Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #121
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I wonder how changing schemes will be implemented. Can a coach just change the scheme at will? In reality, a coach got to their position likely because they were excellent at a particular scheme and changing, while doable, would likely set them back in the knowledge department.

I feel like there needs to be a cost to change schemes. Either it uses up a number of coach XP points which you can rationalize as time coach spent learni g a new scheme is time not able to improve in other areas.

Or it could be a trait that you have to earn. Once you achieve a certain level, you can change schemes but less skilled or experienced coaches are not yet able to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good ideas, and I'm curious to see how this plays out during coaching changes. Hopefully when teams change HCs, we will see a bit of a transitional period as the roster turns over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #122
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
I wonder how changing schemes will be implemented. Can a coach just change the scheme at will? In reality, a coach got to their position likely because they were excellent at a particular scheme and changing, while doable, would likely set them back in the knowledge department.

I feel like there needs to be a cost to change schemes. Either it uses up a number of coach XP points which you can rationalize as time coach spent learni g a new scheme is time not able to improve in other areas.

Or it could be a trait that you have to earn. Once you achieve a certain level, you can change schemes but less skilled or experienced coaches are not yet able to pull it off.

And your playbook should have to match your scheme or there should be some sort of penalty, otherwise you can just pick the scheme that fits the most of your players and pick a playbook that is for a completely different scheme
Old 06-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #123
Rookie

bigbrother005's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried looking through every piece of info thats come out. Has anybody seen anything about picking preseason opponents or at least not playing division rivals and the same teams every year?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #124
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

No there hasn't been any word on if you can pick your preseason opponents. Hopefully the Franchise blog comes out tomorrow so we will finally know everything that they did to the mode.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #125
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Or sometime later this week like the others had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #126
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Although I like your idea, I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be any cost for changing schemes for the coach other than the OVR of some of your players temporarily going down and your scheme fit percentage going down as well. Your players won't get bonus XP to speed up their progression if they don't fit your scheme though, so there is that as well.

The article talks about changing your scheme and getting different players to build around a QB that unexpectedly fell to you in the draft, so it seems like they designed it to allow the User to change schemes at will with the only consequences being the ones list above.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #127
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I hope we can edit the CPU coaches' preferences outside of CFM, or edit them inside CFM and have them stick, which is not possible this year.

If you looked at them closely this year, you'll see that a hack job was done on those in the same way that a hack job was done on game plans: tons of teams had the same positional templates, and not because they all ran the same scheme. It rather looked like somebody just cut and pasted a basic setup to many or most teams without regard to the actual positional preferences of existing D coordinators.

This meant that most 43 teams had the SEA template for positional archetypes, even if they didn't run that scheme, which not everyone does.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the custom draft classes, but if the big thing this year is new presentation I'm going to be pretty upset. It's nice and all, but it's far from a huge upgrade. Obviously have to wait for the blog, but really hoping for better scouting/draft process (not the presentation - the actual draft itself).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »