Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #153
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
It's always funny watching consumers coping pleas for devs. talking about "final build" as if this Tiburon haven't been making this game for over 25 years. You can't make this stuff up. I will again pick this game up for $12 dollars and play for 12 minutes.
You kept it real on that one......It's amazing year after year people are begging a Billion dollar company to make the game simulate the real one.........
Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #154
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I could pull up 100 posts from last year of people complaining players were too skinny. This place is impossible sometimes.
Goes back to Carlo's interview. No matter what, its never going to be enough.

Playing:
Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #155
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
You kept it real on that one......It's amazing year after year people are begging a Billion dollar company to make the game simulate the real one.........
I think the biggest issue with sports games is the fact they release annually. EA has the resources to do whatever they want but at the same time have the pressure of releasing the game year after year. How much can they really add in one year and still make sure it's playable and not riddles with bugs?

The issue is the business model... for gamers who want significant jumps in quality. But at the end of the day you either like madden or you don't. Which I see both sides to the argument.

I will say though, the amount of changes year to year, I feel madden is by far the most improved game the last few years. I personally believe the team has been making huge jumps yearly since madden 16. This year could be the biggest of all. But again, all comes down to preference. I think madden does a great job.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-12-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #156
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Goes back to Carlo's interview. No matter what, its never going to be enough.
You're grossly misunderstanding the gripes. Some folks will, in fact, complain just to complain. That part I agree with. However, those people are the minority. The majority of sane folks want what a few things and have a legitimate gripe. The gripe comes because they see other games that have accomplished the things they are asking for. They've gone far above what they are asking for. In other cases, like myself, I just want what I had over a decade ago. I've never been one to ask the Madden team to give me anything above and beyond what we had back then. That's not a lot to ask, considering it's 10+ years later. So when I was playing football games over a decade ago that have things like realistic injuries, a working challenge system, flags on the field, offsetting penalties, variable snaps, realistic ball physics, defensive line stunts/twists, signature moves/throwing styles, coverage shells, etc (just to name a few), and I still don't have those in the only NFL game that constantly throws authenticity marketing in my face every year, yeah, I'm going to bitch.

So take the hardcore franchise players - and there are a TON of them between all of the sports games. Look at what NBA 2k was able to do in essentially 2 dev cycles with their franchise mode and then look at what madden has done in 6. You need to laugh to keep from crying because you can't even talk about them in the same sentence. So while it may seem that the complaining folks are "never satisfied", those folks are simply clamoring for what some other sports games have been able to accomplish.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #157
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
You're grossly misunderstanding the gripes. Some folks will, in fact, complain just to complain. That part I agree with. However, those people are the minority. The majority of sane folks want what a few things and have a legitimate gripe. The gripe comes because they see other games that have accomplished the things they are asking for. They've gone far above what they are asking for. In other cases, like myself, I just want what I had over a decade ago. I've never been one to ask the Madden team to give me anything above and beyond what we had back then. That's not a lot to ask, considering it's 10+ years later. So when I was playing football games over a decade ago that have things like realistic injuries, a working challenge system, flags on the field, offsetting penalties, variable snaps, realistic ball physics, defensive line stunts/twists, signature moves/throwing styles, coverage shells, etc (just to name a few), and I still don't have those in the only NFL game that constantly throws authenticity marketing in my face every year, yeah, I'm going to bitch.

So take the hardcore franchise players - and there are a TON of them between all of the sports games. Look at what NBA 2k was able to do in essentially 2 dev cycles with their franchise mode and then look at what madden has done in 6. You need to laugh to keep from crying because you can't even talk about them in the same sentence. So while it may seem that the complaining folks are "never satisfied", those folks are simply clamoring for what some other sports games have been able to accomplish.
Thanks for your opinion. Not saying I dont agree with gripes. I just dont take them personally anymore & get upset.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-12-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
"For current players we tweak them to be accurate, I believe there are abilities for you to change to what you desire" What does Shooter mean by this, are there options for us the user to change the players body size or am I reading this incorrectly?
That's what i'm hoping also for existing roster and custom draft classes. That we can change their body size without changing their height/weight.

You can do this in Madden 18 for created players but couldn't do it for existing roster and drafted players...
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #159
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

The reality is tough for guys to (still) accept...

* You are never getting NFL 2K5 back

* You will never get a 2K-like game from EA

Once you accept that....the unrealistic expectations & disappointment will fade away....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #160
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
The reality is tough for guys to (still) accept...

* You are never getting NFL 2K5 back

* You will never get a 2K-like game from EA

Once you accept that....the unrealistic expectations & disappointment will fade away....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not unrealistic if it has been done before. Specially 10-15 years ago. Even things that have been done by EA before. Not just 2k.

I mean someone posted clips of rugby challenge and how it’s walking and kicking animations look much better than maddens.

Why does nba live have pretty cool halftime shows with ESPN overlays? Better character creator and all that stuff? It’s made by EA?

Why does FIFA look so much better in motion than madden (even tho it does still look EAish)

Madden is literally a decade behind other sports games in damn near everything besides graphics.

I wish they would have started from scratch like nba 2k14 did. Yeah it was bare bones for a year. But gameplay was great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »