Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:26 AM   #241
Rookie

KillerFart's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
If I begin customizing a draft will I be forced to see the prospects overall rating or is that in it’s own tab?
Looks like we’ll see the overall once we start editing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 06:04 AM   #242
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Remember the days? You mean Madden 18? Lol.

But I've heard it referred to as a bug but I'm pretty sure they just finally dug into the gameplans and figured out that teams were only allotted 20 plays per situation. I don't doubt that there was a bug in there where sometimes plays would get called from a different situation but I believe for the most part CPU playcalling was always working as intended, it's just that the gameplans were really, really bad with how limiting and basic they were.
Ha. Didn’t play that much of 18 or 17. I don’t think I finished a season in either. Well, here’s to hope it is finally fixed
Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #243
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

All of this looks very good to me. I love the direction they're heading.

This has probably been said, but here's a cool implication of this approach to player development:

Coach A has a young QB in his system and progresses him to that system's archetype. Coach A gets fired and Coach B has a different system, progressing that QB to his archetype. In this scenario, it's conceivable that the skill points added to the archetype for A are not optimal for B, thereby wasting or stalling the QB's development. If this happens several times early in a guy's career, I could see it leading to stagnation.

I love that this is a theoretical possibility, at least.

If they add coordinators in future years, this will certainly become a thing.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #244
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

This has probably been said, but here's a cool implication of this approach to player development:

Coach A has a young QB in his system and progresses him to that system's archetype. Coach A gets fired and Coach B has a different system, progressing that QB to his archetype. In this scenario, it's conceivable that the skill points added to the archetype for A are not optimal for B, thereby wasting or stalling the QB's development. If this happens several times early in a guy's career, I could see it leading to stagnation.

The way you laid it out is pretty cool but per the details of this game version, that would not happen unless you were doing that intentionally. The scheme does not dictate anything. You could choose vertical pass scheme and then choose a playbook that is heavy run.

You could potentially never have a scheme mismatch because of a new coach if you did not want to.

Your scheme choice should narrow down playbook options.

Here is a cool idea. I assume that each play available to us fits under one or two schemes. The game should keep track of our play selections and determine what scheme i am based on the most common scheme i fall under based on play selection. In reality, coaches are not coming up with a name for their scheme. They are just calling plays and the media provides a name for their style.

It would be enlightening for me because i am not really sure what scheme i fall under and would like to know based on my plays. You could start your franchise taking a guess at your scheme and then after 2 or 3 games when you have a large enough sample size of play selections, the game tells you what scheme you are. You could figure this out in some kind of offseason practice section where you have a scrimmage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by jsteele14; 06-15-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #245
Rookie

Will schemes affect simulated games?

Will you see a difference in simulated stats in a west coast v vertical scheme?

All these things (which as all know, isnt really anything new, just changes to things madden already had.... dont get me started on the absurdity of touting naming captains as a new feature) are shiny but they have to work right. Sim stats are always awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 AM   #246
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
In the past I have given it to who imo would be a captain.

So in the past it was easy. Kreutz, Briggs, Urlacher, Cutler.

Now? Tru, Robinson/Howard, Floyd, Fuller?
My guess for this year would be Trubisky, Long, Hicks, Trevathan, and McManis
Old 06-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #247
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
The way you laid it out is pretty cool but per the details of this game version, that would not happen unless you were doing that intentionally. The scheme does not dictate anything. You could choose vertical pass scheme and then choose a playbook that is heavy run.

You could potentially never have a scheme mismatch because of a new coach if you did not want to.

Your scheme choice should narrow down playbook options.

Here is a cool idea. I assume that each play available to us fits under one or two schemes. The game should keep track of our play selections and determine what scheme i am based on the most common scheme i fall under based on play selection. In reality, coaches are not coming up with a name for their scheme. They are just calling plays and the media provides a name for their style.

It would be enlightening for me because i am not really sure what scheme i fall under and would like to know based on my plays. You could start your franchise taking a guess at your scheme and then after 2 or 3 games when you have a large enough sample size of play selections, the game tells you what scheme you are. You could figure this out in some kind of offseason practice section where you have a scrimmage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Gotcha.

What I was thinking was the CPU coaches.

Like, in M18, Andy Reid always retires after year one. Whoever the generated coach is might have a different scheme, and might not train to the West Coast archetype, so the year under Reid and the West Coast archetype development program might wind up being a wash for Mahomes if the new coach has a vertical scheme and wants to train him in that archetype.

I'm just spitballing here, but that was what I was thinking.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #248
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

I don't think this will really work that way with the QB position at least; the different QB types (besides scrambler) are likely too similar for the overalls to be drastically different unless you're playing with a terrible QB. For example, they showed that Dak Prescott ranges from an 80 to an 82 depending on which scheme you use. Basically any starting caliber QB will likely have very similar overalls for West Coast, Strong Arm, and Field General just based on how Madden rates their players. The only guys I would expect to have a huge variance are guys like Lamar Jackson where scrambling is obviously a huge part of his game and flat out bad QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick where EA will correctly give him awful arm strength, therefore creating a wide variance between his overall as a West Coast guy versus a Strong Arm guy. On top of that, spending your XP on West Coast QB doesn't guarantee that the attribute boosts will go towards the West Coast-specific stuff. For example, the blog's example was giving Matt Ryan a boost to his West Coast scheme, which stresses short, medium, and play-action passing, but the 1/4 of his attribute boost was towards his deep ball. It seems to me that unless you're putting the XP into Scrambler, it's likely going to bump your QB's overall up pretty much across the other 3 schemes (maybe not equally, but equal enough that switching from a vertical offense to a short offense probably won't render your young QB useless unless he was already useless beforehand).

It should theoretically work this way for some other positions though (ex: Man vs. Zone corner, Power Back vs. Receiving Back, Blocking TE vs. Vertical Threat TE, etc.)
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 06-15-2018 at 09:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »