Home

Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 AM   #201
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Well my perspective is that of someone who stepped away from the game for years and only recently came back. I gave up Madden in 02 when 2k came out. I was just bored with the game and wanted something new. 2k delivered a fresh experience. After 2k8, I tried Madden a few times and it always disappointed me. It wasn't until 15 on PS3 that I thought the game was decent. I bought 17 on PS4 last year and it was respectable also.

After such a long time without playing Madden, I guess I expected it to be more advanced. Maybe it's mostly an offline issue. 2k gave a really fun offline experience while for me at least, Madden is just ok. If I played online maybe I'd appreciate Madden more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 06-21-2018 at 01:47 AM.
jmarcguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 02:57 AM   #202
Pro
 
bubba4's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Sep 2002
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
Over 13 years later and people STILL talk about 2k5...

When will y'all stop living in the past and realize that Madden will never live up to your nostalgia?
Because 2k5 is the ghost that haunts Madden constantly! EA can't stand the comparison, but they haven't done enough to put that ghost to rest. Until they do, this will never get old and it will never stop. When Madden doesn't measure up, we have to call them on it. What better way to do that than with the Ghost OF NFL 2K5! (scary sinister laugh inserted here)
bubba4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #203
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
Because 2k5 is the ghost that haunts Madden constantly! EA can't stand the comparison, but they haven't done enough to put that ghost to rest. Until they do, this will never get old and it will never stop. When Madden doesn't measure up, we have to call them on it. What better way to do that than with the Ghost OF NFL 2K5! (scary sinister laugh inserted here)
It doesn't because they don't care. I didn't buy the game for several years after EA got the license because I saw their vision at the time didn't match mine. But not enough other people spoke up with their money and they kept profiting millions yearly. The game could have been much different a long time ago.
da_centa_fielda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #204
H*F Cl*ss *f '09
 
Kanobi's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,542
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
There's also no excuse for a broken challenge system, the missing penalties along with offsets, flags on the field, true interactive sidelines and authentic presentation. No one should be talking about 10 and 14 year old games at all at this point with respect to ANY aspect of the game.
And off-the-ball injuries. I see guys lobbying for and complaining about the lack of off-the-ball injuries in Madden when they were/are quite prevalent in APF 2k8. The ones I love the most are probably when OL get hurt when getting rolled up on or blindisided by a pursuing defender. .....also when the DB's get crushed by a pulling OL. It's beautiful not because they got hurt but because it's what I see happening on the field in real life. APF captured that perfectly. Madden has yet to even come close.
Kanobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #205
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WV
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just for the record, NOBODY has matched Madden 2000's intro sequence!
I still know the song haha.
Daywalker86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #206
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
Over 13 years later and people STILL talk about 2k5...

When will y'all stop living in the past and realize that Madden will never live up to your nostalgia?
I played 2k for about 2 hours..

For over a decade, from 1994 with the release of PS1, through 2006 before PS3, the Madden franchise made steady improvement. In some cases, DRASTIC improvement (2002-2005)

Can you say that about any version since? Honestly? Drastic improvement? Graphics, sure. Gameplay?

So forgive me if I don't apologize for talking about the good old days.

They were indeed great.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #207
MVP
 
Americas Team's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: ATL
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
True, but Adembroski noted something that folks “always” bypass, or just don’t understand.

Both 2k5 & 2k8 used “a lot” of tricks to cover/hide issues the game suffered from.
- long unbreakable canned interaction cycle + clean mesh pt with next long unbreakable canned interaction cycle to give perception of fluid animation run through.

**there was reason Player Ratings Editing was not allowed in those games, because the 2k Editing Mod revealed the unraveled mess when gamers were able to tweak variables/ratings away from 2k’s levels.

Every player, no matter their front end Gold/Silver/Bronze defferentiation desigantion, used the same canned animations.
- User control to break out/into other animations was not in those games
- User was at the mercy of the animation cycle already pre-determined by the die-roll (ouch!!!)

The die-roll use that EA gets beat down for in their football game today, was used just as much, if not more, used to add variation to those long unbreakable canned interactions.

Yes there are moments where those long canned animations look nice and smooth and even fun, but the missing User control greatly missing in those games, for me quickly amounts to playing a version of Longshot with everything so scripted and pre-determined.

Presentation and atmosphere I will give to the older 2k games, but no way dealing with gameplay.
- I’ve been spoiled and simply can’t go back to “less” User control
- tried it several times, but just can’t get past those games hidden issues
Madden is overrated when it comes to user control, I never feel like I have very much control in Madden, no more than 2K games, at least not so much of a difference that justifies how bad Madden moves.
__________________
Xbox Series X: KILLMUNGER
Americas Team is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:42 PM   #208
H*F Cl*ss *f '09
 
Kanobi's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,542
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I played 2k for about 2 hours..

For over a decade, from 1994 with the release of PS1, through 2006 before PS3, the Madden franchise made steady improvement. In some cases, DRASTIC improvement (2002-2005)

Can you say that about any version since? Honestly? Drastic improvement? Graphics, sure. Gameplay?

So forgive me if I don't apologize for talking about the good old days.

They were indeed great.
They were great indeed...because there was competition and we had options as far as NFL-licensed games go. I vividly recall playing and enjoying both NFL2k5 and Madden 05 depending on mood.

And those saying the NFL2k5 talk is based on nostalgia are wrong....it's not nostalgia if one STILL plays the game and finds it doing things better than Madden on/off the field. For me, it's moreso APF2k8 than NFL2k5 in that regard.
Kanobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.

Top -