Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #209
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Well just try to kill his excitement why don't ya lol

But not to mention the situation that khalib described already takes place with the current Madden. This doesn't offer anything new on that front.

And looks like you won't be seeing any teams use a 2 back Thunder and Lightning style system.

Honestly the things that guys like me and armor wanted, greater personality from team to team, I think this system hurts that and sets it back instead of adding to it.
I think this is great, but only If they build on it. They could add dynamic schemes to utilize diverse offenses/defenses or tie them to certain coaches. Ijs, if we hammer them on expanding this, this could be the start of something beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #210
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Uh, yeah. These blogs are more about features they can sell...not every little thing they tweaked.

I mean heck, the biggest thing for me is that they apparently squashed a bug that was calling all the four vert calls by the cpu. That isn’t going to be in a blog or deep dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Just to be clear, I'm talking about roster management CPU AI. But if that has been fixed, I see no reason not to say so in the blog. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it's been handled in the past. I'd be quite surprised if contracts, trade logic, etc were at all touched at this point outside of the inclusion of the new schemes. I'd love to be wrong though.

If the blogs aren't for in depth details, what is? I thought marketable features were for the back of the box and fancy videos.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #211
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The blog says you’ll see your new draft pick in his uniform. That’s vague. It doesn’t rule in or our the player walking onto the stage so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about anyone like Ben Haumiller lying, there’s every chance that the pick walks out. That said, it would be nice if the pick walked out and put the cap on and held the jersey up. Hopefully they don’t appear in their full game day uniform.

I would tend to agree, and I don’t want to call him a liar, but it does seem like that one picture in the blog is depicting what they’re talking about, and it’s the player in pads and jersey and everything instead of what you’re describing, which is what I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #212
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Probably right but as an offline gamer cpu play calling is one of my biggest negatives. I remember the days of the cpu calling time outs exactly at 1:01 regardless of the situation. Or not running the clock out. All those things. Plus running 4 verts too much.

Wouldn’t have to be an entire deep dive but easily could be a bullet point in one of them.
Remember the days? You mean Madden 18? Lol.

But I've heard it referred to as a bug but I'm pretty sure they just finally dug into the gameplans and figured out that teams were only allotted 20 plays per situation. I don't doubt that there was a bug in there where sometimes plays would get called from a different situation but I believe for the most part CPU playcalling was always working as intended, it's just that the gameplans were really, really bad with how limiting and basic they were.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
OK, here we go... the real breakdown.

This is using START OF ROOKIE SEASON ages, not draft-day ages, because as far as Madden's aging system goes, the draft and the first game of the season might as well be the same day.

Sample Used: All drafted players who made a 53 man roster, 1995-2017 NFL drafts.
Mean drafted age: 23.20
Median drafted age: 23
Players drafted, 24+ yo: 1,137 (37.1%)
Players drafted, 23 yo: 1,226 (40.0%)
Players drafted, 22 yo: 596 (19.5%)
Players drafted, 21 yo: 100 (3.3%)
Players drafted, 20 yo: 4 (0.13%)

No player has ever been drafted at 19 that wasn't 20 by the time the season started. An average of 84 players drafted per year never made a squad, and thus are not included in these numbers. 235 players that are over the age of 24 are included in the 24+ category, but their actual ages are used to determine mean and median draft age.

1995-2017 was chosen because it represents the start of the Free Agency era and the modern draft format until the most recent draft when this data was collected.

Note that these numbers would regress downward if using a smaller sample with more recent drafts, which I will post when I finalize all of the work I'm doing here, but it's not by a ton, and more importantly, it's not a continuing trend. Lower classmen entering the draft has increased since 1995, but it has since stabilized. Again, more data to come probably in late July.

TL: DR version- Madden's draft ages are just fine.
@adembroski

You didn't break down the numbers enough. How the NFL draft IRL really works is generally younger players get drafted in the earlier rounds and older guys get drafted in the later rounds. Cause if a guy is good enough to get drafted rounds 1-2 he typically comes out early. When you look at the draft as a whole, that drags the median back some. I ran the numbers last fall comparing Madden draft classes vs real life but lost the spreadsheet so I'm gonna do it all again.

Alright, done. Here's the final results in a spreadsheet. This uses 10 draft classes from Madden and the last 10 real life draft classes (2008-2017) as a comparison.

As you can see, there's a dramatic difference between the early rounds and the late rounds. This is what Madden fails to replicate as they have 24 year olds littered throughout the first few rounds and not nearly enough 21 year olds in the first two rounds.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #214
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

So now that it's here, I'll ask again guys:

With the Archetypes, are the lower rated players going to see some love due to specializing in a specific Archetype?

If we have an 80 Ovr RB coming out of the draft.
5'10, 205lb absolute whirlwind with a 92 Elusive Back Archetype, yet 70s in others.

Then we have this 90 Ovr RB that is serviceable in all 3 RB Archetypes; being an 83 in all of them.

If the CPU has a scheme that is in dire need of a scat back, will they scoop up the 80vovr guy for his elusivness? Or will they just say "OMG there is another 90 overall boys, let's grab 'em!!"?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #215
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
So if I am better than the AI and doing quite well, my players dev trait bumps up and my team overall will improve faster than the league and before you know it, my team is stacked and games will get even more imbalanced.

I hope EA has made it so that, yes you can improve the dev trait from time to time, but it really hard and pretty rare.

Dynamic Dev has been in the game the last two years. It's never been over powered before and I doubt it will be that much different now. All we have at the moment is speculation though so I don't think anybody should get too worked up over it just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #216
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
So now that it's here, I'll ask again guys:

With the Archetypes, are the lower rated players going to see some love due to specializing in a specific Archetype?

If we have an 80 Ovr RB coming out of the draft.
5'10, 205lb absolute whirlwind with a 92 Elusive Back Archetype, yet 70s in others.

Then we have this 90 Ovr RB that is serviceable in all 3 RB Archetypes; being an 83 in all of them.

If the CPU has a scheme that is in dire need of a scat back, will they scoop up the 80vovr guy for his elusivness? Or will they just say "OMG there is another 90 overall boys, let's grab 'em!!"?
The Overall is now determined by the Archetype, so that 80 OVR back would be an 80 because is Elusive Back Archetype rating is 80 and if a player is a 90 OVR it will be because one of his Archetypes is 90. Also I'm pretty sure that no player will have all of the Archetypes choices the same, one will be higher.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »