Home

Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #129
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

Well looks like I need a pc...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #130
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Online franchise to be back on the PC as well, right? The last time I remember it being on Madden was in 2001. I was in so many online franchises, commish of two of them, lol. That's crazy to think of.
At EA PLAY I spoke to Isabelle de MacHenri - a development director at EA Tiburon who is leading the Madden NFL 19 PC release - and she told me that M19 PC will have feature parity with consoles.

That means online franchise, offline franchise, MUT, Longshot, and everything else you expect from Madden on consoles will appear on PC as well.

To answer another question before it comes up - she also told me that Madden 19 PC won't offer any official modding support this year. The two major development focal points were feature parity and graphics support - not only for top-of-the-line systems, but also scalability for weaker hardware configurations. That didn't leave any time to implement any official mod support during this cycle. This fact probably won't stop modders - no previous Madden game officially supported mods, either - but if you break something trying to make changes, don't expect any official support.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #131
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

There’s plenty of games without mod support that are modded at least.

I imagine they’ll never be mod supportive honestly. Maybe I’m wrong.

Luckily, we have very smart people in the community that can mod these regardless.

Good info though CM. With online franchise, not sure mods would even be viable. Typically they’re not when it comes to online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Alas, there was once an age where EA treated PC as a first class platform - making features specifically for it. In the long, long ago.
I was on ICQ and Yahoo messenger at the time. Where are all the big franchise trades happened. I can remember draft night like it was yesterday...
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #133
MVP

OVR: 0

A Madden PC CFM intrigues me for sure. I'd love to be able to more easily take Madden with me and check bids in FA and draft. Kind of makes me hope it gets us closer to total CFM management from a computer/phone.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #134
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

CFM is going to be a tough nut to crack for modders. I'm pretty sure it's possible and once it is cracked it'll be far more moddable than the old franchise mode was, but being that it exists almost entirely in data rather than SQL is going to make it difficult to manage because that data will repopulate on the fly. I wouldn't be surprised if modding online franchises end up being a non-starter while offline single player ends up being very moddable.

This is all a guess though. I see some issues, but I also know how ridiculously brilliant the old football-freaks modders were, so we'll see. IF we can mod it, we can basically rebuild franchise mode externally however we like, much how we did for Madden '05-'09 PC. In MaddenAmp we built a complete training camp system, rebalanced the draft, fixed draft logic, totally rebuilt progression, and even fixed the sim engine.

Again, this is back when everything was stored in SQL. The GameChanger DB might be tougher to crack. Specifically, identifying what given fields do.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

ďThe only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.Ē
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-11-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #135
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

hopefully using modding its going to be possible to create your own uniforms, stadiums, logos, etc and import them into the game. you can really get carried away with customization on PC with photoshop and stuff. I've missed that. picking from the EA premade teams and relocation cities just doesnt do it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #136
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
CFM is going to be a tough nut to crack for modders. I'm pretty sure it's possible and once it is cracked it'll be far more moddable than the old franchise mode was, but being that it exists almost entirely in data rather than SQL is going to make it difficult to manage because that data will repopulate on the fly. I wouldn't be surprised if modding online franchises end up being a non-starter while offline single player ends up being very moddable.

This is all a guess though. I see some issues, but I also know how ridiculously brilliant the old football-freaks modders were, so we'll see. IF we can mod it, we can basically rebuild franchise mode externally however we like, much how we did for Madden '05-'09 PC. In MaddenAmp we built a complete training camp system, rebalanced the draft, fixed draft logic, totally rebuilt progression, and even fixed the sim engine.

Again, this is back when everything was stored in SQL. The GameChanger DB might be tougher to crack. Specifically, identifying what given fields do.
The way Fifa has gone so far and what I would suspect will happen with madden is the majority of mods being superficial graphical improvements such as uniforms, shoes, logos, fields, real broadcast overlays as well as created menu art.

As far as the real meat and potato changes people want such as deeper roster editing. I expect some sort of cheat engine support for but probably limited to offline.

I havenít messed around with the new Fifa editor yet but frosty is really limited to graphical mods and changing textures which substantially changes the game for the better but isnít what I think a lot of people are hoping for. The massive game changing mods in Madden 08 and previous Maddens arenít possible in regards to what weíve seen in Fifa. The good news is that Madden on PC will add a whole other group of individuals interested In understanding the Frostbite engine and making tools to mod it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »