Home

Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog should be out Thursday within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #9
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
When will the madden team fix the injury system? NBA 2k11 added a legit injury system.

1. The injuries should be real time.
2. The injuries can happen away from the play
3. Players can get sick before the game (stomach virus for example)
4. Injuries should be progressive - not just during the course of a season, but through a career in a franchise. (ex, torn ACLs, shoulder injuries, etc.)
5. Playing hurt should noticeably affect the player on the field, not just his ratings. Limping should happen with lower body injuries, for example.
6. Players should wear braces, wraps, etc.
7. Players can have multiple injuries.
8. Where are the injury statuses that the NFL has? Probable, Doubtful, Questionable, Out... These should be in the game and coaches should be able to make calls based on the training staff advice. Playing through injuries could have a major effect on a player's season or career.

Injuries are a HUGE part of sports, especially football. 8 years ago we got them in basketball, how does the only NFL game STILL not have this? let's get this in the game.
To piggyback off this, injuries need long-term significance. Someone tears their ACL or has a shoulder issue (QB), it has to mean something. Once they are off the IR or their injury time is "finished", they come back 100%. There is no risk to signing a player who has multiple injuries.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Good post, GB!

I need more of a variance of injuries, not 6 weeks here, 10 weeks there broken collarbone injuries.

A mid sprain, mild sprain, ankle, knee, etc... 1 to 2 week injuries or more 3 to 4 weeks.

Last edited by roadman; 06-12-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
When will the madden team fix the injury system? NBA 2k11 added a legit injury system.

1. The injuries should be real time.
2. The injuries can happen away from the play
3. Players can get sick before the game (stomach virus for example)
4. Injuries should be progressive - not just during the course of a season, but through a career in a franchise. (ex, torn ACLs, shoulder injuries, etc.)
5. Playing hurt should noticeably affect the player on the field, not just his ratings. Limping should happen with lower body injuries, for example.
6. Players should wear braces, wraps, etc.
7. Players can have multiple injuries.
8. Where are the injury statuses that the NFL has? Probable, Doubtful, Questionable, Out... These should be in the game and coaches should be able to make calls based on the training staff advice. Playing through injuries could have a major effect on a player's season or career.

Injuries are a HUGE part of sports, especially football. 8 years ago we got them in basketball, how does the only NFL game STILL not have this? let's get this in the game.

All of this would be nice... the only thing I would really add is a manual injury system which 2K and The Show have both had for years. I really don't like that I have to be dependent on a injury update to start my franchise. Add in a manual injury system and I can knock all of that out in no time.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #12
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

For the first time in a long time I'm interested in what this franchise blog has to say because this could be the year I go back to running a long franchise.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #13
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

A progressive injury system would be huge. That's such a big part of football. Madden currently doesn't have the realism aspect in this area. There could never be an Andrew Luck who played through a shoulder injury and it cost him two seasons.

Contracts, injuries, and the open/closed roof options are definitely the 3 things at the top of my list this year... only two more days till we find out...
Old 06-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #14
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
A progressive injury system would be huge. That's such a big part of football. Madden currently doesn't have the realism aspect in this area. There could never be an Andrew Luck who played through a shoulder injury and it cost him two seasons.

Contracts, injuries, and the open/closed roof options are definitely the 3 things at the top of my list this year... only two more days till we find out...

I'm not holding out much hope, but for sure a revamped, more detailed and manually editable injury system is at or near the top of my wish list, as it has been for a while , the game has been sadly lacking in this respect for many years

The NFL is so much a "war of attrition" and Madden just doesn't convey this at all well

Maybe the problem is that it inherently crosses the line between gameplay ( in game injuries being more realistically portrayed) and franchise ( the mechanisms and systems to deal with them) ,with neither team willing to invest resources into improvement until the other team is in a position to also make the necessary push
Old 06-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #15
Rookie

Inactives... and an active gameday roster please!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #16
Pro

briz1046's Arena

In addition to actually adding/improving features in CFM one important thing I'd like them to focus on ,both this year and , going forward is customisation so the user has the tools to play the game as per his/her own specific desires

Add injury during practice ... but allow the user to turn them off

Add training camp practices and drills ...but allow the user to sim them , without major disadvantage ( ie actually make 'success' a dice roll ..not just always a mediocre result )

Add coaching staffs but allow the CPU to do that for you if you choose

Add potential traits alongside dev traits..but make them editable

Allow manual injury editing/ creating

Allow editing of PS eligibility/ years in league

Etc etc
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »