Home

Madden 19 Gameplay Details - One Cut, Push the Pile, RPO, New Kickoff Rules & More

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Gameplay Details - One Cut, Push the Pile, RPO, New Kickoff Rules & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2018, 01:56 AM   #17
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Gameplay Details - One Cut, Push the Pile, RPO, New Kickoff Rules & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm hoping that RPM tightens up man coverage as is the reason it might need to be nerfed because it's been pretty awful for the last several years and one of the main reasons has been player movement. Stuff like this:

and then other things like that speed burst receivers will get while cutting that creates tons of separation. Man coverage is one of those things that needs to be tight because it allows more of those WR/DB interactions and in a lot of cases even the worst corners aren't consistently getting beat by 5+ yards let alone the good ones.
The leaked footage thread showed better coverage, though I believe it was all zone. Still the defender cuts looked smooth, rather than stop and go.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 19 Gameplay Details - One Cut, Push the Pile, RPO, New Kickoff Rules & Mor

Quote:
I'm hoping that RPM tightens up man coverage as is the reason it might need to be nerfed because it's been pretty awful for the last several years and one of the main reasons has been player movement. Stuff like this:

and then other things like that speed burst receivers will get while cutting that creates tons of separation. Man coverage is one of those things that needs to be tight because it allows more of those WR/DB interactions and in a lot of cases even the worst corners aren't consistently getting beat by 5+ yards let alone the good ones.
Hit it on the head right here and a perfect clip showcasing how awful itís been in the past years. Hopefully the player movement for all 22 fix it.

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
I'm hoping that RPM tightens up man coverage as is the reason it might need to be nerfed because it's been pretty awful for the last several years and one of the main reasons has been player movement and then other things like that speed burst receivers will get while cutting that creates tons of separation.

Man coverage is one of those things that needs to be tight because it allows more of those WR/DB interactions and in a lot of cases even the worst corners aren't consistently getting beat by 5+ yards let alone the good ones.
In my humble opinion Deuce, you picked out the most important impact that RPM could have on gameplay. Although man coverage is a bit of a dice roll, what I have experienced pertaining to Madden 17 is that if I play underneath leverage in man under and then press, my defenders will do a better job of staying with the receivers on most routes. Of course, do this in Cover 1 and it's a free 9 route to the endzone....

It would seem logical that if RPM is properly implemented, player footwork rating should have a huge impact on how well he performs. Also, with all the talk about locomotion and momentum calculations being more realistic, I think it's time to lose the tackle battle, unless they want to keep it for arcade mode.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #20
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

If this is working good we should have a much improved run game.

I will say that having Fournette did not look anything close to what we see in real life in Madden 18. He ran just like everyone else, and he's a back that even if he's hit in the backfield, he's going to get at least back to the LOS.

It was so aggravating seeing him get wrapped up instantly by CB's and not being able to do what we love to see him do, truck them out the way, on the way to a big gain.

Also, I hope they put this in the game.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/917109199234060288
Old 06-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #21
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
If this is working good we should have a much improved run game.

I will say that having Fournette did not look anything close to what we see in real life in Madden 18. He ran just like everyone else, and he's a back that even if he's hit in the backfield, he's going to get at least back to the LOS.

It was so aggravating seeing him get wrapped up instantly by CB's and not being able to do what we love to see him do, truck them out the way, on the way to a big gain.

Also, I hope they put this in the game.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/917109199234060288

I know football is an intense game and anytime u make a big hit, u want to celebrate, but I hate players that celebrate big hits on D after giving up 10-15 yard gains. Lol. Thereís really nothing to celebrate there. U just got hosed for 15 yards. Lineup and DO BETTER next down. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm hoping that RPM tightens up man coverage as is the reason it might need to be nerfed because it's been pretty awful for the last several years and one of the main reasons has been player movement. Stuff like this and then other things like that speed burst receivers will get while cutting that creates tons of separation. Man coverage is one of those things that needs to be tight because it allows more of those WR/DB interactions and in a lot of cases even the worst corners aren't consistently getting beat by 5+ yards let alone the good ones.
Nail hit on head here...

Coverage on M18 isn't horrible with a couple of gameplay setting tweaks...when it is straightline coverage. But when you get into routes where there is a sharp cut or change-of-direction, the animation issues become a major issue. If RPM cleans-up the "transition animations" for DBs in coverage, this becomes a massive gameplay upgrade.

Let's say that this indeed happens and we all rejoice. BUT...BUT...how are CPU QBs going to handle this? Traditionally, the CPU QB AI is a tricky proposition; they rarely (if ever) will attempt throws into even tight-ish coverage. In real life, a receiver with a step on a DB is "open". If the CPU QB sees this, they will, more often than not, read that as "covered" and go to a secondary receiver...you start getting the feeling of "Robo QB" where they do nothing but attempt "safe throws".

This is a very fine, very delicate balancing act.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #23
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Nail hit on head here...

Coverage on M18 isn't horrible with a couple of gameplay setting tweaks...when it is straightline coverage. But when you get into routes where there is a sharp cut or change-of-direction, the animation issues become a major issue. If RPM cleans-up the "transition animations" for DBs in coverage, this becomes a massive gameplay upgrade.

Let's say that this indeed happens and we all rejoice. BUT...BUT...how are CPU QBs going to handle this? Traditionally, the CPU QB AI is a tricky proposition; they rarely (if ever) will attempt throws into even tight-ish coverage. In real life, a receiver with a step on a DB is "open". If the CPU QB sees this, they will, more often than not, read that as "covered" and go to a secondary receiver...you start getting the feeling of "Robo QB" where they do nothing but attempt "safe throws".

This is a very fine, very delicate balancing act.
Sliders and user manipulated settings are something that still plagues madden. For the offline user (me), we cant efffectively use the sliders to fix gameplay issues because there a mess.

In my opinion the two things that seperate madden and nba 2k gameplaywise are animations and a multitude of effective sliders. If madden could nail these down there wouldnt be much of a difference between the two titles (again, gameplay wise).
Old 06-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #24
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I know football is an intense game and anytime u make a big hit, u want to celebrate, but I hate players that celebrate big hits on D after giving up 10-15 yard gains. Lol. Thereís really nothing to celebrate there. U just got hosed for 15 yards. Lineup and DO BETTER next down. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, my favorite...Mike Mitchell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »