Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:39 AM   #129
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
FIFA doesn’t have to deal with things like helmets dynamically reflecting light and so on, among other things. Nor does it have to deal with ALL the player models on the screen simultaneously, unless you’re going to claim that in soccer every player including goalies runs the entire length of the pitch.

Not to mention the wide camera angle, allowing for use of visual tricks that drop resource requirement for graphical fidelity.

That isn’t to say that the FIFA team isn’t better. But I guarantee their product isn’t as much of a resource hog as Madden’s when it comes to on screen rendering.
To your 2nd notation, this is the very reason I want that same wide camera angle.
A lot of hiccups can be hidden.

Play FIFA from the same vertical angle Madden uses and you’ll immediately notice a lot of the same issues Madden struggles with also.

For Madden I really believe it’s a case of locking the gamer in an angle that allows us to see too much.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:57 AM   #130
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
Let's hope this isn't the final version and they're still tweaking the shoulder pads/player builds. Based off the cell footage i much prefer last year's models... Can't stand when everyone is built like an Olympian. Takes away from realism.

I can't imagine they would attempt something like that 2 months before the release date. Essentially what you saw on these clips (such as they are) is what we'll get in August. They may find some bugs or exploits for a day 1 patch but this is the final build.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #131
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
With all due respect, I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or sincerity. These animations make me cringe and put my phone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all entitled to our opinions but from my opinion these 2k animations actually replicate a full throwing motion . From gather steps, transitioning into proper torque and full arm motion.

In madden the ball shoots out like a bullet would. the arm motion and hand placements far often do not match up with the style and direction of the pass thrown on madden.

For instance on short passes or dink n dunk check downs a player has very minimal variance in comparison to throwing a post 35 yards on the rope.

2ks animations win

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #132
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
I can't imagine they would attempt something like that 2 months before the release date. Essentially what you saw on these clips (such as they are) is what we'll get in August. They may find some bugs or exploits for a day 1 patch but this is the final build.
Acoording to Clint, this isn't the final build at all.

The build at EA Play was 3 weeks old and they already have tweaked some stuff. They have another 3 weeks before it goes to beta.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Acoording to Clint, this isn't the final build at all.

The build at EA Play was 3 weeks old and they already have tweaked some stuff. They have another 3 weeks before it goes to beta.
This, with EA Play they get it to a stable build that is playable but never the final build.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #134
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
This, with EA Play they get it to a stable build that is playable but never the final build.
I can’t see the awkward animations / bent knee look getting fixed just by fine tuning though, which is the problem. Still very excited regardless, was just expecting more from the redone movement
Old 06-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43
I can’t see the awkward animations / bent knee look getting fixed just by fine tuning though, which is the problem. Still very excited regardless, was just expecting more from the redone movement
I think that is beyond the movement system and in the modeling side more so. Everyone who has touched the game will tell you the movement makes a huge difference in the actual on field play. First year in with the system, I think the animations and modeling will come around to fit the new system in time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #136
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I think that is beyond the movement system and in the modeling side more so. Everyone who has touched the game will tell you the movement makes a huge difference in the actual on field play. First year in with the system, I think the animations and modeling will come around to fit the new system in time.
In addition, I don't see much bended knee in FIFA video game play, but I know I am clinging to slim hope that since FIFA doesn't appear to have it, Madden won't either.

Time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »