Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #185
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

I just caught up ITT and it seems to me, some people conflate Madden discussion with lobbying for change when they shouldn't. Like I've stated repeatedly, I discuss Madden because it is for all intents and purposes, the licensed football genre and I like to state as many facts and fact based opinions as possible in any discussion, I don't expect that to impact the Madden product at all. That said, as a football gaming fan, any change in Madden to be football better is welcomed and always hoped for but again, my participation in the discussion isn't based on lobbying EA for that.

I'm still reserving any deep discussion about M19 until around 2 weeks after release, once the general public has had a chance to "break it" in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0

2K8 > 2K5.

I understand it lacked NFL likeness but football wise the game was superior to 2K5.

Ultimately I don’t understand why fans continue to use 2K5 as an example when, gameplay wise, it wasn’t the best they put out. EA still has not figured out how to differentiate player skill sets as effectively as that product did.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #187
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Note attachment. That is NFL 2k5, a game which I still own. I own two football games besides the current version of Madden. The other is NCAA 14.

So I want to get my cred here down solid. I revere the game enough that it remains on my shelf 13 years later.

But everybody here harkening back like it was some kinda gift from God.

It had some really pretty animations. That were 4 seconds long. That completely took the participants out of the play.

It had some tough coverage. That was utterly canned and knew what your route was before the snap.

It had stunts. That didn't work because again, it didn't really have AI so much as psychic powers that occasionally failed to simulate mistakes.

It had front loaded contracts... prior to the 2011 CBA which made front-loaded contracts legal. (the previous CBA required that salary increase or remain the same in each year of a contract, the only extent to which front loading was legal was in the signing bonus).

Yes, Madden has failed to reach the heights of 2k5's animations, and certainly presentation...

But c'mon, you'd take that over zone match, run fits, realistic run-blocking rules?

Madden went through a really bad phase from poor leadership from '07-'09, then it had a ton of catchup to play to get out from under the shadow of that phase. It took until probably Madden '12 to really dig out of that (and it didn't completely - hell, it still hasn't completely). I get why 2k5 is loved, I'm one of those who love it, but this idea that it was this flawless thing that EA should emulate?

No, Madden today HAS advanced beyond that. I get the visual love, 2k5 had some ****ing amazing animations and presentation, and no Madden hasn't matched that, but it's surpassed anything 2k5 would have dreamed of in a lot of ways... and not in 13 years, that's not fair. You can't blame Clint for David Ortiz. Especially when you consider 2k5 is 2.5 generations ago and tech implementation and art is far more complex today.

Again, I loved 2k5, but man, it's time to let it go. It wasn't as perfect as we act. It was genre defining in two areas (well, 3, commentary, but Madden's definitely catching up there). Other than that, it was just as flawed as Madden, just in different ways that were more easily covered up by visuals.

So unless you want to go back to long, unbreakable animations that completely lock out control, accept that Madden's gonna be a little bit more jerky just because that's the price of control in some cases.
I personally don't think 2k5 was perfect, and I don't think many other people do from the posts I read that bring up the game. People bring up the positives we would like to see when discussing Madden because, why would you bring up the negatives? We don't want those in Madden, lol, Madden has plenty of its own issues.

Personally I would just like a better balance with Madden's animations in control, because there are plenty of times, I don't have control and the game is ugly. I'd rather atleast have it look realistic if I'm going to lose control. There is no excuse for some of the UGLY stuff that is still in Madden to this day. That's my issue. No 2k5 or 2k8 weren't perfect by any means, but they had things in Madden we'd like to see by now, that's all.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #188
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
2K8 > 2K5.

I understand it lacked NFL likeness but football wise the game was superior to 2K5.

Ultimately I don’t understand why fans continue to use 2K5 as an example when, gameplay wise, it wasn’t the best they put out. EA still has not figured out how to differentiate player skill sets as effectively as that product did.
Agreed...well stated
Old 06-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 0
Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

If talking about gameplay APF made 2k5 irrelevant, certainly madden is better then 2k5 it has been for some time, but hasn’t surpass APF 2k8, Madden probably does have better zone and blocking rules, but all that is mute because player interactions are so poor, and in football interactions and physicality matter a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by ASZEMPLE; 06-13-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #190
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I hated 2k8. It was like 3 or 4 All Pros per team with a bunch of college walk ons. Really poorly balaced. Also no career/franchise mode. That's a deal breaker.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #191
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Also, to this day, I can't stand Tom Sawyer.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #192
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
If talking about gameplay APF made 2k5 irrelevant, certainly madden is better then 2k5 it has been for some time, but hasn’t surpass APF 2k8, Madden probably does have better zone and blocking rules, but all that is mute because player interactions are so poor, and in football interactions and physically matter a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

True, but Adembroski noted something that folks “always” bypass, or just don’t understand.

Both 2k5 & 2k8 used “a lot” of tricks to cover/hide issues the game suffered from.
- long unbreakable canned interaction cycle + clean mesh pt with next long unbreakable canned interaction cycle to give perception of fluid animation run through.

**there was reason Player Ratings Editing was not allowed in those games, because the 2k Editing Mod revealed the unraveled mess when gamers were able to tweak variables/ratings away from 2k’s levels.

Every player, no matter their front end Gold/Silver/Bronze defferentiation desigantion, used the same canned animations.
- User control to break out/into other animations was not in those games
- User was at the mercy of the animation cycle already pre-determined by the die-roll (ouch!!!)

The die-roll use that EA gets beat down for in their football game today, was used just as much, if not more, used to add variation to those long unbreakable canned interactions.

Yes there are moments where those long canned animations look nice and smooth and even fun, but the missing User control greatly missing in those games, for me quickly amounts to playing a version of Longshot with everything so scripted and pre-determined.

Presentation and atmosphere I will give to the older 2k games, but no way dealing with gameplay.
- I’ve been spoiled and simply can’t go back to “less” User control
- tried it several times, but just can’t get past those games hidden issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »