Home

Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog should be out Thursday within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

For us single player guys, they have to make playing the AI more of a legitimate challenge. They have to get the AI to make adjustments and play to their schemes effectively. I'm tired of playing the Steelers and having Antonio Brown get 3 targets.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #18
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I would think coaching carousel and operating a coaching staff of at least HC, OC, DC, and ST coaches would be a top priority for EA to implement in franchise mode. Its puzzling to me how this feature was available in the PS2/Xbox versions, only to be completely absent from the series on the PS3/360 and now PS4/XB1. Heck, even the NCAA Football series received coaching carousel for the 12', 13', 14' versions. MLB the Show and NBA 2k allow users to manage their coaching staffs too.

I realize there are a lot of cool franchise features that EA introduced in the PS2/Xbox days that weren't carried over to the newer systems, but it just seems bizarre to have such a feature that has now become a mainstay in other sports video games seemingly MIA for over a decade....
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #19
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I also would be interested in incorporating the CFL into Madden CFM sort of like the Summer League in NBA 2k. Say right after the rookie signing period, the CFL season starts and users get to draft from a pool of free agents. Maybe add in some caveats to make the draft pool realistic (e.g. free agent rookies, practice squad players, free agent veterans who were not with a team last season, free agents with no more than 2 years experience, etc.).

I think the CFL would be a fun and unique scouting tool in the offseason, especially if users could play as Johnny Manziel. EA partnered with the CFL and the CFLPLA to include CFL MUT legends for the mobile version of Madden 17', so there is a relationship there already...
Old 06-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #20
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
I would think coaching carousel and operating a coaching staff of at least HC, OC, DC, and ST coaches would be a top priority for EA to implement in franchise mode. Its puzzling to me how this feature was available in the PS2/Xbox versions, only to be completely absent from the series on the PS3/360 and now PS4/XB1. Heck, even the NCAA Football series received coaching carousel for the 12', 13', 14' versions. MLB the Show and NBA 2k allow users to manage their coaching staffs too.

I realize there are a lot of cool franchise features that EA introduced in the PS2/Xbox days that weren't carried over to the newer systems, but it just seems bizarre to have such a feature that has now become a mainstay in other sports video games seemingly MIA for over a decade....
Yup. I was just thinking how excited I was back in 2006 to see how much deeper and amazing franchise mode would be on the PS3......still waiting for it to catch up to 2005, all these years later. There are a lot of young people these days who just don't have any idea how good it was back in the day.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #21
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Really hoping they changed fa bit with making the point system invisible or under the hood. Would be a really nice change for online leagues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #22
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Really hoping they changed fa bit with making the point system invisible or under the hood. Would be a really nice change for online leagues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Even for solo players it would be good. Hopefully the team internally admitted that they went too far in the casual direction with this and got rid of the visible points.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Yup. I was just thinking how excited I was back in 2006 to see how much deeper and amazing franchise mode would be on the PS3......still waiting for it to catch up to 2005, all these years later. There are a lot of young people these days who just don't have any idea how good it was back in the day.
If franchise mode circa 2005 was as good as everyone seems to think, we wouldn't have needed a Madden Manifesto or MaddenAmp/Nza's Madden editor to make it worth a damn.

It had a radio show played the same Brandon Lloyd interview 12 times a season and a fantasy football game that killed your morale if you didn't start the third-stringer just because he had more preseason receptions. The starting running backs got every carry unless someone got hurt and CPU teams ran an average of 7 times a game. The draft was just a list of guys with their ratings and progression didn't actually work unless you manually progressed players in an editor.

The rose colored glasses are getting old.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

“The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.”
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd love to be surprised by the blog, but I guess the heavy hitters have all been seen and we're going to get all of the small details now.

I still long for the day Madden catches up to every other sports game out there and gives us realistic sized staffs and gives us front office personnel as well. Every single being in the game is individualized with preferences, traits, "ratings", and goals. That will be the day the franchise mode comes to life, is dynamic, and offers some replay-ability no matter how long you have played the game.

We need each team to have an owner that has different values, different personalities. We need GMs that have different values, preferences, personalities, etc. We need assistant GM's, CFO's. We need position coaches that are great coaches and we can track their story, their career, to a possible head coaching job one day. We need players that come to life. Talented headcases that you can't decide if you want to sign them at the risk of ruining your locker room. Cool, loyal guys who play 12 years for one team and then retire. Guys that chase money over rings, guys that chase rings over all else. Guys that want to play in a warm environment, etc.

The day Madden has every character in game behaving unique and creating their own story is the day it catches up to modern sports games. This is what makes NBA 2k great. This is what makes Out of the Park second to none. That game is the blue print for what a franchise mode should be like. There is as much off the field action as there is on it. I honestly had more fun negotiating a trade in OOTP over the course of 3+ weeks in game than I did watching my team win 10 straight. I had more fun looking back through my conversations with the other GM and seeing what the original offer was and comparing it to the final deal and seeing each offer in between.

I have as much fun having an owner let me have full control of my vision as I do watching my team win. It's almost as rewarding to just make the playoffs when you have a terrible owner who is always meddling in your management as it is to win the whole thing when you had a great owner who trusted you.

Madden needs to get CFM to the point where every single user enjoys telling their stories on and off the field in the franchise thread because they are all unique and wild rides compared to the box score copy and paste we see now. CFM at this point is just 16 play now games and then a playoff mode with a simple as can be offseason to cap it off.

The day that Madden has scouts for each team and has each team valuing players uniquely, not just by scheme fit, and seeing terribly ran teams with bad scouting drafting busts while other teams have great front offices and scouting departments and seem to get "lucky" every draft is the day I will be in football heaven. I want to face the struggles of a real GM and not have set in stone numbers for every draft prospect, free agent, or current player. I want to have my scout tell me player X on my team is bad and I trade him away only to see over time he was not bad, my scout was and while I still suck and am hiring my 4th head scout in 6 years, player X is competing for rings and is a major face in the league.

Madden doesn't not have to be innovative to have a good franchise mode. They just have to look at the features in other games that make them elite in this category while Madden sits down near the bottom with NHL as both are boring, lifeless modes.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »