Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #105
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You are incorrect. I've been getting ready to create draft classes by analyzing 20 years worth of drafts.

The leaguewide average draftee is 22.9-ish by the start of the season (remember, ALL ages go up after the season, not on their birthday), very close to 23, and the first round skews toward 23-year-olds because the elite players tend to be upperclassmen. The default classes in '18 were almost spot-on as far as age. 24 year olds are not that rare. About half of 5th-year seniors come out at 24.
Haven't done any research so I'm just guessing ,but doesn't this vary by position? Also aren't many juniors that come out predominantly in the earlier rounds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #106
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Regarding the Custom Draft Classes, I wish that there was a middle ground between totally random and knowing everything that there is to know ahead of time.

I'd like to be able to change the players' names, faces, ages and school without actually seeing their abilities, and have to unlock those later through the scouting process. That way you could have the real life players, but still enjoy that part of the GM process as well (which is one of my favorites).
Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #107
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
24 year olds are not that rare.

in the last 10 drafts, looking at the top 10 picks, there is just 4 total 24 year olds

in the screenshot we are shown theres 3 in the top 7 picks of that draft

yes its a small sample size and all but to me thats way too many
Old 06-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #108
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
They had this a couple years ago, or at least they said they did. It was something about footwork/strength (somebody help me out with this) where one was for blocking against finesse moves the other for power moves. Then they took the code out after a year or two and left the attributes/ratings in that effected overall but apparently did nothing on the field. Until they took the attributes away. So this isn't some new feature.
Certainly the ratings were in the game for a number of years , and the last couple did nothing in gameplay , not sure if they ever did or if it was a mechanic that they never got to work

Has me thinking now though , is it a certainty these new ratings pertain to gameplay? , or are they just in the game as the basis for the archetype/ scheme fit system ?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #109
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I wish we could start a Franchise in the offseason.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #110
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Haven't done any research so I'm just guessing ,but doesn't this vary by position? Also aren't many juniors that come out predominantly in the earlier rounds?
In most real life draft classes, anyone over 23 is rare. And many of those guys are low rated and get drafted in the 6th and 7th rounds. Age 23 players are not rare, but the majority of the guys are 21 or 22.

In the past 2018 draft, here's the breakdown of the first round by age:

25 - 1. TE Hurst who played baseball before doing college football

24 - 1. OT McGlinchey, who seems to have been 20 years old as a college freshman for some reason

23 - 4

22 - 9

21 - 15

20 - 1
Old 06-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #111
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I love it!

BUT, what is up with the abundance of 23-24 year old rookies. It's right there on the screenshot. How do they not fix this? It's so simple. They should be 23 at the very latest, with most being 21-22. Some even 20!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
in the last 10 drafts, looking at the top 10 picks, there is just 4 total 24 year olds

in the screenshot we are shown theres 3 in the top 7 picks of that draft

yes its a small sample size and all but to me thats way too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Disregard that post, I opened the wrong spreadsheet and was using bad data. It was from a previous false start in analyzing the draft classes.

EDIT: Ok, I'll actually put this in digestible form soon so other people can use it create classes, but here's why my 24 yo number came out so high. The reason that data was invalid is because some of it was converted for use, some of it was raw data.

I adjusted ages to the start of the season, but the average was based on the raw numbers.

Here's why; there are 6 months between the draft and the start of the NFL season. That means half of the 23 year olds will turn 24, half of the 22 year olds will turn 23.

Madden advances ages at season end, so what really matters is how old these players will be at the start of the season. A guy drafted at 23 in real life who turns 24 in July should be counted as 24 in Madden since his age won't be advanced until the end of that season.

So my original post was essentially accurate.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-14-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #112
Rookie

adelfish's Arena

OVR: 29

Disappointed that we get nothing about free agency - it seems as though more of the choices and updates made are with Offline CFM in mind before Online CFM, where there shouldn't be a disconnect - it should all be fluid.

The points system in free agency kills immersion, everyone snipes as the advance window closes, we even had to create a random advance window to try and stop that from happening (but if you aren't on the console near advance, you're screwed!).

Also not thrilled with the custom draft classes - no randomization, no way for us to do this without the commissioner being accused of cheating or collusion. I know Shop says in his tweets 'get a better commissioner', but in our league we've been together since 2012, and no matter how close of a group you have, nobody is thrilled at the idea of 1 person knowing every player inside and out.

Game Broadcasts:http://www.twitch.tv/adelfish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »