Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #201
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Are you saying that under the hood tweaks have been made to CPU AI, but haven't been communicated yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Uh, yeah. These blogs are more about features they can sell...not every little thing they tweaked.

I mean heck, the biggest thing for me is that they apparently squashed a bug that was calling all the four vert calls by the cpu. That isn’t going to be in a blog or deep dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #202
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They're still in. XP isn't used to directly upgrade attributes but it's still used as a means to acquire the skill points.

Which means I've got myself some more work to do this year lol.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #203
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Late to respond, but some quick thoughts.

1. Basically a recap with some more details about the stuff we knew we were getting from E3 and game former article. Based on people’s comments in the thread that franchise blog comes out Thursday (basically a ton of wishlist posts in there) people were disappointed. Especially since nothing else was mentioned or their initial thoughts on a feature wasn’t what they thought

2. Sorry since I feel like I bring this up all the time but I had to laugh a little when they talk about the immersion level. “We’re unleashing the power of Frostbite in Franchise with the addition of immersive environments. While playing as a coach or owner, you’ll be exploring your coach’s office. If your coach has won a Super Bowl, you’ll see a Lombardi trophy on the shelf. Head to a locker room environment to interact with your players.”

It’s a nice touch to have a Super Bowl trophy in your office but to me that wouldn’t be unleashing the power of frostbite. Or having your coach just sit in the office as a background.

Also for me playing offline cfm. Snapshots are not significant. If the game took some and saved them or did random ones from other games (and added storylines) I’d be a little higher on them. But i probably won’t build my own snapchats to go the background.

3. Every year I get pretty excited for the release of madden info and each year I feel underwhelmed. But most of the big ticket items I don’t use (custom draft classes for example).

It wasn’t in this blog but I am happy to hear about CPU AI being better.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #204
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Uh, yeah. These blogs are more about features they can sell...not every little thing they tweaked.

I mean heck, the biggest thing for me is that they apparently squashed a bug that was calling all the four vert calls by the cpu. That isn’t going to be in a blog or deep dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would love a blog on how they fixed cpu ai. Would be interesting what they thought were some big issues. And how it will change.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #205
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm a coach mode guy by year 3. Madden keeps me entertained up until then and what keeps me tied into the same franchise is letting my drafted players grow as I sit back and enjoy. This kills my hope for improvement in that area; but overall, I'm happy we are getting some love.

Praying CPU intelligence is trending up each year by leaps and bounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Wouldn’t work, you would be back on here screaming “Broke” feature if Dev Trait was tied to Auto random generated Injuries.
- something user has absolutely no say in

Looking past the AI side of things, this places the burden upon you as the “Usered” QB to perform gameplay wise to maintain the player at whatever level he’s at.
- If Goff loses that Superstar Dev Trait, it’s because you as the User, simply stunk up the joint with your play.

When we User a player, we are in control and our input/performance has to be considered in some way
- unless you’re a Coach Mode player

I wouldn’t be concerned.

Hopefully you can find ways to simply enjoy the game/CFM for what it is right now.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 06-14-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #206
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I would love a blog on how they fixed cpu ai. Would be interesting what they thought were some big issues. And how it will change.
I think you're more likely to see something like that in a twitter exchange with Clint Oldenburg than in a full-blown blog post.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #207
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I think you're more likely to see something like that in a twitter exchange with Clint Oldenburg than in a full-blown blog post.
Probably right but as an offline gamer cpu play calling is one of my biggest negatives. I remember the days of the cpu calling time outs exactly at 1:01 regardless of the situation. Or not running the clock out. All those things. Plus running 4 verts too much.

Wouldn’t have to be an entire deep dive but easily could be a bullet point in one of them.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #208
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Which means I've got myself some more work to do this year lol.
Your XP slider are always great and now they won't be undermined by the offensive lineman Pro Bowl Bug.(that I was shamefully too weak not to take advantage of)

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »