Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #113
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
In itself, not a whole lot. But when you pair it with something like the news feed:

or like you mentioned loading screens:

it can take things like that to the next level and make them that much more interesting because instead of being a generic screenshot the game generated it's something that was literally from the game.
They should just put some manpower into your blueprints and make it happen lol no thinking needed on their part, your presentation builds are perfect.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 06-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #114
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like what they are adding, but it doesn't make up for what is lacking in my eyes. There are only 2 sports games out right now that truly have a franchise mode to talk about. Out of the Park and NBA 2k. Madden, NHL, and The Show are just too barren compared to those games and provide little to no immersion and life to their modes.
I love this post. Although it's worth giving The Show some credit - fatigue from day to day plays a part, not in terms of injuries but in terms of managing your roster. Likewise the two levels of Minor Leagues mean that calling players up and down, playing games for the minor league terms and assessing performance also matters. But your points are generally very well made. Madden is a million miles away.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-10-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #115
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Question is, will CPU controlled teams change their schemes and sign/draft players to fit their scheme? Also, if a coach changes teams will his scheme be implemented to his new team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #116
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ton of New Franchise Info

I'm actually pretty excited about some of these things. I've been begging for the schemes to come back and even a little nudge to draft day means alot to me. I wonder how the snapshot feature will be implemented. Could add alot of immersion.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #117
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Anyone know if the team played for by year is back on the player card in stats? lol
Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #118
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I really like the news and heavily leaning towards buying Madden this year with it seeming like it is heading into right direction.
Like the scheme and having to get the right player. That with newer ratings and the custom draft, will it make it more important to do in-depth scouting.

One question, I have is this quote: "You can create your own hidden draft gems and stash them in the lower rounds. “If you can imagine it, you can draft it,” says producer Ben Haumiller." I don't understand how you would stash them in lower rounds, unless you can control how AI ranks players

My guess is you can put a round range per prospect (such as Round 3-5) and it will randomly place a value on that player. It's not the best guess, but that's all I can think of right now.

That or it'll place a grade on the player based off ratings, but kind of like NCAA 14, it doesn't determine draft stock 100%. It will sometimes throw a 5-star caliber on a 3-4 star caliber rating, but for Madden in this instance, it'll throw a lower grade on a higher rated player.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #119
Rookie

I wonder how changing schemes will be implemented. Can a coach just change the scheme at will? In reality, a coach got to their position likely because they were excellent at a particular scheme and changing, while doable, would likely set them back in the knowledge department.

I feel like there needs to be a cost to change schemes. Either it uses up a number of coach XP points which you can rationalize as time coach spent learni g a new scheme is time not able to improve in other areas.

Or it could be a trait that you have to earn. Once you achieve a certain level, you can change schemes but less skilled or experienced coaches are not yet able to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #120
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I'm very excited for this year's game. Last one I got was 17

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »