Home

Stopping ALL transactions (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Stopping ALL transactions (Madden 18) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Stopping ALL transactions (Madden 18)

Ok, I don't understand this, I've run several tests...
I start a Franchise and regardless of whether I start in Preseason or at the start of the season skipping Preseason, even if I turn off anything CPU and make everything human controlled or simply "off", the game still goes and releases players and signs practice squad guys without my approval. So is that not controllable at all then? Sure, you see no signings or trades which is fine, but are those two things (practice squad and releases) always going to happen at the start even with FULL human control on everything? If so, why? Can someone explain?
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stopping ALL transactions (Madden 18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, I don't understand this, I've run several tests...
I start a Franchise and regardless of whether I start in Preseason or at the start of the season skipping Preseason, even if I turn off anything CPU and make everything human controlled or simply "off", the game still goes and releases players and signs practice squad guys without my approval. So is that not controllable at all then? Sure, you see no signings or trades which is fine, but are those two things (practice squad and releases) always going to happen at the start even with FULL human control on everything? If so, why? Can someone explain?
Thanks!
I honestly haven't noticed this on my Franchises--I've especially never seen the CPU release a player on my roster.

As for PS, the PS has to be filled out. My guess is that if you don't do it yourself at a certain point, the CPU will take over and do it.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I honestly haven't noticed this on my Franchises--I've especially never seen the CPU release a player on my roster.

As for PS, the PS has to be filled out. My guess is that if you don't do it yourself at a certain point, the CPU will take over and do it.
You should try a test, full control of everything and before the season even starts you'll see your team releasing like 8-12 guys.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The cpu will force user controlled teams to meet certain roster requirements if the user has not done so. I'm pretty sure this is intended.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Yes it's deliberate

If you advance past roster cuts etc without making the required cuts etc the CPU will by design make any transactions necessary for your team to be within the required roster restrictions ie 53 players , 2qbs etc

If you wish to do these yourself you need to do it before advancing

Last edited by briz1046; 06-11-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
If you wish to do these yourself you need to do it before advancing
Well, except you can't. Because the game doesn't let you control more than one team when the franchise is launched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The cpu will force user controlled teams to meet certain roster requirements if the user has not done so. I'm pretty sure this is intended.
Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Ok, fine, but then FULL control isn't possible which is what I was trying to find out. What I mean is, you can only pick ONE team at the start, so if you select franchise that bypasses preseason, then by the time the first week appears, teams have already done tons of signings, etc before you've even gotten a chance to take control of anyone else. When I started WITH preseason on, I could at least take control of teams before signings could happen. But releases and practice squad are never stoppable.
1. What if you PRE-cut each team to 53 players? Would that stop the game from releasing people randomly?
2. Would that fix the practice squad moves?
3. Since you guys know the game well, or at least better than me, would you say the AI's ability to cut players is relatively decent all things considered and don't create any noticeably bad roster cuts anyway? Because if so, I'm wasting my time looking for perfect start of season accuracy.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

If you want to control only one team the CPU will inevitably control the other 31 teams as it seems fit , if there are high OVR players in FA they will sign them if they decided it's an upgrade etc , nothing you can do , or would even expect to be able to do about it

The only way to keep control in your own hands is by controlling all 32 teams and performing all necessary actions to stay within roster requirements prior to each advance

And yes that requires you start at the beginning of preseason , then as long as your imported roster attached as to PS roster needs you will be good

Last edited by briz1046; 06-11-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
The only way to keep control in your own hands is by controlling all 32 teams and performing all necessary actions to stay within roster requirements prior to each advance

And yes that requires you start at the beginning of preseason
Sorry, I thought it was clear by my question that I had every intention of playing with full control of all teams. I guess it wasnt clear.

Ok. And so therefore thats how you get control before things happen, you select to play with preseason. I suppose I could cut a team to only 53 players to see whether that stops the releasing from happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »