Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #257
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Sounds like something people need to make a rule in an online league or force upon themselves to "stay sim" in an offline league.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yep, The dev team isn't trying to control people who meta game that way. Offline players can literally edit anything they want to about any player at any time, so why would they worry about someone tricking the system for XP.

For online leagues it says more about the people who would circumvent the system, than it does about EA playing policeman. They already added the skill point progression system as a response to online machinations, do they really need to lock out certain playbooks because people want to scam the system. Just play the game as intended.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #258
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I don't think this will really work that way with the QB position at least; the different QB types (besides scrambler) are likely too similar for the overalls to be drastically different unless you're playing with a terrible QB. For example, they showed that Dak Prescott ranges from an 80 to an 82 depending on which scheme you use. Basically any starting caliber QB will likely have very similar overalls for West Coast, Strong Arm, and Field General just based on how Madden rates their players. The only guys I would expect to have a huge variance are guys like Lamar Jackson where scrambling is obviously a huge part of his game and flat out bad QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick where EA will correctly give him awful arm strength, therefore creating a wide variance between his overall as a West Coast guy versus a Strong Arm guy. On top of that, spending your XP on West Coast QB doesn't guarantee that the attribute boosts will go towards the West Coast-specific stuff. For example, the blog's example was giving Matt Ryan a boost to his West Coast scheme, which stresses short, medium, and play-action passing, but the 1/4 of his attribute boost was towards his deep ball. It seems to me that unless you're putting the XP into Scrambler, it's likely going to bump your QB's overall up pretty much across the other 3 schemes (maybe not equally, but equal enough that switching from a vertical offense to a short offense probably won't render your young QB useless unless he was already useless beforehand).

It should theoretically work this way for some other positions though (ex: Man vs. Zone corner, Power Back vs. Receiving Back, Blocking TE vs. Vertical Threat TE, etc.)
Makes sense. Perhaps the feature will be more impactful for those other positions, which is still a plus.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #259
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Judging from the screenshot, that is exactly what they will do

Why would they do that? This is what frustrates me about Madden. They make excuses about not implementing things until they can do it properly but then do this. I get why - it means they only had to animate a character wearing his uniform like he would on the field but with a draft backdrop instead which is easy, but it’s not the NFL Draft.

I thought this was a terrific idea, now it’s stupid.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-15-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #260
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Why would they do that? This is what frustrates me about Madden. They make excuses about not implementing things until they can do it properly but then do this. I get why - it means they only had to animate a character wearing his uniform like he would on the field but with a draft backdrop instead which is easy, but it’s not the NFL Draft.

Also, the "pose" they make is just tied to their development trait. So "star" development = flex one arm, "superstar" = flex both arms, etc.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #261
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger

I don't know if anyone else finds this as funny as I do but now I keep imagining a sketch comedy bit where a guy gets drafted and walks on stage in full gear talking about ready to hit the field and has to be told the season doesn't start for another 6 months.

EA you are doing immersion wrong lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #262
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I’ve asked this same question for the past few days and have yet to get an answer. My assumption is... nothing will stop you, which once again shows that they do not think things through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the game is functioning properly you should be at a disadvantage that would negate the XP bonus if you're running a 3-4 defense with 4-3 personnel
Old 06-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #263
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Every toggable option added to the game increases development time and QA.

A toggle for something like this should not take much Q&A time at all. It shouldn't take a log of development time. If it would take Q&A a significant time to test something like this, then the way I would describe their performance would violate the OS TOS.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #264
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

For online leagues it says more about the people who would circumvent the system, than it does about EA playing policeman. They already added the skill point progression system as a response to online machinations, do they really need to lock out certain playbooks because people want to scam the system. Just play the game as intended.
With you, but the unfortunate reality is that there is always that one guy who has to try to game the system. We dream of a day where we can just pop in the game and play as a group without having to monitor a whole lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »