Home

Interview with Clint

This is a discussion on Interview with Clint within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Interview with Clint

Welcome back, great opinion.

All part of the transparency they have been discussing lately.

Last edited by roadman; 06-13-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Welcome back, great opinion.
I mean it’s true you listen to these guys every year talk about some of the most basic mechanics of the game like they’re some type of huge challange for them to get right and it just blows my mind. Clint stated in the interview “some of our passes come out a little lowe and anytime you tune trajectory you risk really messing up the game”

Lol....wtf is up with these poeple I mean seriously?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #11
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Great interview

Improved CPU QB play! It was my Madden 18 killer.

Also I thought 18 did the best job of the series in a long time, of separating good and bad QB's. So if they use the same formula... I'm good. When my backup was in, missed passes were common.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #12
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
The CPU QB AI was the main thing I pulled out of the interview. I think that the investment for the CPU vs Human crowd was pretty good this year game play wise between this and better CPU play calling and situational awareness.

I've seen this mentioned a few times on here about better cpu play calling and situational awareness, but is there an EA source for this or an article about it? I'm not doubting, I'd just like to hear more about it because that will add a lot to the game.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I've seen this mentioned a few times on here about better cpu play calling and situational awareness, but is there an EA source for this or an article about it? I'm not doubting, I'd just like to hear more about it because that will add a lot to the game.
I think it may have been in the Litezout video? I think that's the best public source for it.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #14
F17
Rookie

My issue with QB AI in M18 was that they were still near perfect at times. Saying that they will spot an open player quicker just to me says that they will hot the RB in the flat even quicker. Hope I am wrong on that you will see some of the playstyles come through. a bit more gun slinging etc, qbs that love a deep shot. not every one being Alex Smith (who I actually like)

With accuracy, I dont know how it works in SIM, but I would hope that it was a relatively simple process. Theres a ring around the WR that represents the accuracy. the higher the rating the smaller the ring. backfoot - less ball speed, larger circle. heavy pressure the same.

However, I dont think this is the case at all and inaccurate throws stem from dice rolls. which is why you dont get the passes just behind the wr, or too close to the body to RAC, or just off the fingertips. because its perfect or it is awful
Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Might just be me, but I cringed watching this interview. Every time I hear Clint say the words, "...but we realize that isn't fun", I get a little ill. Why would adding realistic football elements ever not be fun in an authentic NFL football game? It still baffles me to death how these guys just can't seem to understand that all you need to provide is options for the user to customize the game into their liking. The other sports games do it, Madden should too. Not to mention, you've now added three separate game modes to do just that, why aren't you utilizing that?

Why not just have the passing accuracy slider work? At 50 it plays precisely to the ratings of the QB. When you raise it, it adds a modifier to increase accuracy, vice versa when you lower it.

The other thing that drives me crazy about this dev team is how it seems like the same things get completely redone every year, which takes away the resources to do the 1 million other football elements still missing from Madden. How many times do we have to revisit passing trajectories and accuracy? They wasted however many man hours on that horrendous target passing last year, which no one asked for, and now that's gone. I mean, refining things every release is great and that is what should happen, but you don't want to keep rewriting these "systems" each year. We've been hearing about passing inaccuracies and trajectories since Madden 13. Those should be rock solid by now. It's no wonder Madden is a decade behind.

Hopefully Clint and his team can whip this stuff into shape sooner rather than later and we can start getting a meaty release of the game so we can actually feel like we have a complete game in a release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I’m excited to see some of the changes and improvements being made this year but lack of QB play improvements is disappointing. Out of all the positions in football Clint makes it sound like the QB position is where we’ll see the least amount of difference between players, most notably while user controlled. At the very least significantly lower the throw under pressure and an increase penalty for throwing of backfoot for lower tier QBs. Maybe even an anti clutch trait for QBs with low awareness?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »