Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #121
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
With all due respect, I canít tell if this is sarcasm or sincerity. These animations make me cringe and put my phone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope youíre kidding, those QB animations are so much better than anything in Madden. Look at Marino pat the ball before he throws it, not to mention itís a pretty convincing re-creation of his lightning fast release. The throwing motions on the run and while backing up are perfect as well. I would do backflips if these animations found a way into Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Clint said EA play build is 3 weeks old and a lot has changed in that 3 weeks. He also said they have 2-3 weeks left til gold. Personally I think them showing footage and having it critiqued is good for EA and the game as they can get feedback and possibly fix prior to release. I never understood the no footage except being scared some people jump ship off bad user play, cell phone footage, etc. The more people seeing it or playing it can give constructive criticism and feedback they otherwise wouldnít have had which benefits everyone imo...
Same feeling here. I never understood not showing any in-game footage till release. Getting feedback from your community is what shapes your product and creates an increasing demand for that product. I would imagine that with no foreseeable competition in this market; EA figures what are you going to do otherwise.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #123
Rookie

In vacuum madden animations are not that terrible itís more so the transitions to each connecting animation.
They tend to be over exaggerated, they are either to quick and fast or slow and drawn out.
Lastly the biggest one for me is feel of them in user hands, they have no weight or momentum, they just feel off, and we wonít be able to till if this is fixed or improved in Madden 19 till we have the controller in are hands.
This is why APF animations are better, not so much that they tend to look better, but they feel better when the user is controlling the player. This is what I am hoping for in Madden 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-11-2018, 02:48 AM   #124
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Define ďbetter looking.Ē It had more stuff, but graphically it pales in comparison. And THAT is the hurdle for consoles. The relationship between change in graphical quality and resources required to achieve that change is NOT linear. Itís hyperbolic. Like the energy equation in special relativity: the faster you are going, the greater energy that is required to up your speed by one unit. Same thing going on with graphical improvement in video games.

APF might have more going on on the sidelines, but it still looks horrid (for the time it was great, donít get me wrong).

True, perhaps a better team could better maximize resource use, but youíre still going to bbe limited on consoles.

And btw, other sports that donít have twenty-two fully rendered characters plus refs on the screen at the same time donít count. It doesnít take nearly the same amount of resources for ten as twenty two.
the direct comparison there is with FIFA. 22 players. Three officials. Subs warming up on the sidelines. Crowd that animates and rushes towards players after a goal. In comparison to FIFA, Madden doesnít stack up.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:49 AM   #125
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOeFlMjH04

This looks much better than original leaked footage. Player builds look more realistic (different variations of body types) and not too bulky (NFL Blitz)... Was worried when saw original footage but hard to tell with bootleg cell phone quality.
I saw 2 things I really liked in this footage;

1. The get off from the edge guys looks a lot faster, like they're hitting 9 yards at the same time as the QB like they should.

2. Edge run defenders showing discipline. Run fit logic in general looks a lot better.

One thing I didn't like- o line been skipping leg day.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

ďThe only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.Ē
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:53 AM   #126
Rookie

Well, I never played APF but when I saw that QB throw giff, immediately I was wowed and can tell just by the look of it how it feels. Ea's problem animation wise is (and has been for a while) most are exaggerated and over the top.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 AM   #127
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
the direct comparison there is with FIFA. 22 players. Three officials. Subs warming up on the sidelines. Crowd that animates and rushes towards players after a goal. In comparison to FIFA, Madden doesn’t stack up.
FIFA doesn’t have to deal with things like helmets dynamically reflecting light and so on, among other things. Nor does it have to deal with ALL the player models on the screen simultaneously, unless you’re going to claim that in soccer every player including goalies runs the entire length of the pitch.

Not to mention the wide camera angle, allowing for use of visual tricks that drop resource requirement for graphical fidelity.

That isn’t to say that the FIFA team isn’t better. But I guarantee their product isn’t as much of a resource hog as Madden’s when it comes to on screen rendering.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-11-2018 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:14 AM   #128
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

They really need to fix the momentum. A couple weeks ago I had a game where the WR was on a break away straight to the EZ with two defenders close behind. When he reached around 2 yard line, one of the defenders pulled him straight down from behind causing him to come up short of a TD smh. I think I have a video of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »