Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #73
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Details

They need team specific records as well as awards
Offensive poy for each team etc
Old 06-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Not overly hyped about the changes, but that could just be because I figure they will be half-baked. Hope that there is some stuff in the blog that gets me a bit more excited.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #75
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Color me excited

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #76
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
This sounds really good, but I'm a little concerned that they removed the Slow trait. My concern is I don't want to see a bunch of 90+ overall players 10 years down the road. Unless they've made "Normal" progression pretty slow.
My guess is, the slow development was taken out in favor of the scheme system. Since players in the proper scheme develop quicker, it likely means that normal dev guys in the wrong scheme may struggle a little to keep up, which may equate to slow development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So a lot of what I was afraid of is here. There's one archetype per position. So, yanno, screw the Saints and Falcons backfields. Screw the 49ers receiving corps with their route runner split end, speed flanker, and agile slot receiver.

Simplistic, punishing users for being innovating by locking them into "schemes" that aren't really that at all. I'm not particularly liking any of this.
Ugh.. i hadn't thought about that. Perhaps the specialized positions will have their own archetype slot? IE slot receivers different from flankers? We can only hope that's the case at this point, because you are right, that could turn into a problem from a realism standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peki
It all sounds good, but itís still EA and itís still Madden. I still have to see all this working in an actual game, which is the main reason Iím not preordering the game. Iíll rather wait for the first couple of weeks, I need to see how people in the sim community actually feel about the game.

I still remember being pumped up about the formation subs being back in M17, and then it turns out it doesnít work and it never actually got fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Couldn't agree more. We've been discussing it in our online league. It all sounds pretty great, but let's see what happens. It could change between now and then, it's happened before. Or, it could be there but not work properly at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Weighted randomization development based on archetype = Christmas for 32-man CFMs who care about realism.

I honestly did not think we would see that in M19.
Absolutely. Player development has been such a big issue for online leagues. It's nice to see it being somewhat removed from our control, to a degree. Almost everyone in the league agrees that it will be an improvement.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #77
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

I was hoping to read something about contracts, financials, and trade logic. Hopefully, we get a more thorough feature changelist next week. The other element I'm curious about is coaching progression. Would coach progression also become random, or remain identical to last year's title?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #78
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think this may be what you guys were looking for, I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that has potential to be HUGE for immersion
Old 06-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I think that has potential to be HUGE for immersion
It will be should see more info on it in the blog.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #80
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Read the ticker on the bottom in some of the CFM screens. They are definitely not real NFL news. Still not what I want but it is a change.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Iíve advocated that the ticker should be franchise news rather than real world NFL news for a while, but that would seem to be the social media news stuff being fed through that ticker rather than scores, stats, transactions, etc. The social media news stuff from last year was mostly useless. And it wouldnít be adequate on the main franchise menu screen to give you detailed info about your yea, and the league as a whole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »