommo, Nza, etc..

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »