Home

M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

This is a discussion on M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #41
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

If you dont know Ben Haumiller, you should know hes a reason to be optimistic about the future of franchise mode. He was a stalwart of the NCAA game for years and behind some of the features that were part of dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #42
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Also what are TFCs?
See my last post.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
This. Scheme currently is only a modifier of improved XP for those who fit. I think they didn't want do too much negatively with scheme year 1 until they really see how well it works in the hands of real players.
The problem is that if it is too simple and unhelpful in year 1 than users may reject it and we never get to know how good it could have been.

Only affecting future XP is not nearly effective enough nor realistic. No immediate penalty for switching a scheme on a player? At least a 10% - 20% hit on awareness initially that can be gained back over the year.

Given that MUT already has built in performance boosts for multiple players that have the same qualities, you would think that they would just tie that concept right into Franchise mode. They have already done the hard work on that feature.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #44
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
The problem is that if it is too simple and unhelpful in year 1 than users may reject it and we never get to know how good it could have been.

Only affecting future XP is not nearly effective enough nor realistic. No immediate penalty for switching a scheme on a player? At least a 10% - 20% hit on awareness initially that can be gained back over the year.

Given that MUT already has built in performance boosts for multiple players that have the same qualities, you would think that they would just tie that concept right into Franchise mode. They have already done the hard work on that feature.

From what it seems like scheme affects overall rating for a player on a given team. So Derek Henry was like a 68 as a receiving back in one of the screenshots. My guess is, is that on a team with a receiving scheme for running backs, they either wouldn't sign Henry or he'd just be the 3rd down back on the depth charts because of ratings. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Totally guessing. Would be interesting to see if it works this way

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

How is it realistic that a player is somehow worse just because he's in a system that doesn't fit him? He's not worse, he just doesn't fit. What you're asking for is UNrealistic and redundant.

If I take over San Francisco and switch to a power run scheme, Jarrick McKinnon isn't gonna suddenly be a worse back... but he's going to perform worse because I'm running him on ISO all the time. That IS realistic. Having him suddenly forget how to juke is not. Dez Bryant isn't gonna forget how to run a dig if he signs with a team that doesn't run many digs, he's just not going to be used to his greatest potential if he isn't permitted to do what he does best.

What you're asking for is playbook knowledge, which I'd love to see but that would be its own feature independent of this one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
How is it realistic that a player is somehow worse just because he's in a system that doesn't fit him? He's not worse, he just doesn't fit. What you're asking for is UNrealistic and redundant.

If I take over San Francisco and switch to a power run scheme, Jarrick McKinnon isn't gonna suddenly be a worse back... but he's going to perform worse because I'm running him on ISO all the time. That IS realistic. Having him suddenly forget how to juke is not. Dez Bryant isn't gonna forget how to run a dig if he signs with a team that doesn't run many digs, he's just not going to be used to his greatest potential if he isn't permitted to do what he does best.

What you're asking for is playbook knowledge, which I'd love to see but that would be its own feature independent of this one.
Good info here. One quick question. For those of us who play exclusively in online CFMs with a full 32. What is stopping a player from changing his scheme constantly during the course of a season in order to maximize XP boosts for multiple players throughout the season. If you can change the scheme at any time, in one week they might have scheme A, which maximizes the training XP for player A. Then the following week, they quickly change it to scheme B and maximize the boost for player B. This is a cheap way to get guys who don't really fit your scheme more XP than they'd normally get. Kind of similar to the depth chart thing. GUys would move a player into the 1 slot on the depth chart, do their training and get the boosted xp, then move them back before playing the game.

Anyone know how this will work?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:

It is a good first step, but not the end all. When coordinators come out I think that is when you'll see the penalties everyone wants. I know a hard approach to redoing progression was key this year's strategy and this fits in it.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #48
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

Why not have it as a modifier? Like a reduction of awareness or play recognition. After so many weeks it goes back to it's original state. For example a superstar player may need only a month while normal it would take 8 weeks. Take into account training camps and preseason. Signing someone after the preseason means having to play them with an awareness hit part of the regular season. Normal progression can still happen so it could still go up and down and would represent the cap that it can go up. Physical skills would not be impacted. Hopefully at some point this will be addressed.

Franchise sounds like it's in good hands especially if it gets tangible year to year upgrades.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »