Home

Interview with Clint

This is a discussion on Interview with Clint within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #49
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

Do we want real PED suspensions to deal with?

There has to be limits within reality for any game to be enjoyable for the most consumers possible.

The NFL wouldn't allow suspensions but yes please

To the second point that's why they need to provide customization options for as many aspects as possible

Provide as much authenticity as they possibly can squeeze into the mode and allow the consumer to cherry pick and modify their experience to cater to their own preference
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd take suspensions. Make it an on/off option and the expand on it with a frequency slider, maybe one for every position if you could. Out of the Park has players getting suspended for PED's and the majority of players love that feature. I love it as well.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #51
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'd take suspensions. Make it an on/off option and the expand on it with a frequency slider, maybe one for every position if you could. Out of the Park has players getting suspended for PED's and the majority of players love that feature. I love it as well.
Roger won't let them though anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #52
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
This is just semantics?

Maybe replacing the word 'fun' with ' interesting' or ' engaging' or dare I say it 'immersing ' ?
It really is. Nobody is asking for these things because the feature themselves are fun. If everything was put into that box hardly anything would ever make it into the game. Interceptions aren't fun, fumbles aren't fun, rejected trades aren't fun. You can have plenty of elements in your game that aren't fun and still be able to come to the conclusion that the game or that aspect of the game is fun. And of course for each game style it's going to be different. For competitive, fun is a fair game with minimal randomness where skill wins out. For simulation, fun is a game that is true to the sport and realistically replicates everything we see on Sunday. For Arcade, it's probably high scoring, big plays, big hits, etc.

I don't want an improved injury system or QB inaccuracies so I can get ecstatic when my QB or star RB goes down or when I overthrow a swing pass to my RB. I want it so I'll have to consider whether or not to draft that running back with 72 injury. Saying those things aren't fun is just a quick way to shoot them down that you can't really argue partly because it doesn't really have anything to do with why people would want to see them in the game in the first place.

I think a problem they have is that when they look for features or things to add, it has to be something considered fun for everybody. And what that does is severely limits the scope of what can or will be added and pretty much defeats the purpose of carving out three specific game styles meant to be able to separate fun from simulation and competitive.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #53
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
You would think that adding customization would be their number 1 priority and actually save them a lot of time in the end. They spend so much time tweaking and trying to figure out what action satisfies the highest percentage of users and ultimately a large group of people are upset.

They are adding cool new features but i get no sense they want to put the ball in our court with customization.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No way they’ll customize....they need yearly sales....if i could set up the game to my liking....with FULL customization (ie ratings/player editing)....why would i need to buy another game from them?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
No way they’ll customize....they need yearly sales....if i could set up the game to my liking....with FULL customization (ie ratings/player editing)....why would i need to buy another game from them?!

Funny, I just posted about this. But 2k seems to do just fine. So do management simulators. A good company that provides substantive improvements when releasing a game should have no problems marketing and selling their product. If they're genuinely avoiding customization for this reason, this game is in big, BIG trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #55
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Funny, I just posted about this. But 2k seems to do just fine. So do management simulators. A good company that provides substantive improvements when releasing a game should have no problems marketing and selling their product. If they're genuinely avoiding customization for this reason, this game is in big, BIG trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

I disagree. It’s the only NFL game in town

It will sell

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #56
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

Just as a for example, no amount of editing tools will get you to RPM in any previous Maddens, any reasonable improvement would still sell , just as it does now
Indeed allowing more customization and thus allowing people to enjoy the product in ways they like would probably drive sales rather than reduce them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »