Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #153
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want to point something out that's flying under the radar here.

3D UI probably took 3/4ths of the franchise total resources. That is a massive undertaking and just to get in the office/locker room background and the draft stage is really impressive in one cycle. It's something that's not really gonna pay off this season, but when you consider all the feature work that got done IN ADDITION to this, the franchise investment was a LOT bigger than it looks like.
I see a lot of potential with this, especially from a presentation standpoint.

I really hope they plan to build on this feature in future Maddens.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #154
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want to point something out that's flying under the radar here.

3D UI probably took 3/4ths of the franchise total resources. That is a massive undertaking and just to get in the office/locker room background and the draft stage is really impressive in one cycle. It's something that's not really gonna pay off this season, but when you consider all the feature work that got done IN ADDITION to this, the franchise investment was a LOT bigger than it looks like.
Not sure that i am following this. Do you have a video or picture?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #155
Pro

Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
We all had a pretty good idea we'd finally get custom draft classes, but it really is going to be a ton of fun. Among other things, it's going to be great to create some interesting physical outliers who are projects. I feel that type of prospect isn't well represented in randomized classes.
What's a real-life example(s)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #156
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
What's a real-life example(s)?
with the EA generated draft classes each position group had a maximum that each rookie could have for every rating. I think for QB speed it was 90 or so. This made it impossible to ever have a Michael Vick type player (95+ Speed agility acceleration QB) in the draft, for example.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #157
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Loving the progression change. I was so frustrated with the cheesing in the current system. I don't mind losing to someone beating me out in a chess match, but when there was little purpose to having guys fit my scheme, and the guy in our Chise cheesing progression ending up with an all all-star team has been driving me nuts.

This system seems to reward actual long term thinking and playing a realistic game. I also like the fact that it takes the guesswork out of the system a bit, despite it taking some of the choices out of players hands.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:20 PM   #158
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm still not impressed. Might be waiting another year for Madden.

Draft Classes will be nice, but otherwise comparing to NBA 2K, I feel this is so plain.

I was hoping for more of a Rebuilt Franchise mode with customization, as well as news of my players and league.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #159
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Loving the progression change. I was so frustrated with the cheesing in the current system. I don't mind losing to someone beating me out in a chess match, but when there was little purpose to having guys fit my scheme, and the guy in our Chise cheesing progression ending up with an all all-star team has been driving me nuts.

This system seems to reward actual long term thinking and playing a realistic game. I also like the fact that it takes the guesswork out of the system a bit, despite it taking some of the choices out of players hands.
You can still cheese for XP in general though. Progression being determined on the field + focus in practice is just immersion breaking and unrealistic. The bandaid they put on was nice and a good step but the system itself is fundamentally flawed.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 06-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #160
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
XP/Skill Points, based on game/season/drill goals, is the absolute death for realistic progression. It also makes balancing progression so much more difficult than a potential system based on realistic variables.

Acknowledging that random is preferable for some.

How are we defining realistic progression

And what are realistic variables.

Is snaps in practice is not a loose equivalent to “practice” in a game plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »