Home

Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog should be out Thursday within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #41
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Blog should be out Thursday

I'm already excited about the big changes. Bring on some interesting small ones.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
When will the madden team fix the injury system? NBA 2k11 added a legit injury system.

1. The injuries should be real time.

2. The injuries can happen away from the play

3. Players can get sick before the game (stomach virus for example)

4. Injuries should be progressive - not just during the course of a season, but through a career in a franchise. (ex, torn ACLs, shoulder injuries, etc.)

5. Playing hurt should noticeably affect the player on the field, not just his ratings. Limping should happen with lower body injuries, for example.

6. Players should wear braces, wraps, etc.

7. Players can have multiple injuries.

8. Where are the injury statuses that the NFL has? Probable, Doubtful, Questionable, Out... These should be in the game and coaches should be able to make calls based on the training staff advice. Playing through injuries could have a major effect on a player's season or career.

Injuries are a HUGE part of sports, especially football. 8 years ago we got them in basketball, how does the only NFL game STILL not have this? let's get this in the game.

I donít want to see injuries that power guys speed like 30 points or strength 50 points either. It should be small decreases that would make starters still worth playing over backups. Then like you pointed out small injuries might stack on each other and progressively get worse to the point that player might not want to play or a serious injury will then occur. I mean come on, Iíve seen multiple runningbacks play through broken ribs, and if that ainít playing through pain I donít know what is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #43
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
If franchise mode circa 2005 was as good as everyone seems to think, we wouldn't have needed a Madden Manifesto or MaddenAmp/Nza's Madden editor to make it worth a damn.

It had a radio show played the same Brandon Lloyd interview 12 times a season and a fantasy football game that killed your morale if you didn't start the third-stringer just because he had more preseason receptions. The starting running backs got every carry unless someone got hurt and CPU teams ran an average of 7 times a game. The draft was just a list of guys with their ratings and progression didn't actually work unless you manually progressed players in an editor.

The rose colored glasses are getting old.
Yeah this. And 2K5’s presentation was off the hook but the franchise mode itself was bugged to the hilt.

I do have fun with Maddens CFM. Especially since 16-18. However it can still use some serious love with a dynamic injury system, RFA’s and more dynamic presentation making it feel alive. A Coaching carousel, a weekly highlight show with full on NFL Network or ESPN presentation ala 2K5

But more importantly and I have pounded the sand about this....CPU AI on and off the field must be the primary focus.

That is what is holding Madden back from being mentioned with MLB The Show and NBA 2K in terms of a robust offline franchise experience. Not that The Show or 2K are perfect....but they are much better....much much better.

Gameplay vs the CPU needs a major improvement.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-14-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Hopefully when the blog comes out tomorrow we will get a few more small additions that were added to the game.

So no blog for us today??
Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #45
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
They said it would come out today. His post was at like 12:30am in my timezone so it could just be a timezone thing or a simple mistake.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #46
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
The previous two blogs have come out early/ mid evening here in UK, that's early/ mid afternoon ET USA I believe
Old 06-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #47
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I am impressed with all the information that has been given about the franchise mode that we still have a blog to look forward too, hopefully its not just more in depth info of what we already heard about.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #48
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
so i want to be able to pickup an UDFA, put the on PS then pull into roster cos of injury, they do well and show promise, i want to sign to a multi year deal during the season, i have to wait until the end of the season now
lots of stuff from HC06/09. Madden 08 on pc i loved with the super mods people created
You shouldn't have to do any of that, if free agency was based off of service time you'd have the UDFA under your control for at least two years
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »