Home

Custom Draft Class Q

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Class Q within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #25
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Custom Draft Class Q

Think it would be better with weighted progression so that the prospects develop differently in different franchises. If someone is going to be a Star dev every time then they have the same value every time

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
I understand this.
It's actually what made me ask that very same thing before.

I also understand that people want to either:

a) Simulate the current draft class pending.
b) Re-live their favorite players coming out of college back in the day.

The issue I have is, if I'm creating draft classes for myself, of course I'm not going to remember every single player. But I WILL remember players that stand out if I decided to "stash gems in the lower rounds" like they say. From their Physical height/weight, names, etc. Knowing who these players are and where they reside would kill the suspense for me personally. I like to have to do my due diligence and examine the players to test my aptitude to spot the talent.

Alongside Individual Prospect Creation, what I personally like is a Threshold Editor.

The ability to freely extend/contract the range of specific ratings on specific positions. Thereby I get to make the tweaks I feel necessary while still letting the procedurally generated Classes do their thing.
I understand what you are looking for, and I would be fine with a threshold editor and like I mentioned, a way to create a range for specific players, not just by position.

Setting gems in the lower rounds, you are right, those will be easy to remember. However, hopefully the new scheme system should help prevent that if you are trying to build in a realistic fashion.

The only way that EA can make this work for everyone is to give us options (something EA usually fails to provide). By that I mean, allow users to set everything OR randomize ratings. This might be able to happen based on something I read or listened to. It was said somewhere (sorry I cannot remember but it was from EA) that users can simply edit a draft class created by EA or create from scratch. So, perhaps those who want more randomization can simply take a draft class and change names and the few things they want to change and then keep all of the ratings that were created by EA. That is not perfect, but it might be the only way to achieve what everyone is looking for.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #27
Rookie

The only solution I can see is a feature where in, if your the commissioner, you aren’t allowed to draft. You just plug in your top 3 position preferences for each round but the CPU makes the pick for you. For example...
1st round- first Preference QB, second preference WR, and third would be DE.
You could also plug in scheme fit preferences so as to not have the CPU draft a pocket passer for your zone read offense.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If we could pick archetype and then pick projected draft spot it would give us the right amount of control.

This is how I would like to see it done. We should at least have the option to edit name, appearance, projected round, and archetype and then let Madden automatically generate ratings based on that projected round and archetype for each player.

Even if your league commissioner isn’t trying to cheat, it’s impossible for them to open up a custom draft class without gaining an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2018, 03:35 AM   #29
F17
Rookie

I don't suppose anyone would know, but can you also edit what draft stories appear for each player?
Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 AM   #30
Rookie

KillerFart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
I don't suppose anyone would know, but can you also edit what draft stories appear for each player?
I don’t think it goes that deep
Old 06-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #31
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
So, it doesn't sound like there is a randomizer like in 2K, but there is a draft projection modifier.

I am one of the guys that's been BEGGING for custom classes, but it will be annoying to use my own classes if I know exactly what ratings are / who the gems are etc.

I think I may build my own, but use other people's classes so that it will stay interesting.

Thoughts?
I have been looking forward to this feature as well and am disappointed in not having a randomization ability. Just a thought but what I plan on doing is making about a dozen draft classes at once and number them 1-12 and then using a dice roll to pick which class I use each year. If I mix up body types, archetypes, and abilities in each class as well as gems and busts having mirrors of each other I should be able to create fun drafts that I don't remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »