Home

Interview with Clint

This is a discussion on Interview with Clint within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #57
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
I disagree. Its the only NFL game in town

It will sell


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree...

Doesn't "it will sell" completely undermine your previous point though? Not sure I follow...

Either the devs need to limit customization for sales, or they don't. It can't be both...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
kennypowers88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #58
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,820
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
I agree...

Doesn't "it will sell" completely undermine your previous point though? Not sure I follow...

Either the devs need to limit customization for sales, or they don't. It can't be both...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app


It would sell but....maybe retention of customer is diminished

Id buy a completely customizable game but...why would i need to keep buying future versions if i have complete customization?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.
K_GUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #59
Pro
 
briz1046's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
It would sell but....maybe retention of customer is diminished

Id buy a completely customizable game but...why would i need to keep buying future versions if i have complete customization?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they will always be able to add/ improve things that even full customisation can't do
briz1046 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
It would sell but....maybe retention of customer is diminished

Id buy a completely customizable game but...why would i need to keep buying future versions if i have complete customization?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same reason we buy other games that offer so much customization like NBA 2k or Out of the Park. They introduce new things to the game(that can also be customized) that are worthwhile and really add to the game making it easy to continue to support them and buying the new and improved game.


Maybe with Tiburon's past I can see where you are coming from. If they offered the customization we are asking for, but still only added to the game at the rate and quality they do now, it'd be hard to want to buy it yearly. If they were to give us the customization and were able to improve their games like other developers do that offer the customization, then they'd be getting big sales every year.


I buy NBA 2k and I don't even really follow basketball, but they allow so much customization and have such deep modes now, plus they add to their gameplay each year that I come back. MLB The Show doesn't do that and I don't buy it yearly despite baseball being my top 5 favorite sports before football, which I don't buy Madden yearly either.


Baseball
Football
Hockey
Basketball


That is how I'd rank the sports personally, yet here I am not having bought Madden in year, I don't buy The Show yearly anymore, and I buy NHL every other year at the moment, but I am playing NBA 2k. Why? Because they do what we are all asking for in this thread. Same reason why I buy Out of the Park every single year.
__________________
No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.


― Plato
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 PM   #61
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,775
Re: Interview with Clint

That's great that you do that, but not everyone thinks and buys like you do.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #62
MVP
 
SolidSquid's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I do not believe "realistic" football would be fun in a video game. I do however believe our "perception" of realistic football would be fun in a video game. That is where the issue lies.

Having to run a rushing play after a sack because my QB's arm is too sore to throw, isn't very fun, for example.
This would be so fun for me. Qb gets dinged on 2nd and 5, gets up holding his throwing shoulder. Do i run it on 3rd and long amd punt or try to throw with that weakened shoulder and risk an int
SolidSquid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #63
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This would be so fun for me. Qb gets dinged on 2nd and 5, gets up holding his throwing shoulder. Do i run it on 3rd and long amd punt or try to throw with that weakened shoulder and risk an int

Or call a timeout and bring in a backup for X number of plays.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #64
MVP
 
SolidSquid's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Interview with Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It is about language and that's important. Let me provide an example. When I run for a TD, Throw a bomb for a TD, make a game-saving tackle, or a game-saving interception, to me, that's fun. There is a sense of excitement for me in that.

I do not have the same reaction/response nor anticipation when an injury happens. I might respond more in the disappointing sense. I might say, "damn" or "F..." And then I ask a question that I do not ask about the above state of affairs. What do I do here? Who's the best replacement? Do I need to look into Free Agency? Will I need to make a trade? This is not the same sense that I've described above. So to use the same language is not accurate. So language matters.
True but for me and a lot of others here the second part of actually having to deal with the injury, find a fa, make a trade, sign my PS guy is just as fun as the former
SolidSquid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Top -