Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #161
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
This is where I have a question as well. If the player's ratings remain the same regardless, then what is the point of archetypes? It seems to me like each archetype is just a different variation of the OVR formula with certain attributes being weighted differently for each type. So I'm not sure exactly how this impacts anything on the field. I get the scheme fit part of it, QBs will excel/struggle depending on whether the playbook suits their play style, but it doesn't change their throw power, throw on run, etc. Most people already choose players based on their specific ratings rather than the raw overall to fit the type of offense/defense they want to run. (We know not to sign Matt Ryan in a scrambling QB offense). This makes the archetype feature feel like a set of recommendations for new-to-franchise users.

I know OVR is important in simmed games, and that is a direct effect of the system.

Lastly, I don't mean to be negative or bash the game...just trying to understand. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: For an example, Deshaun Watson is a 79 in Bill O'Brien's offense which favors a Field General QB. So let's say I change the offense to one that favors a scrambler. Watson moves up to 82, but does any of that effect how Watson plays when I use him in a game?

Maybe the answer is AWR? If there is a significant AWR boost, that might change things. We have read before where CPU defender ability is affected by User QB AWR.
No, it does not. None of his individual ratings change. Overall is nothing but a calculation using the individual attributes. Changing archetypes does nothing other than alter the equation to assign different weights to different attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
My question is, if a guy is playing in an offense where there isn't a scheme fit does he play with the lower overall rating??

Here's what I mean. If Derrick Henry plays in an offense geared to receiving backs does he play with his natural power back 84 OVR or his receiving back 68 OVR?



Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
There is no difference between the two. Overall has no effect on gameplay guys.


Look guys the player archetype and previous player type systems serve two purposes:
1. Assist the AI in building a team. AI controlled teams chase overalls, this system changes overall ratings to tell AI controlled teams who to chase

2. Assist the user in building their own team. Some gamers are just like the AI and chase overalls. I personally don't like how it does this because it goes beyond holding the user's hand and it spoon feeds them everything. I prefer a system where the user has to do more of the leg work in building a team. It would make offline more enjoyable and make online CFMs more dynamic

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 06-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #162
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
My question is, if a guy is playing in an offense where there isn't a scheme fit does he play with the lower overall rating??

Here's what I mean. If Derrick Henry plays in an offense geared to receiving backs does he play with his natural power back 84 OVR or his receiving back 68 OVR?



Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I assume there will be no difference in the player. The difference will be that you will not have the play selection to run him in between the tackles. A majority of the plays will be about getting him the in the open field and splitting him out wide as a receiver.

That is at least how I hope it turns out. If you can virtually do all the same plays and the players play the same then the scheme type will really not mean much.
jsteele14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #163
MVP
 
scitychamps87's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I assume there will be no difference in the player. The difference will be that you will not have the play selection to run him in between the tackles. A majority of the plays will be about getting him the in the open field and splitting him out wide as a receiver.

That is at least how I hope it turns out. If you can virtually do all the same plays and the players play the same then the scheme type will really not mean much.
That's what I was getting at. I want scheme to mean something.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
PITTSBURGH PROUD
--6 Time Super Bowl Champions--
--5 Time World Series Champions--
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
scitychamps87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:25 PM   #164
MVP
 
DeuceDouglas's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
EDIT: For an example, Deshaun Watson is a 79 in Bill O'Brien's offense which favors a Field General QB. So let's say I change the offense to one that favors a scrambler. Watson moves up to 82, but does any of that effect how Watson plays when I use him in a game?

Maybe the answer is AWR? If there is a significant AWR boost, that might change things. We have read before where CPU defender ability is affected by User QB AWR.
So in this case none of his ratings are going to change and it's a lot like the older player type in that, to use your Watson example, he'll have an OVR for each archetype so he might be an 82 for scrambling, 79 for Field General, 78 for Strong Arm, etc. Whatever is highest is going to dictate his perfect scheme fit for the XP boost. And as far as I understand whatever is highest is what will be displayed on the front-end at least. So basically by changing the offense to fit the scrambler you'll now get the XP boost for Watson since it will be a perfect scheme fit but all of his ratings will stay the same.
DeuceDouglas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #165
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
So in this case none of his ratings are going to change and it's a lot like the older player type in that, to use your Watson example, he'll have an OVR for each archetype so he might be an 82 for scrambling, 79 for Field General, 78 for Strong Arm, etc. Whatever is highest is going to dictate his perfect scheme fit for the XP boost. And as far as I understand whatever is highest is what will be displayed on the front-end at least. So basically by changing the offense to fit the scrambler you'll now get the XP boost for Watson since it will be a perfect scheme fit but all of his ratings will stay the same.
It is a decent foundation to start from. It just needs to be fleshed and and deepened. Can we expect some depth to be added through patches or is that out of the realm of a patch?
jsteele14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #166
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I assume there will be no difference in the player. The difference will be that you will not have the play selection to run him in between the tackles. A majority of the plays will be about getting him the in the open field and splitting him out wide as a receiver.

That is at least how I hope it turns out. If you can virtually do all the same plays and the players play the same then the scheme type will really not mean much.
I am about 99.9% sure you are wrong on the bolded. Playbooks determine plays.

Come on guys, did you play the previous Maddens with the different player types? Its the same thing, only now you get xp boosts when player type and scheme match. That is really the only difference. This is nothing more than a rebranding and repackaging.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #167
10/22/21
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 12,360
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Oftentimes there’s this quick reaction to pounce on an aspect of the game and ask the devs to altar that aspect before some critical thinking dealing with the OVR picture.

This actually works in favor of of another layer of the Team Managment decision making.
1) They use “Age” as a component of Regression.
- some POS start the regression around age 26.

If it’s one of those positions where age 26 is the cliff, you now must decide if 2 yrs is worth a draft pick, esp a high one, on a player who will hit that decline cliff faster than a younger lower rated player needing development.

You know how folks are enamoured with high OVR/ratings, so they think they hit it big by drafting that 24 yr old 83 OVR Power Back with a 1st Rd contract, not realizing he’s hitting that decline cliff in 2 yrs.
- ratings start to dip
- injury factor is increased
- etc...

Never mind that 21 yr old scouted 4th Rd RB, that could’ve been developed.

Again, another layer dealing with decision making.
I like it.

Another thing is this may be a way of cycling players out as 430 new players come in every new draft.
I'm open to admitting that my request may be misguided. Seeing adembroski's hard data, I can step back and understand why they wouldn't change it, so I'm satisfied.
__________________
Quote:
Jordan Mychal Lemos
@crypticjordan

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #168
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
My question is, if a guy is playing in an offense where there isn't a scheme fit does he play with the lower overall rating??

Here's what I mean. If Derrick Henry plays in an offense geared to receiving backs does he play with his natural power back 84 OVR or his receiving back 68 OVR?



Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
He would be the 68 and lower on the depth chart not being utilized = not hitting goals = Confidence + Dev Trait falling = not slowing the regression being applied = some ratings start to decline.
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Top -