Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #161
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Acknowledging that random is preferable for some.

How are we defining realistic progression

And what are realistic variables.

Is snaps in practice is not a loose equivalent to “practice” in a game plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying this is the best way to go about it, but if you want to be statistical about it and more realistic than we have now, then you would simply gather data from the past 10-15 years+ and track each players school, measurables, draft position, and career stats. See the correlation between them and create probability based progression and regression that is behind the scenes.

The data is all out there, gathering it won't be a huge issue, neither would plotting it. It is the number of players that would be the biggest time consumer, but getting the data and plotting it to find the probabilities needed would not be very complex and it would be more accurate than anything we've seen in the franchise yet.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #162
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want to point something out that's flying under the radar here.

3D UI probably took 3/4ths of the franchise total resources. That is a massive undertaking and just to get in the office/locker room background and the draft stage is really impressive in one cycle. It's something that's not really gonna pay off this season, but when you consider all the feature work that got done IN ADDITION to this, the franchise investment was a LOT bigger than it looks like.
I'm hoping that you're wrong. For me personally, it adds virtually nothing of value. I just do not care. There are countless other things that I would have preferred that they spent time on.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #163
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Love your wording in your questions, steers me away from nagging lol.

I'll try to be concise.

First we can all agree production follows progression and not the other way around, right? This is the fundamental flaw of XP.

The problem with practice drills and dev traits are they are too binary. I bet the Raiders coaches tried their *** off on focusing on Jamarcus in practice but he didn't "gain any XP" anyway. The problem in Madden is you know OK I click this button for 1500 XP for this guy or 3000 XP for this guy. No challenge or complexity.

I feel like the point of franchise is to 1) have your games string together and mean something and 2) build a team. Team building with XP and dev traits is just not challenging or complex at all.

I appreciate the step they took to bandaid the issue and I think people who can stomach XP will really enjoy it, but it's not enough for me.

Weighted potentials modeling progression from real life data would be probably an effective and easier way to go about things, and then allow the user to effect these percentages by hiring certain coaches with different specialties and holding camp and blah blah blah I've already laid that part out in my post.

But I fear the longer we build on XP as the base we are just wasting time or getting to the point of no return.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 06-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #164
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I'm hoping that you're wrong. For me personally, it adds virtually nothing of value. I just do not care. There are countless other things that I would have preferred that they spent time on.
Most people would disagree. But he is right, that probably took a lot of dev time to install. Thy will keep building on it and it will create a lot more immersion. Seeing screenshots of league games will be great.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #165
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Most people would disagree. But he is right, that probably took a lot of dev time to install. Thy will keep building on it and it will create a lot more immersion. Seeing screenshots of league games will be great.
Its nice, sure. But its like putting a coat of paint on a house that's half empty, when it already looked ok on the outside to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 1

Once again, really hoping for faster menus. The menu system as it is now discourages me from exploring the league. It is sluggish and/or I am not patient enough :-)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 28

I asked this in the interview thread and it got completely glossed over so maybe someone here can answer this.

With respect to the new scheme changes in Madden 19, what prevents players in an online league (or offline for that matter) from changing their scheme each week to maximize bonuses for multiple players throughout the course of a season? Shouldn't there be an option available for both single players and league commissioners to lock schemes for the course of a season? Or maybe an option to lock them for the entire season, half the season or a quarter of the season at a time?
Old 06-12-2018, 03:10 AM   #168
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

A potential max to limit players progression. We all have potential limits.

A coaching staff with training attributes (for different aspects of football).
A training schedule (team and individual)
A work ethic modifier
Mentors in a players position
Injuries or lack of.
All kinds of things can be part of this. Add what you think would be valid.

I would also have both actual and perceived ratings (actual ratings would be hidden). With both coaches and scouting staffs having evaluation ratings. The longer a player is on your team and the better the evaluation ratings the more accurate the perceived ratings would be to the actual ratings.

Do the same kind of thing for rookie drafting. The better your scouting staff the more accurate the perceived ratings are for evaluating draft prospects.

There are all kinds of things one could do to make CFM be more realistic.

Last edited by bucky60; 06-12-2018 at 03:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »