Home

Interview with Clint

This is a discussion on Interview with Clint within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Do you think a real coach thinks it is fun when his starter goes down? He just deals with the cards that he's given. I don't know any coach who thinks it is "fun". Maybe that's a bad word to use, I dunno?
I think your language betrays what it is you want to convey. Injuries and making decisions based on them are not fun. They just happen to create a state of affairs where certain decisions that would not ordinarily be made are now required to be made.
That state of affairs is what makes it fun. You are dealing with a realistic element of professional football that real coaches/gms have to deal with as well. It adds an element of strategy and team management in order to build a deep team that can withstand attrition.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Do you think a real coach thinks it is fun when his starter goes down? He just deals with the cards that he's given. I don't know any coach who thinks it is "fun". Maybe that's a bad word to use, I dunno?
I think your language betrays what it is you want to convey. Injuries and making decisions based on them are not fun. They just happen to create a state of affairs where certain decisions that would not ordinarily be made are now required to be made.

Injuries already exist in Madden. Should we remove it because coaches don't like it, it's not fun for coaches?

Coaches don't like losing either (or ties). Should we remove that as well? It can't be fun, cause coaches don't like it. How do you make a football game without having a losing side.

Coaches don't like players regressing with age. Does that make regression in a football game not fun. Should we not have players regressing with age in Madden?

Yeah, I think it would be "fun" to have progressive and realistic injuries in Madden.

I really do luv ya lbz, but I can't agree with you on this.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As much as I love diving into player ratings, when I play FIFA I really enjoy the gameplay and atmosphere.

But the interest in dealing with the depth of player ratings at a “micro” level for this game is simply not there.

I just enjoy playing the game of FIFA at a “macro” level.

The same could be said for Madden.
There are a lot of CFM players that just want to play at a macro level without the deep chess match considerations.

Depending on time, I sometimes will fall into this group.
Nothing wrong with greater user customization though.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting a "macro" level. But why have a CFM if all you really want is to play the games? NBA2K has some deep control that you can also set almost everything to CPU AI. Then we'd both be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Injuries already exist in Madden. Should we remove it because coaches don't like it, it's not fun for coaches?

Coaches don't like losing either (or ties). Should we remove that as well? It can't be fun, cause coaches don't like it. How do you make a football game without having a losing side.

Coaches don't like players regressing with age. Does that make regression in a football game not fun. Should we not have players regressing with age in Madden?

Yeah, I think it would be "fun" to have progressive and realistic injuries in Madden.

I really do luv ya lbz, but I can't agree with you on this.
Who said anything about removing injuries? My only contention is that injuries, no matter whether we are talking about real life or digital football, I wouldn't describe it as fun. My contention has nothing to do with Madden but the description that has been given. No coach in real life thinks it's fun to have to make this decision and they certainly don't think this state of affairs is fun. Likewise, in the digital football world, when injuries to my team happen, I don't think it's fun. I just accept it as a state of affairs that require me to make a decision. I'm not necessarily criticizing the mechanic/state of affairs but rather the description of it. I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't have a realistic injury system in the game. In the end though I would never call it fun.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
That state of affairs is what makes it fun. You are dealing with a realistic element of professional football that real coaches/gms have to deal with as well. It adds an element of strategy and team management in order to build a deep team that can withstand attrition.
Giant and my point is just because something is realistic that doesn't necessarily make it fun, that just makes it what it is. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be in the game. It is a welcome addition to the game, but fun is just not a word I'd use to describe any of it.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-13-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Who said anything about removing injuries? My only contention is that injuries, no matter whether we are talking about real life or digital football, I wouldn't describe it as fun. My contention has nothing to do with Madden but the description that has been given. No coach in real life thinks it's fun to have to make this decision and they certainly don't think this state of affairs is fun. Likewise, in the digital football world, when injuries to my team happen, I don't think it's fun. I just accept it as a state of affairs that require me to make a decision. I'm not necessarily criticizing the mechanic/state of affairs but rather the description of it. I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't have a realistic injury system in the game. In the end though I would never call it fun.

OK, you don't think it's fun dealing with a realistic/progressive injury system in madden. That's fair. I do, or I would. I do in NBA2K.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
OK, you don't think it's fun dealing with a realistic/progressive injury system in madden. That's fair. I do, or I would. I do in NBA2K.
I sure don't, but that doesn't mean I think the game shouldn't have an injury system. Again, that I don't think it is fun doesn't mean I hate it or think it shouldn't be in the game. I just accept it as a thing that's neither fun or not fun, which is why I said I wouldn't use that word to describe it. The decisions I have to make based on it are strategic but that doesn't make anything about it fun.

When I hear fun, what immediately comes to my mind is something that people look forward to. Injuries are not something I look forward to. While I welcome the challenge of making a decision in their presence, I never look forward to them.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #40
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I sure don't, but that doesn't mean I think the game shouldn't have an injury system. Again, that I don't think it is fun doesn't mean I hate it or think it shouldn't be in the game. I just accept it as a thing that's neither fun or not fun, which is why I said I wouldn't use that word to describe it. The decisions I have to make based on it are strategic but that doesn't make anything about it fun.

When I hear fun, what immediately comes to my mind is something that people look forward to. Injuries are not something I look forward to. While I welcome the challenge of making a decision in their presence, I never look forward to them.
This is just semantics?

Maybe replacing the word 'fun' with ' interesting' or ' engaging' or dare I say it 'immersing ' ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »