Home

EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #33
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I remember back in the day playing vs the Colts and Peyton Manning. It seemed like 80% of the time he got up to 5he line he made a ton of audibles and it took up most of the play clock just like he would in real life. To me that was pretty awesome to see. Especially since not every quarterback did that.

I know that was legit and accurate but man i hated playing the Colts in the games that they had that in. I got to the point where i would always sim games against Manning cuz i couldn't stand how he would just waste the play clock on every play.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #34
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

showing an in game animation of the QB in the stat overlay during the QB game intro is a small but nice touch that some of us have asked for. Does this mean the rookie Qb's will now have an animation as well instead of the team logo?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #35
Rookie

Well unless they bring back the kinect and you yell out a code, that each receiver and lineman will understand, the next best thing is to change routes.

Also, i disagree about changing routes. You are correct that there are a lot of choice routes but there are plenty of instances where a route is altered at the line. Brady does it all the time. Usually a quick slant or a snap and throw to receiver standing at the LOS similar to a quick screen. In some instances, the rest of the team were expecting a run play and only reciever and QB knew of the change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Changing routes in a no huddle situation is unrealistic. Real NFL teams have simple code numbers or words for no huddle plays, the qb yells it out as they get to the line, and the ball is snapped ASAP.

In fact “hot routes” as done in Madden is rarely done in the NFL. Usually they are built in the play, and furthermore, a hot route isn’t just a changing of a route. It’s a hot read in the case of a blitz. I.e., your running back runs a rail route if the OLB blitzes and the qb immediately throws there.

There are instances where qbs will change the PLAY at the line, or call a modifier, but changing individual routes at the line? That’s as rare as a Marino fake spike.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's exactly the way I see it as well. They created this Madden ball, and now they're a prisoner to it. I'm just tired of the hybrid ball.
Exactly. They're a victim of their own creation. Because they got so far away from actual, you know, FOOTBALL - this nonsensical madden-ball mess was created. Absolutely ridiculous. That's why I always used to say that Madden was not really a football game, but simply a game BASED on the NFL that was a head to head competitive video game. They removed so much actual football from the game for so long that when they add something back in that is basic, they want a big pat on the back. While I applaud the effort for the positive changes, there is still a long way to go to simply "catch up", nevermind leading the way in anything whatsoever.

Everyone knows that the competitive guys will adapt no matter what gets put out there. This is a simulation football game. Either learn to play FOOTBALL, or play something else like Call of Duty. That's the initial stance - then provide OPTIONS to strip away the sim elements if these players should desire that. You don't start with the lowest common denominator first. That's the easy way out. The options available should allow players to scale down the simulation aspects, not the other way around. They've separated the game modes finally, now they need to use that.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #37
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Well unless they bring back the kinect and you yell out a code, that each receiver and lineman will understand, the next best thing is to change routes.

Also, i disagree about changing routes. You are correct that there are a lot of choice routes but there are plenty of instances where a route is altered at the line. Brady does it all the time. Usually a quick slant or a snap and throw to receiver standing at the LOS similar to a quick screen. In some instances, the rest of the team were expecting a run play and only reciever and QB knew of the change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Those are still a part of the original play call 99% of the time, practiced before hand in the off season at a minimum. Even when Brett Favre did it without coaching permission, he had pulled wrs aside in practice and told them if the dB was off and the run was away, to run a one step slant.

Getting to the line and arbitrarily changing routes doesn’t happen in the NFL but once in a blue moon. There are pre-agreed to signals based on previously discussed adjustments, but nothing like in Madden.

If we were shooting for a reasonable compromise between reality and video game, allowing ONE route change per play call ( not counting protection adjustments) would be it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 06-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

So I enter the thread to read about some “Gameplay” impressions and right on cue, it takes off in other directions/topics.

Where’s the gameplay impressions as to the title?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Those are still a part of the original play call 99% of the time, practiced before hand in the off season at a minimum. Even when Brett Favre did it without coaching permission, he had pulled wrs aside in practice and told them if the dB was off and the run was away, to run a one step slant.

Getting to the line and arbitrarily changing routes doesn’t happen in the NFL but once in a blue moon. There are pre-agreed to signals based on previously discussed adjustments, but nothing like in Madden.

If we were shooting for a reasonable compromise between reality and video game, allowing ONE route change per play call ( not counting protection adjustments) would be it.
People have gotten so used to Madden ball they wouldn't know what to do, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #40
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
So I enter the thread to read about some “Gameplay” impressions and right on cue, it takes off in other directions/topics.

Where’s the gameplay impressions as to the title?
A link to them is in the first post. Most of us are discussing some of the things brought up.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »