Home

EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #65
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I'm just hoping they build on to this for next year by adding a playbook knowledge rating that can influence how fast you can change things at the line, how fast you can change things in a no huddle. So someone like Brady can do it in a blink of an eye but say Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold would take longer and as they got better and progressed, would allow the hot routing and the animation to speed up the better the QB.

That way it would force people into developing their QB to make him better if they hate how long the animation takes. Then obviously, if you change schemes then playbook knowledge would drop until they can fully learn the playbook and scheme.

That is an awesome idea!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #66
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I'm just hoping they build on to this for next year by adding a playbook knowledge rating that can influence how fast you can change things at the line, how fast you can change things in a no huddle. So someone like Brady can do it in a blink of an eye but say Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold would take longer and as they got better and progressed, would allow the hot routing and the animation to speed up the better the QB.

That way it would force people into developing their QB to make him better if they hate how long the animation takes. Then obviously, if you change schemes then playbook knowledge would drop until they can fully learn the playbook and scheme.
Maybe tie AWR into how fast changes can be done and then a playbook knowledge rating into how much you can actually do.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #67
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
That would be a good compromise and something actually worth putting in the game. Only one route change per play. Could even be a option in game settings for onlune leagues. Unlimited changes or 1 change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I do agree that more options is better. Making the game more customization isn't usually a vice.

The only problem with this entire issue is that Madden offensive playbooks aren't nearly as complex as NFL playbooks (and if they were, goodbye defense, unless they also adjusted defense to be more realistic). But one thing's for sure- no one is changing five routes one at a time in the NFL. There are audibles and adjustments, and built in hot routes, protection changes and such, but none of this Madden Ball.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
On QB animations presnap - having played the game at EA PLAY, my impression is that the game is too slow at the line of scrimmage right now.

I'm absolutely not a competitive player and I also probably have one of the slowest offensive tempos of any Madden gamer on this board, and even I was finding the delay between "time I call an audible / hot route" to "time I get to do something else" aggravating. Watching Tom Brady running around behind the line like a madman barking out signals looks really cool, yes, but I also want to do all the things I've been doing pre-snap in Madden for the past twenty years. That muscle memory isn't going away, there's no gameplay reason for the delay, and there's nothing I can do as a user to reduce the delay, so the end result for me is borderline frustration.

When I talked to Clint about my impression, my takeaway from him was that animations would be adjusted (wrt length and speed), but that the feature was absolutely staying in the game because the presentation of the quarterback position is especially important to the team.
Basically you want to keep playing Madden ball.

But joking aside, the bold could be false. There could be a very obvious GAMEPLAY reason for this to be in the game: to limit the amount of time people have to EXPLOIT the game. I'm quite sure that's a big reason why they did it. Especially if they are looking to go the e-sport route.

And if it isn't a reason, it's a wonderful side effect.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #69
Rookie

Wait... Wait... Wait..!!! Did they just put in the fact that there would be a PC version of Madden at the end of this article?!?? How do you just slip that fact in so quietly..! That should have been the first thing you said, you JERKS!!!! :-D
Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Here is the thread you are looking for.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...scription.html
Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I don't know guys....the geeky, sim guy side of me is saying..."OMG, how cool would it be to be literally forced to have to call a timeout at the LOS because I don't have time for an audible?"

It puts a lot of pressure on your play-call in the huddle and in audible selection (remember that little feature they threw in mid-cycle for M18).

Frankly speaking, the more I consider this....the more I think it might be one of bigger game-changers they introduce this year.
Well part of the issue is that users do not like the plays to choose from so you have to change the routes. In real life, coaches will draw up their own plays. If we had that ability then i would be all for restricting route changes. The only way to create you own plays now is to alter routes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Well part of the issue is that users do not like the plays to choose from so you have to change the routes. In real life, coaches will draw up their own plays. If we had that ability then i would be all for restricting route changes. The only way to create you own plays now is to alter routes.

It’s not like Madden does a terrible job of real football route concepts. It just misses the pre and post-snap adjustments of the NFL in most cases (although it does have a few in some of the option routes).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »