Home

M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

This is a discussion on M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
Liked almost everything he had to say, but I have to admit I audibly scoffed when he started talking about how much they added to CFM in 2017 and that last year was a "quality" year for it, too.

He has to weigh his words when he’s speaking on behalf of the company. He’s been there for a long time though so at the same time he probably shouldn’t be as fearful of getting in trouble as a newer guy but still his job is on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #34
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He has to weigh his words when he’s speaking on behalf of the company. He’s been there for a long time though so at the same time he probably shouldn’t be as fearful of getting in trouble as a newer guy but still his job is on the line.

He's also not the kind of guy who's gonna throw his teammates under the bus. He's the head of this team now, and you'll never get a negative word out about a guy except internally toward that individual. He's certainly not going to out the whole team.

One way to think of it is this; He just took over a team as the new lead designer. He was asked a question that basically amounted too, "Aren't you a much better designer everyone else that's been in your position is?" What's he supposed to say, "Yep!" That kind of arrogance in leadership is exactly why White and Haumiller have taken over CFM.

I don't know what EA's investment in franchise mode is going to be in the coming years, but I know what Ben Haumiller's investment is going to be. Any of you seen that Turning Point episode with Jimmy Garoppolo, and how he goes to each of his receivers and pretty much explains to them exactly how they're gonna get open on the final drive, then he hits the field and executes it exactly like that? That's Ben Haumiller as a designer. He sees the problems before they happen, has a plan in place to defeat those problems, and executes. In a more technical sense, he has a good grasp of scope and writes the best TFCs in the company.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
He's also not the kind of guy who's gonna throw his teammates under the bus. He's the head of this team now, and you'll never get a negative word out about a guy except internally toward that individual. He's certainly not going to out the whole team.

One way to think of it is this; He just took over a team as the new lead designer. He was asked a question that basically amounted too, "Aren't you a much better designer everyone else that's been in your position is?" What's he supposed to say, "Yep!" That kind of arrogance in leadership is exactly why White and Haumiller have taken over CFM.

I don't know what EA's investment in franchise mode is going to be in the coming years, but I know what Ben Haumiller's investment is going to be. Any of you seen that Turning Point episode with Jimmy Garoppolo, and how he goes to each of his receivers and pretty much explains to them exactly how they're gonna get open on the final drive, then he hits the field and executes it exactly like that? That's Ben Haumiller as a designer. He sees the problems before they happen, has a plan in place to defeat those problems, and executes. In a more technical sense, he has a good grasp of scope and writes the best TFCs in the company.

What does TFC stand for?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #36
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

That's fair. It was just a quote that struck me as jarring. Overall, I'm pumped about the shift in direction we're seeing from EA with regards to CFM.

Also, what does TFC stand for?
Old 06-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #37
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
He said that the game will take 5 automatic snapshots from each game and that those will cycle through your CFM, but that you can also take 5 of your own so it seems like you can have 10 from every game. I'm a solo CFM player but I admit that I'm jealous about the other game snapshots that are going to cycle through the CFMs of people who play in Leagues. That is a nice additional little piece of immersion there.
One of the things I loved about the OD with NCAA. Just brings some immersion to the league which is what many have been clamouring about for years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 06-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #38
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What does TFC stand for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
That's fair. It was just a quote that struck me as jarring. Overall, I'm pumped about the shift in direction we're seeing from EA with regards to CFM.

Also, what does TFC stand for?
Test For Completion. Pretty much the last step in a design document. It outlines the exact conditions that tell the Q/A team that a given feature is implemented properly, and it's also great clarification if an engineer doesn't really know what you're going for in the general design document.

If you're designing a way to release players from their contract, your TFCs might include something like, "Go to roster screen. Select player. On player card, select, "release player."

Exit roster, re-enter. Verify player is no longer on roster. Go to free agent screen, verify player is now on free agent screen.

And so on. That's one simple and common sense one, but the same feature might have 20 different things to verify to ensure everything's working right. It seems simple, but it's an art, and being thorough is difficult. Great TFCs are what prevent bugs before they happen.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-11-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
One of the things I loved about the OD with NCAA. Just brings some immersion to the league which is what many have been clamouring about for years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I could be wrong, but I think this could be the stepping stone to having highlights in game from other Online cfm games. I know that’s one thing John White had mentioned when I was down there a few years ago that he was wanting to do.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #40
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

That kind of arrogance in leadership is exactly why White and Haumiller have taken over CFM.

Looman ??

Also what are TFCs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »