Home

Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2018, 08:30 PM   #33
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes

Hopefully EA will allow us to submit names that will be recorded by the commentators by next year. All we need is a first and last name database.

I'm doing a class with former wrestlers who actually played football(The Rock, Goldberg, Lesnar, etc) and adding in current wrestlers as well. Would be nice to hear Bill Goldberg or Dwayne Johnson's name in commentary and hopefully that can happen one day.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Will someone with the early release please give this a shot?
If #1 is a yes then 2 & 3 should also be a yes

1. If we edit the first and last name will the announcers say the edited last name?
2. If we just edit the first name and leave the last name alone with they say that?
3. Do the announcers say common last names if the name is not edited but equipment, size, attributes, etc. are edited, like last year?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Mauler97; 08-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #35
Rookie

Great feature on fifa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Will someone with the early release please give this a shot?
If #1 is a yes then 2 & 3 should also be a yes

1. If we edit the first and last name will the announcers say the edited last name?
2. If we just edit the first name and leave the last name alone with they say that?
3. Do the announcers same common last names if the name is not edited but equipment, size, attributes, etc. are edited, like last year?

Thanks in advance!
Yes! Someone on Early Access give this a quick look! Would love to know if all of our custom draft classes will be nameless.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #37
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

It would be great if they do it like MLB the show. You can enter a name, then enter the name the CPU will actually say

For example, I could make Ray Smith. If I was so inclined, I could have the game call him "Mike Williams," or almost anything I choose, even nicknames.

That's just an example, but a cool tool. I have an uncommon last name, but The Show had one that is pronounced almost exactly the same in their name bank. So I got to make myself, and it even sounds like it says my real name. I thought that was the coolest feature I had seen in years, and really made me feel "in the game" when I played. It was cool that I could put my name as something, but what the broadcaster said as something else. That way, I never had to mess with spelling to hear my name, nor did I have to hear "Now batting, #19" because I chose to spell my name correct.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Hopefully EA will allow us to submit names that will be recorded by the commentators by next year. All we need is a first and last name database.

I'm doing a class with former wrestlers who actually played football(The Rock, Goldberg, Lesnar, etc) and adding in current wrestlers as well. Would be nice to hear Bill Goldberg or Dwayne Johnson's name in commentary and hopefully that can happen one day.
I remember when they did this for NCAA 14. It's the only verbal match for my name ever in a game haha. It was awesome.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

No - 1. If we edit the first and last name will the announcers say the edited last name?
No- 2. If we just edit the first name and leave the last name alone with they say that?
Yes - 3. Do the announcers same common last names if the name is not edited but equipment, size, attributes, etc. are edited, like last year?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #40
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
No - 1. If we edit the first and last name will the announcers say the edited last name?

No- 2. If we just edit the first name and leave the last name alone with they say that?

Yes - 3. Do the announcers same common last names if the name is not edited but equipment, size, attributes, etc. are edited, like last year?

1 - ugh wtf

2 - ugh wtf

3 - well at least we have that. At least the day something like they used to long long ago.

Kinda defeats the purpose of custom draft classes if they’ll never say a dudes name, at least for the guys who want true immersion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »