Home

Interview with Clint

This is a discussion on Interview with Clint within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #73
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Interview with Clint

Man, well said
Old 06-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

First of all, if it's more sliders and toggles, that is fine, more options the better.

However, I feel that Tiburon would need to replace the legacy coding that is currently in place for more customization to work and that could take awhile.

History is a good predictor of the future and is quantifiable.

I just haven't seen any past evidence in EA games, especially Madden, that are as customized as NBA 2k.

Also, this isn't the time or place to directly or indirectly judge me on just posting on a forum.

So, in essence, I'm in favor of more options and customization, I just don't know to what extent Tiburon would be.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
First of all, if it's more sliders and toggles, that is fine, more options the better.

However, I feel that Tiburon would need to replace the legacy coding that is currently in place for more customization to work and that could take awhile.

I just haven't seen any past evidence in EA games, especially Madden, that are as customized as NBA 2k.

Also, this isn't the time or place to directly or indirectly judge me on just posting on a forum.

So, in essence, I'm in favor of more options and customization, I just don't know to what extent Tiburon would be.

I'm really curious as to what you were thinking we were asking for before if it wasn't just sliders/toggles?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding in terms of what customization meant. I mean sliders, toggles, rosters, coaches, tendencies, etc. Basically, everything we've already seen from sports titles made over the past few decades. Nothing cutting edge. And I couldn't agree more in terms of legacy coding. It's been my number 1, 2, and 3 request since the mess they made on previous gen consoles.

I certainly didnt intend to judge you, but rather to understand where your coming from. Your stance seemed odd, and I clearly wasn't the only one thrown off by it, so I figured I'd give you the chance to expand on it.

As for what Tiburon is willing to do about it all, I'd guess nothing. We're on a pretty solid streak of losing control, not gaining it. But I think that has more to do with complacency and poor use of the development cycle than any type of fiscal strategy. This is why we should all be in support of the idea. Help the devs, help us, help the devs, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm really curious as to what you were thinking we were asking for before if it wasn't just sliders/toggles?
Good question.

I've always been a proponent of more options in gaming, but I just have a feeling it's not a avenue that Tiburon will travel down all at once.

I would love to be proven wrong. I just don't think it will all happen overnight. Also, that legacy coding is bothersome. Throughout the years, a person hears that adding a line here, could cause a bug and you don't just here it from posters, either.

The draft customization is a good start and I'll probably use it in one of my franchises.

Last edited by roadman; 06-14-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding in terms of what customization meant. I mean sliders, toggles, rosters, coaches, tendencies, etc. Basically, everything we've already seen from sports titles made over the past few decades. Nothing cutting edge. And I couldn't agree more in terms of legacy coding. It's been my number 1, 2, and 3 request since the mess they made on previous gen consoles.

I certainly didnt intend to judge you, but rather to understand where your coming from. Your stance seemed odd, and I clearly wasn't the only one thrown off by it, so I figured I'd give you the chance to expand on it.

As for what Tiburon is willing to do about it all, I'd guess nothing. We're on a pretty solid streak of losing control, not gaining it. But I think that has more to do with complacency and poor use of the development cycle than any type of fiscal strategy. This is why we should all be in support of the idea. Help the devs, help us, help the devs, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it on the misunderstanding and that I will take the chin on.

Once I saw sliders and toggling, my eyes lit up.

I think presenting ideas was a great idea a decade or so ago, but now, I feel voices are heard better and quicker via Twitter. Just my take.

Last edited by roadman; 06-14-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it on the misunderstanding and that I will take the chin on.

Once I saw sliders and toggling, my eyes lit up.

I think presenting ideas was a great idea a decade or so ago, but now, I feel voices are heard better and quicker via Twitter. Just my take.

No doubt social media is the way to spread the word these days. The problem is the issues we raise here on OS are too hard to convey in such short messages. No one wants to read a user's ideas if it spans a 12 tweet chain, but you can't sit here and go into detail with what direction the franchise should take in 140 characters.

― Plato
Old 06-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
No doubt social media is the way to spread the word these days. The problem is the issues we raise here on OS are too hard to convey in such short messages. No one wants to read a user's ideas if it spans a 12 tweet chain, but you can't sit here and go into detail with what direction the franchise should take in 140 characters.
Actually, it is double that now.

Please add customizable sliders and toggles in the following areas, etc..........

Or get a list together and link the thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »