Home

Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #41
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Top 10 Madden 19 Gameplay Improvements

I was thinking the same thing with playbooks. I am assuming they just added more plays in each situation. I was also worried they didn't touch the defensive books, but if they did they just put more options/plays in them. But what does that mean? They have 40 plays now instead of 20 in a situation. Defensively am I still going to see all the cover 0 plays? Question is will the CPU have situational awareness and adjust to what we the USER are calling? I highly doubt that. Lets say I call cover 2 every play. Will they know that and figure it out and call a play to counter it? I'd bet my house the answer is a no, but I really hope I am wrong. The other thing is now that they have touched it is it a band aid and now it won't be touched again for the next 10 years? IDK... This will be very interesting to go look at when the game is released...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #42
Rookie

SOU7GLO's Arena

OVR: 0

Did the wind in Online CFM games get toned down? High winds make flipping the field too easy when the offense is backed up in their territory. And also making 60+ yards field goals are too common and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

We don't know, yet, but haven't heard anything about it.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I doubt they're going to come anywhere close to the quality of your work. Your books are the only way this game is playable for me, frankly.

I think a major issue is the strange way the defensive books are set up by set rather than by situation. And the glitches in the D books for some sets complicates matters.

They need to tone down the blitzing in the D books.

I wonder if Guerrero knows that 50% or more of the O plays will literally never get called if you play the CPU because of the game plan system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I was thinking the same thing with playbooks. I am assuming they just added more plays in each situation. I was also worried they didn't touch the defensive books, but if they did they just put more options/plays in them. But what does that mean? They have 40 plays now instead of 20 in a situation. Defensively am I still going to see all the cover 0 plays? Question is will the CPU have situational awareness and adjust to what we the USER are calling? I highly doubt that. Lets say I call cover 2 every play. Will they know that and figure it out and call a play to counter it? I'd bet my house the answer is a no, but I really hope I am wrong. The other thing is now that they have touched it is it a band aid and now it won't be touched again for the next 10 years? IDK... This will be very interesting to go look at when the game is released...
Don’t get me wrong, football is a tough sport to simulate intelligence. I get it.

But the system they have now is so outdated in comparison to something like nba 2K. Take what 2K was 4 years ago to what it is now in terms of AI play calling and then take Madden to 4 years ago to now. It’s kinda sad.

I’m a firm believer in sliders/tendencies as must have and game changers for sports gaming. It would open the door to have a new experience every single time you play the same team and keep the game fresh 4-6 seasons in to a CFM.

Football play calling comes down to scheming around a teams tendencies and weaknesses. There has to be a way to implement something that will be slider based and THAT will dictate what plays are called based on the down and distance.

I know I’m rambling here but something like you have ur backup QB in and the other team has a great pass rush. So you’d have a “short passing, ball control” strategy selected that would then adjust the situational play calling to have only those play types included in them. Instead of the same 20 plays no matter what. It’s notnimpossible all that have to do is put each play into a category and it would then get added to the strategy you selected.

Last edited by xSABOx; 06-10-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #45
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

They need to add player AI & situational awareness as well as coaching/team situational awareness and IQ. They have logic in zones and they have it for the CPU QB in picking who to pass to but that’s about it. Even RB’s unless edited with ball carrier vision can’t find a hole for the CPU. I won’t even go into CPU kick or punt returners running straight ahead! Madden has a long ways to go in this area and it sounds like it’s getting a band aid which is better then nothing and I’m fine with it as long as they plan on implementing a better and deeper solution down the road. Again, I hope they went deep here and surprise me, but fool me once shame on you fool me twice well you know, but fool me multiple times?! I’m not falling for the banana in the tailpipe...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 06-10-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Don’t get me wrong, football is a tough sport to simulate intelligence. I get it.

But the system they have now is so outdated in comparison to something like nba 2K. Take what 2K was 4 years ago to what it is now in terms of AI play calling and then take Madden to 4 years ago to now. It’s kinda sad.

I’m a firm believer in sliders/tendencies as must have and game changers for sports gaming. It would open the door to have a new experience every single time you play the same team and keep the game fresh 4-6 seasons in to a CFM.

Football play calling comes down to scheming around a teams tendencies and weaknesses. There has to be a way to implement something that will be slider based and THAT will dictate what plays are called based on the down and distance.

I know I’m rambling here but something like you have ur backup QB in and the other team has a great pass rush. So you’d have a “short passing, ball control” strategy selected that would then adjust the situational play calling to have only those play types included in them. Instead of the same 20 plays no matter what. It’s notnimpossible all that have to do is put each play into a category and it would then get added to the strategy you selected.
Yeah and adjustments should vary from coach to coach. Some should pick up on what you're doing right away and then at the other end of the spectrum should be coaches that just stick to their gameplan and don't really adjust
Old 06-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #47
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I am the same with this. Plus let's see how it plays on all madden difficulty.

Lol I’ve given up on All-Madden and started loving myself. Feels great.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #48
Rookie

i wonder if defensive holding was added back in...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »