Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #113
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Solid blog but definitely missing a "wow" factor. I liked the coaches/players interaction and immersive office -- that's cool.

I LOVE the ability to edit draft classes at any time of the season post week-3. That's great.

As a PC gamer, Madden will be an instant-buy just for the fact that it's back on PC.

But definitely feels like we're missing a "big" piece of news that they're not including here -- so either they overhyped the blog and under-delivered (likely) or there's more to come (possible).

Still, stoked for this entry -- first time in a long-time that Madden has my attention (in a good way).
Old 06-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #114
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Disregard that post, I opened the wrong spreadsheet and was using bad data. It was from a previous false start in analyzing the draft classes.

EDIT: Ok, I'll actually put this in digestible form soon so other people can use it create classes, but here's why my 24 yo number came out so high. The reason that data was invalid is because some of it was converted for use, some of it was raw data.

I adjusted ages to the start of the season, but the average was based on the raw numbers.

Here's why; there are 6 months between the draft and the start of the NFL season. That means half of the 23 year olds will turn 24, half of the 22 year olds will turn 23.

Madden advances ages at season end, so what really matters is how old these players will be at the start of the season. A guy drafted at 23 in real life who turns 24 in July should be counted as 24 in Madden since his age won't be advanced until the end of that season.

So my original post was essentially accurate.
That makes sense. I believe that the NFL uses the player's age as of Week 1 or September 1 as their official age for that season. Thats generally how I look at it. Either way, there aren't a lot of guys picked in the first few rounds who are 24 or older their rookie season.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 2

I hope that there still is more to come. I knew that we wouldn’t get anything new in the blog, so not disappointed. Seems like a lot of the things are moving in the right direction, but it is still missing the immersion factor from what I can tell. Maybe 20 will deliver and get me back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #116
Educated Fool

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I like it all. Pumped to play.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
O-Lineman will have an attribute for pass blocking against power moves and an attribute for pass blocking finesse moves.

Now if you have a guy who is great with power moves you can beat a lineman that may have low power move defense, but high finesse move blocking.

This is really cool.. Now you can gameplan which pass rusher you want to attack each lineman.. Am I the only one impressed?
Happy they’ve finally revealed those hidden Poor, Avg, Good, Elite Tier ranges for each rating established in the game build.

How useful is this....

A) Allows roster editor to further expand the Player Differentiation gap by...
1) move more players further away from the “Balanced” abilities into greater “Specialized” roles (see OVR’s by Type in pic)

2) this is the 1st thing I will do to expand Roles further
- most players will fulfill (1) Role
- a few may will fulfill (2) Roles
- (3+) Roles reserved for those “very rare” players (ie Mack, Brady, Bell etc...)

B) you can use the (Poor/Avg/Good/Elite) to designate...
1) Tier Levels within that Rating

So yes, this is another layer of depth/immersion added that a lot of folk might not consider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CC1080F2-9611-4C68-8D18-C0839471B3FB.jpeg (82.8 KB, 185 views)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 5

Forgot to mention editing the draft classes. I don't care, but for many this is really big.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #119
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I feel like with the scheme fit, new ratings, RPM, the tacking momentum system & physics, getting players that fit what you want to do will actually matter. It's going to be interesting to see if Users will still draft the 95 speed guy who is a 66 archetype in scheme, because, Madden, Speed.
I was just thinking about this and I doubt it. This archetype seems like little more than something cosmetic. Correct me if I'm wrong but it has zero impact on the field? It just allows them to progress faster if they fit the scheme?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I was just thinking about this and I doubt it. This archetype seems like little more than something cosmetic. Correct me if I'm wrong but it has zero impact on the field? It just allows them to progress faster if they fit the scheme?
Archetypes are similar to the old OVR formula looking at attributes and telling you how this player best fits in roles. Now with that said when you add in scheme the idea is to prompt users to pick a game plan and get players top be in it correctly. It still needs some improvement but it is a first step into deeper team building with added xp bonuses (which lead to xp, and therefor on field improvements) for doing so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »