Home

Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Blog

Here's another one https://www.usgamer.net/articles/mad...play-interview

And before anyone flips out about the man coverage we need to get clarification on whether he means in comparison to previous madden's or whether he means in relation to where it was in the development cycle.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think the OL/DL got much love, but RPM is good for all 22.
These are just renamed, but some of us have always felt that although they were said to removed and not used anymore, still had some type of impact on gameplay.
- hopefully some more info drop about their functionality

This is huge because OL/DL interactions can be cleaned up a lot more with certain player rating combinations/levels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7AC2DF56-6FBB-4A33-B503-F86E64E44D61.jpg (127.4 KB, 274 views)
Old 06-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Here's another one https://www.usgamer.net/articles/mad...play-interview

And before anyone flips out about the man coverage we need to get clarification on whether he means in comparison to previous madden's or whether he means in relation to where it was in the development cycle.
Good to see you LBz.

Initial thoughts on the reveals?

Last edited by roadman; 06-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
These are just renamed, but some of us have always felt that although they were said to removed and not used anymore, still had some type of impact on gameplay.
- hopefully some more info drop about their functionality

This is huge because OL/DL interactions can be cleaned up a lot more with certain player rating combinations/levels
I was going more or less off a game play reveal from Clint in the article that LBz just linked, but I see your point.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #21
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
QB Signatures

We studied hours of film and watched QBs across the league to identify what makes each QB unique in his behaviors and mannerisms before the snap and have begun to reflect that in Madden. Green Bay Packersí QB Aaron Rodgers adjusts his thigh pad all the time. Kansas City Chiefsí QB Patrick Mahomes is very deliberate when making pre-snap adjustments. All of these behaviors will be reflected in Madden 19 on multiple levels, including Contextual (fidgets), Functional (pre-snap adjustments), and Audio (all supported QBís will have contextually correct on-field wires associated with each signature animation). We are launching with a handful of NFL QBs fully supported and will continue to update more via post-launch updates.
So imma hear Goff say ďRic flair, TuPac, ObamaĒ pre snap???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
Good stuff in there. Excited for the Big Nickel package. 4-2-5 with 3 safeties has become very common in the NFL and isnít exactly easy to replicate in the game.
I just never see the point of having 3 safeties on the field in madden when you could toss a 3rd or 4th CB out their instead who has superior coverage to what a backup safety would have and in most cases speed. So I just hope that there is a benefit in Madden to having a 3rd safety on the field over a 3rd or 4th string CB. And if they have that formation it would defeat the purpose if they had a "4 CB" package or let you sub a cb in for a safety, so I hope they don't allow you to sub the 3rd safety for a cb.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #23
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I just never see the point of having 3 safeties on the field in madden when you could toss a 3rd or 4th CB out their instead who has superior coverage to what a backup safety would have and in most cases speed. So I just hope that there is a benefit in Madden to having a 3rd safety on the field over a 3rd or 4th string CB. And if they have that formation it would defeat the purpose if they had a "4 CB" package or let you sub a cb in for a safety, so I hope they dont.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Well I donít think itís for competitive advantage but rather for realism seeing as though itís a common set run in NFL. The 3rd safety plays more of a Rover position which is a hybrid between linebacker and safety and nickel. The Saints ran with it a majority of last year having Bell, Williams, and Vaccaro. If youíre deep in a franchise and have 3 great safeties you want to get in the field without just making the 3rd safety a typical nickel it sounds like itíd be cool to use that package.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 30

LOVED what I read in the gameplay blog and what I seen in the trailer before hand, altho it looked like old school CGI, it said it was in-game engine footage....but we know EA's history of bs. Lol. I don't think they're effin around this time. RPM looked LEGIT, and not like the typical Madden stiff animations, and seemed to highlight a jersey grab. This may be the 1st time in ages that Madden actually keeps me engaged beyond the 1st week of release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »