Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #225
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
I think this is great, but only If they build on it. They could add dynamic schemes to utilize diverse offenses/defenses or tie them to certain coaches. Ijs, if we hammer them on expanding this, this could be the start of something beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I would love if they did this with coordinators next year and we can have the reality of coaches coming from a coaching tree while also having their individual quirks. For example, Dan Quinn and Gus Bradley implore the Seattle style Cover 3 but run some things differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #226
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Archetypes really doesn't seem to give us anything different than we've seen before in Madden, it's just a new name for something old.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #227
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Unless a person is just a Madden basher (which there are several that frequent the threads), we can assume that the AI was worked on in some fashion so the Scheme Fit mechanism can function properly.

Also, there’s still a lot of under-the-hood stuff at play dealing with each AI Owner/Coach profile, that’s not visible on the front end.
1) how they go about building their team
- Draft
- Trade (veteran vs young)
- FA

Oh, there’s a whole lot more stuff at play that hasn’t made its way to the front end.

Is this stuff that we know is for sure under the hood? What I mean is that is each owner/coach more unique than we see because of these "traits" or "ratings"? If so, that is wonderful, but it really is something EA needs to bring forward and expand on to really make every organization and franchise feel unique.

― Plato
Old 06-14-2018, 11:02 PM   #228
Banned

I just want to know if they fixed contracts players sign in CFM. For example if Aaron Roders was in his last year of his contract the cpu would probably sign him for 5 years 35mill. When it should be more like 5 years 130mill. To me that is game breaking. It ruins FA.

You wouldn't see a Kirk Cousins hit FA in Madden because he will sign such a cheap contract that the cpu never has to make a tough choice of paying a player the max or letting them go.

Would also like to see the trade logic touched up on. So if a team does not want to give a player a monster contract they might shop them before they hit FA.

I want to start a CFM and build a team through the draft and FA and I want it to be a challenge.

What I don't want is to have to use 100x house rules and hold back on building my team afraid to abuse a broken game.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #229
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
@adembroski

You didn't break down the numbers enough. How the NFL draft IRL really works is generally younger players get drafted in the earlier rounds and older guys get drafted in the later rounds. Cause if a guy is good enough to get drafted rounds 1-2 he typically comes out early. When you look at the draft as a whole, that drags the median back some. I ran the numbers last fall comparing Madden draft classes vs real life but lost the spreadsheet so I'm gonna do it all again.

Alright, done. Here's the final results in a spreadsheet. This uses 10 draft classes from Madden and the last 10 real life draft classes (2008-2017) as a comparison.

As you can see, there's a dramatic difference between the early rounds and the late rounds. This is what Madden fails to replicate as they have 24 year olds littered throughout the first few rounds and not nearly enough 21 year olds in the first two rounds.
I agree, I haven't finished any of this. Perhaps the high level impression is inaccurate. Lots more work to do. Before I start my own work. I'm going to break the draft down into 3rds of a round, so 21 categories.

EAs classes wont mean **** once our peeps start releasing classes.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-14-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 AM   #230
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

not as much as i was hoping for... but if they get rid of drive goals.. and possibly fire whoever dreampt up that idea...

aaaand remove the stupid button mashing for pass rushing and bring in ncaa 14 pass rush controls to go with their mantra of giving us more control... then ill probably swoop this up.

I'd love to find out info on if they added sliders.. if they tweaked them to work better

and also penalty sliders need help too.

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 06-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #231
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I wish DCEBB was doing his roster rerates. It would have been awesome to supplement cistom draft classes with his rerates.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 01:06 AM   #232
Pro

InnerCore15's Arena

I thought schemes were in M25 (the Madden I still play)?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »