Home

Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm assuming you're a custom playbook user for offline CFM games, too, so speaking one to another, even if they only made a 50% improvement to CPU play calling, I'd still be elated, because I could avoid the insane workarounds necessary to use, and because I could play a game in something other than sunny weather.

I take your skepticism, as it's well earned, but I'm still pretty stoked about this.
Oh absolutely, my post may have come across a little negative but in actual fact the news that has come out so far has me the most excited for a Madden game since 12.

I just want to avoid people expecting gold from a feature that may only deliver bronze
Old 06-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Is there any way of knowing if the defensive playbooks also received attention?

There's a preponderance of DB blitzes in those that compromises the CPU D, and like offense in the past, there's relatively little playbook utilization.
Yeah I'm really hoping they utilize there whole playbook, but they also need to know the situation too. They also aren't too good at the defending empty formations. Too many times you'll see an LB matched up on a WR in man coverage. The random playcalling leaves players wide open a lot too in the slot. It was just too many things where you can exploit the AI and this was on All-Madden with tough sliders. I have a friend who strictly looks for exploits every year to take advantage of the CPU and he finds something every year too. EA should fly him down. Haha!
Old 06-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I fear people may be puting too much weight into improved AI calling. My interpretation was that the AI now has a larger number of plays to choose from in certain situations as opposed to improved situational awareness when choosing the play
This has definitely been my biggest pet peeve with the AI. They need to improve on there situational awareness like you said. Expanding there usage of the playbook will be an improvement but recognizing the personnel and the situation would be a bigger improvement with the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I fear people may be puting too much weight into improved AI calling. My interpretation was that the AI now has a larger number of plays to choose from in certain situations as opposed to improved situational awareness when choosing the play
I second this.

The idea that they added more means nothing if they don’t utilize the entire book. There’s almost 500 plays per book, but they only had 20-30 per situation. If they increased it to say a 100, then it’s a game changer.

Remember I had to nerf the custom book by half the formations and plays just for the game not to crash. If they can pull it off with the entire book intact, the game will hit another level.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I second this.

The idea that they added more means nothing if they don’t utilize the entire book. There’s almost 500 plays per book, but they only had 20-30 per situation. If they increased it to say a 100, then it’s a game changer.

Remember I had to nerf the custom book by half the formations and plays just for the game not to crash. If they can pull it off with the entire book intact, the game will hit another level.
I doubt they're going to come anywhere close to the quality of your work. Your books are the only way this game is playable for me, frankly.

I think a major issue is the strange way the defensive books are set up by set rather than by situation. And the glitches in the D books for some sets complicates matters.

They need to tone down the blitzing in the D books.

I wonder if Guerrero knows that 50% or more of the O plays will literally never get called if you play the CPU because of the game plan system.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah I hope they didn't go from calling the same plays over and over to calling a different group of plays over and over which is what I fear will happen
Old 06-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #39
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0

This is stuff that should have been fixed years ago.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Now > than "in the future."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »