Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

I really like the news and heavily leaning towards buying Madden this year with it seeming like it is heading into right direction.
Like the scheme and having to get the right player. That with newer ratings and the custom draft, will it make it more important to do in-depth scouting.

One question, I have is this quote: "You can create your own hidden draft gems and stash them in the lower rounds. “If you can imagine it, you can draft it,” says producer Ben Haumiller." I don't understand how you would stash them in lower rounds, unless you can control how AI ranks players
Old 06-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #98
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

I love what I just heard Clint say in an interview with MBL:

"...you're making decisions now around what TYPE of player you want to build or what type of player you need rather than getting into the minutia of each individual rating and which things are more important to you, it streamlines the experience and gets you focused more on building an entire team, rather than each individual player."

Music to my ears. I'm on board with M19.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:02 AM   #99
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not all that impressed with the additions myself.

As mentioned earlier, having a single archetype for each position is not at all realistic and actually a step back from the current WR1, WR2 player types. I want one guy to be a possession or route runner and I want another guy to be a deep threat, this system doesn't support that. You will get penalized if you want to go out and get a deep threat or speed WR to compliment your west coast offense.

If the goal is to make me feel like a NFL coach, this fails. Want me to feel like a coach?
1. Allow me to create my own scheme, not choose 1 out of 6 vanilla schemes
2. Give me a damn coaching staff and have them matter. E.g. hiring a 3-4 guy as DC but running a 4-3 should be less than ideal.

Give me a mechanic that actually replicates NFL systems. Cowboys are listed as Vertical Zone run. So their scheme will be identical to any other team listed as having the same. That is simply not the case in real life. It doesn't matter where Dez Bryant ultimately signs, there will be a learning and acclimation period, yet this is completely not represented in Madden.

I can draft a rookie that fits my scheme and right off the bat he is as good a fit as my 5 year vet? No, once again EA you are doing it wrong.

I want full coaching staffs, and I want players to have to learn each coach's system.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #100
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I like that the traditional player traits can't be purchased anymore. Also with regression now being based on weighted randomization it's not going to be a no-brainer decision to just dump 29 year-old backs, receivers and DBs. It would suck for some if it happened to them, but it would also be nice if a star RB occasionally just fell off a cliff at 26.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:10 AM   #101
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Not buying this year (sticking to my previous word, and the OOTP baseball sim company is teaming up with Front Office Football to create a brand new football sim, so that'll be my route this year), but i really like the news. A big step in the right direction, and can be a stepping stone for other great additions in the future.

Also, one thing about archetypes in the future, is maybe specifying 2 strengths and weaknesses in the players skillset along with their archetype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 03:08 AM   #102
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

For those who remember Carlos' quote about Franchise mode, some reactions here is what he meant. I think EA really surprised people with what they did with Franchise this year. You have some posts saying this gives them hope Franchise won't just die and go away. Yes, are there things we should have in a Franchise Mode in 2018? Yes.

Yet we have people saying hey why don't we have this, or they should have done this, etc. This is what Carlos meant, it wasn't meant to be disrespectful, but more so no matter what they add to franchise someone won't be happy.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:03 AM   #103
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not trying to be sarcastic. But in what ways could screen shots that you choose help immerse you in your franchise.

To me it would be great if the loading screens were randomized from not only your game but other teams with information about your league.

For example your the Patriots. One leading screen is a pic of Brady and some stats for the year or a specific game. Next loading screen shows Antonio Brown and his stats, showing he had a monster game the week before. Next one is Aaron Donald who had 3 sacks last game or is leading the league in sacks. And so on

If it is just hand picked shots by the user how does this tell the story of the league. I already know what my players are doing in the league.

Like I said, not trying to be sarcastic just trying to see what your thinking.

My biggest gripe in franchise is it's more like a bunch of play now games that keep track of stats. I just want to know what's going on in the league in an easy and creative way. Like someone said earlier, I would love to see breaking news pop up. Aaron Rodgers tore acl. Out for season. Soenthing like that.
You make a great point about franchise loading screens being a perfect opportunity to shed additional light on what is going on around the league and your own team. Show a pic of who performed well last week, who scored most TD’s, who made most INT’s...

Instead those loading screens are mostly another ad spot for pimping MUT.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:21 AM   #104
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

Some people are impressed way too easily.

They add things that shouldve been in the game years ago....or added things BACK INTO the game that they took out, and some act like they are impressive additions.

Sorry, but even with the additions, Madden 19 franchise mode still isnt NOTABLY better than CFM when it was first introduced in Madden 13. Coaches still dont matter, scouting is still going to be a joke, and it just looks like more of the same.

Thats all I have to say on the matter. Im sick of saying the same thing every year. Have to accept EA doesnt really care about anything but MUT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »