Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
So if I am better than the AI and doing quite well, my players dev trait bumps up and my team overall will improve faster than the league and before you know it, my team is stacked and games will get even more imbalanced.

I hope EA has made it so that, yes you can improve the dev trait from time to time, but it really hard and pretty rare.
Itís noted that SS Trait is done to be really hard to achieve and maintain.

If you start your CFM with default roster it will be unbalanced from the start as as players are usually rated on the high end.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #154
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You misunderstand me. We're not in disagreement as far as CFM needing more.

What I'm saying is that, on the whole, people were really happy with the franchise additions back when it was an external article. When that article is expanded on in an EA article, people are hating on it. Same info, different reaction.

We knew 2 weeks ago what this article was going to be. I guess people really had their heart set on having some final surprise, but that doesn't mean what you were happy about 2 weeks ago suddenly sucks.

Now maybe you're one of those who **** on the original article, and that's fine. If you're not happy, you're not happy, I get it. I'm criticizing those who are changing their tune just because this article reiterated what we knew before. I think most of us who are honest with ourselves expected that.

I think people actually expected more in this blog. People were excited about the initial news that came out, but the fact that this blog is just everything we already knew is a bit disappointing.

Myself and others expected more things in this blog than what we already knew. Thatís where all the animosity is coming from IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #155
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Not real impressed. There are some things that improve it, but not enough.
Might wait another year for getting Madden.

Draft Classes will be nice, but otherwise comparing to NBA 2K, I feel this is so basic.

I was hoping for more of a Rebuilt Franchise mode with customization, as well as news of my players and league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #156
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

The more I read about these additions the more shallow they seem to be (which we should all be used to coming from EA) just have to hope they actually continue to build on them.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #157
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
5) Ratings don't change as we move them from one type to another, right?
This is where I have a question as well. If the player's ratings remain the same regardless, then what is the point of archetypes? It seems to me like each archetype is just a different variation of the OVR formula with certain attributes being weighted differently for each type. So I'm not sure exactly how this impacts anything on the field. I get the scheme fit part of it, QBs will excel/struggle depending on whether the playbook suits their play style, but it doesn't change their throw power, throw on run, etc. Most people already choose players based on their specific ratings rather than the raw overall to fit the type of offense/defense they want to run. (We know not to sign Matt Ryan in a scrambling QB offense). This makes the archetype feature feel like a set of recommendations for new-to-franchise users.

I know OVR is important in simmed games, and that is a direct effect of the system.

Lastly, I don't mean to be negative or bash the game...just trying to understand. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: For an example, Deshaun Watson is a 79 in Bill O'Brien's offense which favors a Field General QB. So let's say I change the offense to one that favors a scrambler. Watson moves up to 82, but does any of that effect how Watson plays when I use him in a game?

Maybe the answer is AWR? If there is a significant AWR boost, that might change things. We have read before where CPU defender ability is affected by User QB AWR.

Last edited by Other Guy; 06-14-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 0

For a bit of context, here is the 2k18 "franchise blog". The blog they released when they first overhauled the mode was a short novel. I'd imagine it was longer than every franchise blog from the past decade put together.

We really, really shouldn't be okay with the state of this mode.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-myleague/amp/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #159
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
This is where I have a question as well. If the player's ratings remain the same regardless, then what is the point of archetypes? It seems to me like each archetype is just a different variation of the OVR formula with certain attributes being weighted differently for each type. So I'm not sure exactly how this impacts anything on the field. I get the scheme fit part of it, QBs will excel/struggle depending on whether the playbook suits their play style, but it doesn't change their throw power, throw on run, etc. Most people already choose players based on their specific ratings rather than the raw overall to fit the type of offense/defense they want to run. (We know not to sign Matt Ryan in a scrambling QB offense). This makes the archetype feature feel like a set of recommendations for new-to-franchise users.

I know OVR is important in simmed games, and that is a direct effect of the system.

Lastly, I don't mean to be negative or bash the game...just trying to understand. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.
The archetypes will each have a different OVR based on the players ratings and the formula for that archetype. The archetypes also dictate what attributes progress for a player when you apply a skill point. So if you apply a skill point for a running back to the power back archetype, he's going to randomly go up in things like trucking, break tackle, etc. If you apply it to receiving back, there's no way he's going up in those type of attributes.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #160
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

My question is, if a guy is playing in an offense where there isn't a scheme fit does he play with the lower overall rating??

Here's what I mean. If Derrick Henry plays in an offense geared to receiving backs does he play with his natural power back 84 OVR or his receiving back 68 OVR?

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »