Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #177
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I wonder if they wouldn't sign him in free agency. Is the AI aware of their own schemes?

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
CPU will draft and approach FA with scheme in mind.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #178
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm not sure, but GameInformer published an article saying that "players will come out on stage and even strike a pose". That doesn't seem to be the case based on this blog though.
The blog says you’ll see your new draft pick in his uniform. That’s vague. It doesn’t rule in or out the player walking onto the stage so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about anyone like Ben Haumiller lying, there’s every chance that the pick walks out. That said, it would be nice if the pick walked out and put the cap on and held the jersey up. Hopefully they don’t appear in their full game day uniform.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-15-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #179
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

What is to stop me from setting my scheme to 4-3 then using a 3-4 playbook just to get the xp boost for my players?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #180
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

This is definitely a wait and see for me before I decide if I'm buying this years. Without them fixing the cpu roster management and contracts I can't get excited to buy it, but who knows maybe I'll get the itch to play once football season gets here. Right now the plan is to keep on truckin with 18 if I get the urge to play
Old 06-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #181
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
CPU will draft and approach FA with scheme in mind.
But indirectly I believe.

The AI will not draft because it needs player x for its scheme. It chases the highest overalls, and the scheme system is a way to manipulate overalls.

You could say I'm being pedantic, but take a look at the West Coast Zone Run scheme fit from the blog. It says they want possession WRs for that system. That is for all WRs.

All teams, regardless of system, want that one home run type player. A guy to take the top of the defense even if it is just to open up the shallow stuff a little more.

Whereas in real life a team that has 2 possession WRs would probably be interested in acquiring some speed, in Madden they will continue looking for possession WRs simply because those players will have higher overalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #182
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The blog says youíll see your new draft pick in his uniform. Thatís vague. It doesnít rule in or our the player walking onto the stage so I wouldnít jump to conclusions about anyone like Ben Haumiller lying, thereís every chance that the pick walks out. That said, it would be nice if the pick walked out and put the cap on and held the jersey up. Hopefully they donít appear in their full game day uniform.
Judging from the screenshot, that is exactly what they will do

Old 06-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
He would be the 68 and lower on the depth chart not being utilized = not hitting goals = Confidence + Dev Trait falling = not slowing the regression being applied = some ratings start to decline.
This is how the AI will do it. A human player will know how good a player really is based on a few key qualities they prefer and start the player regardless of overall. They will then choose the scheme that correlates with the youngest players they want to boost that fastest and then change is the following year to boost the next crop of players the fastest.

I think the playbook should be tied to the scheme to prevent tje constant scheme changing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
This is how the AI will do it. A human player will know how good a player really is based on a few key qualities they prefer and start the player regardless of overall. They will then choose the scheme that correlates with the youngest players they want to boost that fastest and then change is the following year to boost the next crop of players the fastest.

I think the playbook should be tied to the scheme to prevent tje constant scheme changing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If people want to cheat themselves they always will. Those same people could just crank XP sliders up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »