Home

Custom Draft Class Q

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Class Q within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Draft Class Q

If there isn't a randomize feature - or some variant of it - I'm still trying to understand what type of perks this gives to Offline Franchise guys for their own leagues.....

...I mean, besides importing classes from other users, of course.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #18
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
There needs to be a commisioner mode where all he does is oversee the league and isn't actually a part of it. Importing dract classes, vetoing trades, etc. It would be a role that requires a little less commitment while still enjoying how the league plays out.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

I would jump on this. Off-Season and Drafting are my favorite parts of Madden. I play in an online Franchise with friends to be involved but if I could just be the prospect, rules and trade/fa veto guy, Iíd be all over it.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:11 AM   #19
MVP

There has been a lot of talk about randomization for the custom draft classes and I get it to a point. However, for me it is not an issue.

Using my classic rosters, I would love to be able to create a few draft classes for the next few years and have those players be in the league playing like they really played, or at least have the opportunity to do so. Example: If I use a classic season roster like 1991, I want to also make draft classes for 92,93,94,etc... I do not want those players randomized. After going through that whole process, there is no way I am going to remember every rating for every player, or necessarily who I set to what development trait, or much else.

The same is true for using a current roster. If I am making next year's draft class, I want their ratings to be based on their actual skills, not randomized.

The most randomization I can see working is giving a range for certain ratings. Perhaps, so instead of saying a QB has a 89 for throwing power, it is a range between 85-90. Then the game solidifies the number.

If suddenly everyone wants randomized ratings, why did everyone ask for custom draft classes? I do not understand the logic there.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:19 AM   #20
F17
Rookie

Enough people are going to enjoy making draft classes that there could conceivably be some sort of community making classes for use in online CFMs. Commish can just import them to the CFM without looking at it or saying which file it is. Then, yes, you need to trust your commish isn't going to check out the scout class behind the scenes, but it is just him you'd have to think of. And if he's a good commish in a good league that enjoys the game, you needn't worry him doing that at all really.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
There has been a lot of talk about randomization for the custom draft classes and I get it to a point. However, for me it is not an issue.

Using my classic rosters, I would love to be able to create a few draft classes for the next few years and have those players be in the league playing like they really played, or at least have the opportunity to do so. Example: If I use a classic season roster like 1991, I want to also make draft classes for 92,93,94,etc... I do not want those players randomized. After going through that whole process, there is no way I am going to remember every rating for every player, or necessarily who I set to what development trait, or much else.

The same is true for using a current roster. If I am making next year's draft class, I want their ratings to be based on their actual skills, not randomized.

The most randomization I can see working is giving a range for certain ratings. Perhaps, so instead of saying a QB has a 89 for throwing power, it is a range between 85-90. Then the game solidifies the number.

If suddenly everyone wants randomized ratings, why did everyone ask for custom draft classes? I do not understand the logic there.

I understand this.
It's actually what made me ask that very same thing before.

I also understand that people want to either:

a) Simulate the current draft class pending.
b) Re-live their favorite players coming out of college back in the day.

The issue I have is, if I'm creating draft classes for myself, of course I'm not going to remember every single player. But I WILL remember players that stand out if I decided to "stash gems in the lower rounds" like they say. From their Physical height/weight, names, etc. Knowing who these players are and where they reside would kill the suspense for me personally. I like to have to do my due diligence and examine the players to test my aptitude to spot the talent.

Alongside Individual Prospect Creation, what I personally like is a Threshold Editor.

The ability to freely extend/contract the range of specific ratings on specific positions. Thereby I get to make the tweaks I feel necessary while still letting the procedurally generated Classes do their thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #22
Rookie

KillerFart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
I understand this.
It's actually what made me ask that very same thing before.

I also understand that people want to either:

a) Simulate the current draft class pending.
b) Re-live their favorite players coming out of college back in the day.

The issue I have is, if I'm creating draft classes for myself, of course I'm not going to remember every single player. But I WILL remember players that stand out if I decided to "stash gems in the lower rounds" like they say. From their Physical height/weight, names, etc. Knowing who these players are and where they reside would kill the suspense for me personally. I like to have to do my due diligence and examine the players to test my aptitude to spot the talent.

Alongside Individual Prospect Creation, what I personally like is a Threshold Editor.

The ability to freely extend/contract the range of specific ratings on specific positions. Thereby I get to make the tweaks I feel necessary while still letting the procedurally generated Classes do their thing.
This. Well option B.) that is. Iím already planning on making a draft class with legends/all legends. But conflicted on knowing their ratings beforehand. Really need this franchise deep dive to come out, need more info! Now!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #23
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

I've never understood the demand for custom draft classes, I think it is mostly the offline crowd that wants them. Serious online leagues won't use them unless there is an element of randomization.

Reminds me of back in the M25 (M14?) days. A non-random class, everyone will just have the list and actual in-game scouting becomes pointless. However at the same time, imported classes from NCAA did come with an element of randomization that was great for those of us who played dual leagues.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #24
Rookie

KillerFart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
I've never understood the demand for custom draft classes, I think it is mostly the offline crowd that wants them. Serious online leagues won't use them unless there is an element of randomization.

Reminds me of back in the M25 (M14?) days. A non-random class, everyone will just have the list and actual in-game scouting becomes pointless. However at the same time, imported classes from NCAA did come with an element of randomization that was great for those of us who played dual leagues.
This is franchise the way it used to be. Sorta. Havenít had control over draft classes in how long? This is an aspect that made franchise great at one time when you were able to import draft classes.

Iíd like to think thereís certainly an element of randomness. If youíre an online league, donít touch the draft class, and nothing changes basically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »