Home

EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #89
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Is it just me or do the shoulder pads need to be "streamlined" a bit better. It seems they are using older player models or something? idk? maybe its just me.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #90
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint said there has been no discussions of the sort going on.

Exact quote: I’m not sure of the source of that information, but as of now, we have not had any intentions of removing QB Signature animations.

I am not going to double post, but something I overlooked in the article, PI caused by RPM. If that stays the course, I've been asking that for years.
Its a good time for it because lately I've been caught cheating with the 18 refs flagging for PI. I even had a pick 6 called back against my buddy who thought it was going to be a holding call on him. I told him it was getting called back. He asked how I knew. I told him I bumped his WR off the path.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #91
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It is.
So big hits still sound more like PAWK than a BRACK? Why not just record real NFL hits and mimic it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #92
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Decided to post here about my overall impressions of M19 game play vs in each individual EA Play build game play thread. Let me preface this with I've noticed some comments about excessive negativity towards Madden and some will likely perceive my impressions the same way. However, I'm honestly not trying to be negative or positive about it, I'm just being real and trying my best to articulate my POV.

I won't go into specifics because none of it matters until the release build is out in August, so generally speaking, I see improvements, like I do most years but not enough to move the lacking perception of the overall product for me. The inconsistent good things I see happen in Madden, make the consistent issues all the more frustrating.

This time of year always reinforces the fact that gamers aren't the issue, the game and EA are because in spite of the history the last decade plus, all NFL gamers want to enjoy Madden, it just hasn't offered a cohesive enough football experience to do so.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 3

I gave up on Madden back in 2003 when I started playing 2k. I only went back to the game 2yrs ago because I missed playing NFL games. I'm really hoping for some positive words about 19 but it's so mixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #94
Pro

OVR: 4

I just haven't seen enough of a jump based on the madden 19 footage I've seen so far. I feel that I can get a similar experience playing my copy of madden 16. Every year I hear how 'madden xx is now much harder to run the ball.' Unless something drastic drops, I'll probably spend this year playing 2k5/2k8, and ncaa 14 to get my football game fix.

The madden series is screaming for player and coach tendencies. I would love to see some sort of player badge system like in the nba 2k games. There's a samey type feel in madden that becomes more obvious each and every year.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:08 AM   #95
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like I may go another year without buying Madden, I'm going to do just like I did with 18, play the EA Access version and see if it moves me to buy it, Madden 18 didn't and judging by these videos I doubt 19 will. Instead I'm going to pick up Fifa 19, PES 19 (buying soccer games for the first time ever), Live 19, and of course Nba 2K19. Too many other good games coming out to be wasting time on mediocre Madden.

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-18-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #96
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

It's very interesting that this year is the opposite of last, in terms of us seeing gameplay this early. Total blackout until really, really late last year.

You can argue about what their strategy is, in that the gameplay we are seeing is being hammered as well as praised at the same time. Here's hoping that EA is using us to vet out the bugs albeit for free. Seems to me they are very astute and eager for the community's reactions this year, whereas last year, they almost seemed afraid that showing us anything would taint the release.

EA is very hard to understand when it comes to logic sometimes, especially while pondering the above, we will still vent about the key legacy issues and franchise issues, and they still my not act on a ton of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »