Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes, More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ok so I'll say I like all the things they are doing. Genuine interest inhow it will all work.*
But us hardcore franchisegamerss g
Old 06-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #178
Rookie

Ok so I'll say I like all the things they are doing. Genuine interest inhow it will all work.*
But us hardcore franchisegamerss g
Old 06-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #179
Rookie

Sorry us hardcore gamers need to admit something to ourselves our relationship with madden is toxic. We keep yelling at it and asking it to change. It will say it can and will try..but it shows us year after year what they are. And that's not a bad thing..but it's more of a arcade and esports game..that's were their interest are. Sure they recognize as a community us hardcore franchise guys want more...but just like my toxic relationship reference they cant really change no matter how hard they want to. I believe this is why rex d. Left he likes the hardcore chise, and wanted to better it for the community I dont think he liked the direction madden was going.
Which is fine... I am just tired of this community getting so mad at what madden isn't doing... there probably never going to make madden into head coach. Or have the depth of it i mean so let's get over it and maybe pour money into a developer who will. Unless we do that just stop complaining and accept madden for what it is a fun football gamewith a ifranchise mode that *could be better.

i

t
Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #180
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Retweet.

The game is very surface level & soft, it fails to truly represent the nature and business that is the NFL. After running two 10+ year CFM's, it became so stale and boring because the vast majority of the game is just rinse and repeat.

I consistently watched things happen that were so far off from real life that it made it infuriating to play. Players who have been loyal to their franchises (Drew Brees, Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Von Miller, etc), pack up and leave for some ridiculous 1 year deal with the Jets/Ravens/Dolphins. I would see teams sign or draft completely off their needs during the offseason, including drafting THREE QB's in one season. Players with season ending injuries would have absolutely zero ramifications, especially when they would tear an ACL as a HB or break their ARM as a QB. One of the worst parts about it is that every team felt the same to play against, there wasn't a difference in competition, only the names on the screen.

Every single year feels disconnected from the last and completely separate from the future. I don't understand how they cannot create a game that is fluid and builds off itself...it's 20 freaking 18.

Dude, I play with the falcons exclusively every year. In M18 this past year in franchise, I tried signing Ryan during the season a few times and think I was offering him appropriate money and contract length. He absolutely refused all attempts! Lol. I couldn’t believe it. He won 2 SBs for me at that point. I couldn’t believe it. I actually had to sort of scramble and draft a QB in the next draft. I hadn’t planned on that at all. I couldn’t believe he dipped out. He went to KC, and I beat him in the next SB with my rookie qb, or maybe I had a 1 year above avg guy I had picked up for a roster spot the previous year. So, actually, I think I was lucky to have picked a decent guy the year before in the 2nd or 3rd round. I then saw Ryan on the ravens as well.

And yeah, it just killed me. I truly don’t expect to see Ryan ever play for anyone else. He’s a stand up guy. He’s tried to win here in atl. I think he really just wouldn’t want the change. That being said, maybe if he’s still playing at 38-40, maybe the falcons would draft his replacement and whatnot. But, it was still shocking he left my franchise when he did. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #181
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

I think there should definitely be some loyalty rating that means something, especially at the QB position. Usually if an NFL franchise has a QB that they view as their franchise guy, they don't go drafting another QB in the first round and will do *almost* anything to keep them in town. A situation like the one described above with Matt Ryan almost would never happen, especially at his advanced age, if his current team is winning titles and willing to compensate him accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #182
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
Sorry us hardcore gamers need to admit something to ourselves our relationship with madden is toxic. We keep yelling at it and asking it to change. It will say it can and will try..but it shows us year after year what they are. And that's not a bad thing..but it's more of a arcade and esports game..that's were their interest are. Sure they recognize as a community us hardcore franchise guys want more...but just like my toxic relationship reference they cant really change no matter how hard they want to. I believe this is why rex d. Left he likes the hardcore chise, and wanted to better it for the community I dont think he liked the direction madden was going.
Which is fine... I am just tired of this community getting so mad at what madden isn't doing... there probably never going to make madden into head coach. Or have the depth of it i mean so let's get over it and maybe pour money into a developer who will. Unless we do that just stop complaining and accept madden for what it is a fun football gamewith a ifranchise mode that *could be better.

i

t
Madden is the only option. The alternative is to give up and never play a NFL football game, or keep complaining. Therefore, I'll complain until something changes.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #183
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Dude, I play with the falcons exclusively every year. In M18 this past year in franchise, I tried signing Ryan during the season a few times and think I was offering him appropriate money and contract length. He absolutely refused all attempts! Lol. I couldn’t believe it. He won 2 SBs for me at that point. I couldn’t believe it. I actually had to sort of scramble and draft a QB in the next draft. I hadn’t planned on that at all. I couldn’t believe he dipped out. He went to KC, and I beat him in the next SB with my rookie qb, or maybe I had a 1 year above avg guy I had picked up for a roster spot the previous year. So, actually, I think I was lucky to have picked a decent guy the year before in the 2nd or 3rd round. I then saw Ryan on the ravens as well.

And yeah, it just killed me. I truly don’t expect to see Ryan ever play for anyone else. He’s a stand up guy. He’s tried to win here in atl. I think he really just wouldn’t want the change. That being said, maybe if he’s still playing at 38-40, maybe the falcons would draft his replacement and whatnot. But, it was still shocking he left my franchise when he did. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel like it wouldn't be THAT hard to layer in some pretty basic negotiation design into the design they already have in place:

- Display what the player is asking for. This is a higher # than the lowest they'll accept (which is of course never shown). If you offer what they are asking for, they accept 100% of the time. How much higher their asking price is above their lowest acceptable offer is would depend on a fairly basic calculation, including # of years tenured with team, the predictable trait that is already in the game, perhaps a positional modifier (e.g. franchise QBs typically don't walk).

- Display a general 'avg salary' of players at the same position near their OVR. This is probably a low #, because salaries increase over time. But is a starting point for the team to benchmark against & determine if the player is asking for a pie-in-the-sky contract. AND this is used for "lowball" refusal logic, e.g. if a player is asking for $20M/yr and the avg salary for an elite player is $15M... the team comes in offering $8M, that can piss off the player and he has a chance to shut down negotiations. The team comes in offering $15M and he says no but the conversation continues. Perhaps the next week you could even have the player lower his asking price... or not, depending.

- And that's all you'd need. Some basic logic around showing what the player wants, a hidden value of what he'd accept, and some kind of benchmark for what the avg salary of similar players are to prevent well-intentioned GMs from accidentally lowballing & pissing off a guy because they truly don't know what qualifies as a lowball offer.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 06-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #184
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I think there should definitely be some loyalty rating that means something, especially at the QB position. Usually if an NFL franchise has a QB that they view as their franchise guy, they don't go drafting another QB in the first round and will do *almost* anything to keep them in town. A situation like the one described above with Matt Ryan almost would never happen, especially at his advanced age, if his current team is winning titles and willing to compensate him accordingly.
Except it does happen in real life .. I offer you Montana, manning , favre etc as team icons who ended their careers elsewhere

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »