Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I hated 2k8. It was like 3 or 4 All Pros per team with a bunch of college walk ons. Really poorly balaced. Also no career/franchise mode. That's a deal breaker.
2 superstars, 3 all pros, 7 role players, 11 JAGs (just another guy). What made All Pro different was the fact that it was exceptionally balanced. Everyone was playing with the same level of talent. Someone couldn’t just buy every good player in the game, or use the highest ovr team in a play now scenario.

I’ve been on boards with you since Maddenlist/VSN. I know you have a lot of skin in the game, so to speak, and respect your opinion. I cry and whine enough about 2K’s old football games so I’m not going to draw that out.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #194
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Is there something different or unique about the scoreboards that broadcast networks use that keeps this perception going?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I can only speak for my experience with MLB The Show, which has three different presentation packages including one that is authentic for MLB Network. The difference this makes in a 162 games season is tremendous. Every series feels different and unique.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #195
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

The thing I could never get past in 2K5 was that you couldn't throw a legit bomb. I don't think I ever threw the ball in the air for more than 30 yards. Those beautiful high-arcing bombs weren't doable as far as I know.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #196
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I gave you a couple examples from other EA games tho.

#CanYouRead?

Hell like I said before. There are things, simple things that were in ps2 maddens that people are still asking for. More examples. Try to actually read them. Hiring and firing assistant coaches. Mini camps. And players practicing with practice jerseys.

Those are some examples of little things that by themselves wouldn’t make madden great. In fact if those changes were touted as big improvemts we’d probably give them crap about it. But it’s when they all come together that’s when they really start shinning.
The reason why I think it's harder for them to add things to the current franchise mode where in the past adding stuff from year to year was easier is because this is a franchise mode fundamentally built for online gameplay (hence the 'Connected' in the name) as opposed to a single player offline experience. For whatever reason it seems like they struggle to add more stuff because they have to think around how that will work out in an online sphere as opposed to the simpler offline experience.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #197
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Note attachment. That is NFL 2k5, a game which I still own. I own two football games besides the current version of Madden. The other is NCAA 14.

So I want to get my cred here down solid. I revere the game enough that it remains on my shelf 13 years later.

But everybody here harkening back like it was some kinda gift from God.

It had some really pretty animations. That were 4 seconds long. That completely took the participants out of the play.

It had some tough coverage. That was utterly canned and knew what your route was before the snap.

It had stunts. That didn't work because again, it didn't really have AI so much as psychic powers that occasionally failed to simulate mistakes.

It had front loaded contracts... prior to the 2011 CBA which made front-loaded contracts legal. (the previous CBA required that salary increase or remain the same in each year of a contract, the only extent to which front loading was legal was in the signing bonus).

Yes, Madden has failed to reach the heights of 2k5's animations, and certainly presentation...

But c'mon, you'd take that over zone match, run fits, realistic run-blocking rules?

Madden went through a really bad phase from poor leadership from '07-'09, then it had a ton of catchup to play to get out from under the shadow of that phase. It took until probably Madden '12 to really dig out of that (and it didn't completely - hell, it still hasn't completely). I get why 2k5 is loved, I'm one of those who love it, but this idea that it was this flawless thing that EA should emulate?

No, Madden today HAS advanced beyond that. I get the visual love, 2k5 had some ****ing amazing animations and presentation, and no Madden hasn't matched that, but it's surpassed anything 2k5 would have dreamed of in a lot of ways... and not in 13 years, that's not fair. You can't blame Clint for David Ortiz. Especially when you consider 2k5 is 2.5 generations ago and tech implementation and art is far more complex today.

Again, I loved 2k5, but man, it's time to let it go. It wasn't as perfect as we act. It was genre defining in two areas (well, 3, commentary, but Madden's definitely catching up there). Other than that, it was just as flawed as Madden, just in different ways that were more easily covered up by visuals.

So unless you want to go back to long, unbreakable animations that completely lock out control, accept that Madden's gonna be a little bit more jerky just because that's the price of control in some cases.

I agree with this post but I never put 2k5’s gameplay or animations on a pedestal. I remember the first time I popped the game in my console and played the first quarter I was like “oh man I got ripped off”. Then the halftime show came on which had never been done before in a nfl video game and Chris Berman was showing my highlights....My jaw hit the floor. I thought to myself....what’s gonna be at the end of the game....then the post game show came on and they were actually interviewing my quarterback on the sideline at the end of the game...again my jaw hit the floor. Something that had never been done before in a video sports game.

Then as I kept going through the season I happened to notice that after finishing up a week there was a yellow button on the bottom that if you pressed Y a friggin sportscenter rundown would flash on the screen and play that music that we all were so familiar with from our college dorm room days...”welcome to sportscenter, dunna da...dunna da”. And next thing I was getting highlights, scores, key player stats for each game, college prospects were being talked about, playoff picture, weekly awards. I couldn’t believe I was seeing this in a video game. I thought to myself “what the hell have I been playing madden for???that game blows compared to this!”

You see it wasn’t about the gameplay or animations. The gameplay was good enough for me and I learned to appreciate it more over time because I knew I could never go back to madden because 2ks presentation was just so involved and authentic that I was totally immersed into my season. Madden would never be able to fill that void even if the gameplay was better...I felt like I was actually living in an nfl world that I see on tv everyday with nfl 2k5. And I would take that experience over gameplay and animations 100 out of 100 times!

Last edited by Cato06; 06-21-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:32 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Also, to this day, I can't stand Tom Sawyer.
That one took me back, lol. My associations with that song are forever linked to APF 2K8 game play, which was a pretty happy moment in my gaming history.

As many times as I heard that song in-game, there are so many words I don't know. I just know something about changes being permanent and Tom Sawyer being a warrior, but I have no idea what the actual point of the song is.

Total tangent, but that comment injected some levity into an otherwise kind of depressing convo.

Edit: Just remembered the bit about the guy's mind not being for rent...that was deep...
Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #199
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I personally don't think 2k5 was perfect, and I don't think many other people do from the posts I read that bring up the game. People bring up the positives we would like to see when discussing Madden because, why would you bring up the negatives? We don't want those in Madden, lol, Madden has plenty of its own issues.

Personally I would just like a better balance with Madden's animations in control, because there are plenty of times, I don't have control and the game is ugly. I'd rather atleast have it look realistic if I'm going to lose control. There is no excuse for some of the UGLY stuff that is still in Madden to this day. That's my issue. No 2k5 or 2k8 weren't perfect by any means, but they had things in Madden we'd like to see by now, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
If talking about gameplay APF made 2k5 irrelevant, certainly madden is better then 2k5 it has been for some time, but hasn’t surpass APF 2k8, Madden probably does have better zone and blocking rules, but all that is mute because player interactions are so poor, and in football interactions and physicality matter a whole lot more.

Quote:

So unless you want to go back to long, unbreakable animations that completely lock out control, accept that Madden's gonna be a little bit more jerky just because that's the price of control in some cases.
Where is this magical "user control" you speak of in Madden? The user control in Madden is beyond atrocious, along with the fact that it looks awful when things play out. There are literally no pass rush moves - it's all BS quick time events that involve patty caking an OL-men. When I try to run through a hole, I can feel a tugging on the controller as an animation sucks my HB into tackles. When I throw passes, it is pre determined that it will go directly to a defender who is standing flat footed, hunched over. What about when you are on defense and you push and hold Y to make a play and your DB will just stand there with a force field around him not allowing him to make a play? Let's not forget the horrendous motion shifting the players have to do "snap" into place on their rails to have an interaction when the ball is in the air. Sometimes the DB and WR will slide 5 yards. It looks and feels terrible. While there may be things under the hood in Madden that have surpassed older games (and why shouldn't they? That's not an impressive feat given today's technology), it certainly doesn't look or feel like it. Your post was a very fair one outside of the user control part. That is simply not true. What really hurts madden is that the control still sucks AND the context in which many of the animations play out look awful and don't fit the situation. Even in the Madden 19 videos I still see a guy get cut, then magically pop up and make a tackle or a block.

There's also no excuse for a broken challenge system, the missing penalties along with offsets, flags on the field, true interactive sidelines and authentic presentation. No one should be talking about 10 and 14 year old games at all at this point with respect to ANY aspect of the game.

EDIT: You guys are right, that soundtrack was atrocious LOL.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-20-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #200
Rookie

Over 13 years later and people STILL talk about 2k5...

When will y'all stop living in the past and realize that Madden will never live up to your nostalgia?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »