Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #137
MVP
 
scitychamps87's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
I have been wanting this exact thing along with the ability to set the schedule for the upcoming season. I hate it when I look at the schedule and have 3 road games, then a bye week, and 2 more road games! This season I started my schedule with 4 home games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That desperately needs improvement. They should just do what NCAA does and allow you to customize the schedule slightly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
PITTSBURGH PROUD
--6 Time Super Bowl Champions--
--5 Time World Series Champions--
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
scitychamps87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #138
MVP
 
brent3419's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Starkville, MS
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
That desperately needs improvement. They should just do what NCAA does and allow you to customize the schedule slightly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I would like for them to bring it back for pre-season games too, it gets boring playing the same 4 teams forever in your franchise

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
__________________
NFL: New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers
NHL: San Jose Sharks, Anahiem Ducks
NBA: San Antonio Spurs
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
brent3419 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #139
MVP
 
scitychamps87's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
I would like for them to bring it back for pre-season games too, it gets boring playing the same 4 teams forever in your franchise

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I have just started skipping the preseason. I can't handle that kind of boredom anymore.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
PITTSBURGH PROUD
--6 Time Super Bowl Champions--
--5 Time World Series Champions--
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
scitychamps87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #140
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

I hope they fixed AI roster management (resigning, FA signing, and trades) and draft day logic (picks, trades, etc). The current system makes the game borderline unplayable. Unfortunately not all of us can play in a 30-player+ CFM and must rely on AI to manage the rest of the league :/

I honestly don't care much for presentation at this point. I want substance.
Xpider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #141
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,624
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

I'm gonna take a shot at unpacking the progression system.

It seems like XP is going to have thresholds that you're looking to reach, and when you hit them the game is simply going to increase the player's overall rating 1 point within the scheme/archetype you have.

So the individual ratings will be increased enough to raise the OVR 1 point. Pretty much how Madden 12s/NCAA 14s progression worked, by reverse engineering the OVR formula on the fly.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I can see how it'll be a huge improvement over the previous system. Much easier to balance in the background. Hopefully, we'll still have control over XP awards.

Unless something's going on under the hood to mitigate it, the two huge weaknesses of the XP system (the good just keep getting better while the poor languish and never improve and not enough stats for offensive linemen to progress them as individuals rather than creating 5 or 6 super-lines across the league and the rest stuck with scrubs) are going to remain.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #142
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm gonna take a shot at unpacking the progression system.

It seems like XP is going to have thresholds that you're looking to reach, and when you hit them the game is simply going to increase the player's overall rating 1 point within the scheme/archetype you have.

So the individual ratings will be increased enough to raise the OVR 1 point. Pretty much how Madden 12s/NCAA 14s progression worked, by reverse engineering the OVR formula on the fly.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I can see how it'll be a huge improvement over the previous system. Much easier to balance in the background. Hopefully, we'll still have control over XP awards.

Unless something's going on under the hood to mitigate it, the two huge weaknesses of the XP system (the good just keep getting better while the poor languish and never improve and not enough stats for offensive linemen to progress them as individuals rather than creating 5 or 6 super-lines across the league and the rest stuck with scrubs) are going to remain.
Yeah I'm afraid it will continue the trend of if you have a good rushing attack you'll get seven o-linemen in the pro bowl and they'll all get XP bonuses for that
reyes the roof is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #143
All Star
 
callmetaternuts's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St Pete (ish) Florida
Blog Entries: 10
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Anyone know what the purple symbols are on Odell's and Dak's player profiles?
__________________
Check out my Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM Thread.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
callmetaternuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #144
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Yeah I'm afraid it will continue the trend of if you have a good rushing attack you'll get seven o-linemen in the pro bowl and they'll all get XP bonuses for that

XP/Skill Points, based on game/season/drill goals, is the absolute death for realistic progression. It also makes balancing progression so much more difficult than a potential system based on realistic variables.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Top -